Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing Lich King as Holy - PoH or Renew Spec

Hi everyone,
    I've recently developed my holy priest to a stage at which he is now soon going to be healing healing my guild's 10 man lich king. I've played around with both a renew spec and a spec with serendipity focused on PoH. So, my question is: In your opinion, does a renew spec or a PoH-centric spec with serendipity work best for healing Mr. Lich King?

Thanks!

You can't have both?
    Science started out as a form of Magic.
    When Science is advanced enough Magic is dispelled.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istract/simple

What is your healing/raid comp? are you handling infest with poh or just covering raid damage? What are your proposed talent swaps either way? What is your current gear level?

15+ Year Old Account
    I <3 my Serendipity on that fight. Renew tanks, pop Surge of Light procs into them, PoH infest, PoH when shit goes down in Frostmourne Room/transitions, etc. Basically, on that fight, all your buttons are good. Push them all.

15+ Year Old Account
    your coh should cover it

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Thanks everyone!
    My healing comp is Me, a resto shaman, and a paladin healer. Paladin on tanks, us on raid.
    My account's too new to post links but I'm deciding between the 2 specs posted on elitist jerks compendium, cause on the few times I've tried it off-guild I've found Body and Soul pretty useful.
    Last edited by Chinslayer; 2010-08-23 at 11:16 PM.

what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinslayer View Post
    Thanks everyone!
    My healing comp is Me, a resto shaman, and a paladin healer. Paladin on tanks, us on raid.
    My account's too new to post links but I'm deciding between the 2 specs posted on elitist jerks compendium, cause on the few times I've tried it off-guild I've found Body and Soul pretty useful.
    Respec and go Disc and spam those bubbles I carry alt runs for LK kills on my shitty geared priest with shields. You can prevent deaths from infest,soul harvest, raging spirits(especially clothys like urself), vile spirits(keep so many ppl alive when they fail at running), reaper, aka Every damn thing in the encounter. Especially with a holy pally and a resto shaman they can easily 2 heal while u prevent most of the damage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jostin View Post
    Respec and go Disc and spam those bubbles I carry alt runs for LK kills on my shitty geared priest with shields.
    ^this. Disc priests own that fight. They're practically mandatory for heroic.
    Just have the pally and disc, have the shaman dps.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2010-08-24 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Chinslayer:
    First of all, no reason you can't have Serendipity, Empowered Renew, and Body and Soul.
    This is the spec I'd go with. The only thing that needs to change from Normal to Heroic build is dropping the Prayer glyph, and picking up Holy Nova for phase 3.

Eis:
    Second of all, no reason to need Serendipity. If you have it, great. If not, it's not needed, time your pre-casting.

Chinslayer again: Third, there is no "prayer spec", really, unless you went deeper into Discipline and potentially lost a few more Holy goodies. Nothing really worth it, though.

And fourth, for the love of the gods, people. Stop. Saying. Spec. Discipline.
    He's not asking for a Discipline spec. He doesn't care for a Discipline spec. It doesn't matter how much it "owns" or make it easy. Is it possible to do it without a Discipline Priest? Yes. Heroic? Yes. 25 Heroic? Yes. "What do I need to do, in order to do that" with the words Holy on it, this does not translate to "spec Discipline", unless it was impossible to do it otherwise. Guess what: It's not.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-08-24 at 12:49 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

You should be using both on this fight. PoH is good for Infests and a few during transitions and Renew is really great for every other part of the fight. Using PoH too much will drain your mana extremely fast as well so it's not meant to be a spell you spam. That's double true for Heroic LK.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Thanks Kelesti for the spec, I'll go try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post

He's not asking for a Discipline spec. He doesn't care for a Discipline spec. It doesn't matter how much it "owns" or make it easy. Is it possible to do it without a Discipline Priest? Yes. Heroic? Yes. 25 Heroic? Yes. "What do I need to do, in order to do that" with the words Holy on it, this does not translate to "spec Discipline", unless it was impossible to do it otherwise. Guess what: It's not.
    Your now my favorite mod!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jostin View Post
    Respec and go Disc and spam those bubbles...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    somehow, when i saw the first post, i thought that was a taunt to kele
    well, even if it wasn't, looks like it worked (as expected) ^^

Deleted
    Tbh infest as holy is easy in 10 man especially in phase 1, the fight in 10 man means that if you have half the raid in your group, the spacing in phase 1 means that 1 holy nova(yes i dont normally use it but if it works it works) will heal your group due to stacking, then a circle of healing to heal the rest of the raid, infest damage in normal is so soft that unless you're unbelievably slow that should be enough to top everyone up and empowered renew will fix someone up if they happen to be missed. Phase 2 if there's an infest and defile at a similar time i try to make sure renews up on a few people before you spread, circle of healing again and surge of light should proc which will top up another person if they've already took a bit of damge from it. Prayer of healing i only really use during phase changes. Guardian spirit can be used in p3 to pop vile spirits if needed too.

(but at the risk of wrath, disc is easier for the fight *hides under rock*, i just go holy if ive got my pvp disc on at the time and i cba to pay 100g for 2 respecs)

Quote Originally Posted by fianzo View Post
    (but at the risk of wrath, disc is easier for the fight *hides under rock*
    *grabs brick* The rest of your post was good advice, so maybe I'll be nice. Just maybe.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

HAHAHA!!! He said easier, not best, so put the brick down, woman!

Unless you are progressing on LK hardmode, theres no reason to respec disc specifically for the normal encounter, esp. if you are 3-healing it. CoH and some flash heals can do the job pretty well. There only real danger here is when one of infest-ed raiders run too far away from you/your fella healers, but its quite unlikely ...

Btw, keep body and soul. It helps a lot in dealing with defile.

100% Effective "Healing" on Disc VS 60-70% Effective Healing on H-Priest. :-P

I will say that as any healing, you have to be on top of your game for infest. But if you are pre-casting (and you should be) it can be managed well as any spec.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest