Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Need help building new PC

I am going to build a new PC configuration and i need some help .I am going to spend up to 900 euro for it(only PC no monitor) so i need help to pick up the parts for ot.I will use it mainly for games(WoW, SC2, feature Diablo 3 etc), also for video processing after frapsing.Thas is for now if someone wants to ask something - feel free.Looking forward to it

Go for a build with a i7 930 (you can go i5 750/760 if you aren't that concerned with better video editing) and a gtx460 video card. that should fit into your budget nicely.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Deleted
    CPU: i5 750/760
    MOBO: P7P55D
    GPU: GTX 460 or HD5850+
    RAM: 4GB 1600MHz
    PSU: 650WATT

something like that = ]

Sound card is waste of money in the more expensive one. Graphics cards aren't really cost effective in either build.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    at Boomboomdot too bad they are not shipping to my country (Bulgaria) the prices here are 70-80$ more expensive than theese in the site :s

also i am thinking to get 1 more hard drive on 10000RPM or more and 6GB/s transfer for games tho only 80 gb is needed any good someone can point out ?

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 10:21 PM ----------

now i am looking for site which sells PC components and is shipping to my country - Bulgaria

any suggestions are deeply appreciated (and yes i know about ebay)

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Sound card is waste of money
    Usually the people that say this never had a good sound card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    People who say this are usually those who have need for a sound card better than on-board... or they're delusional about the actual improvement received by a separate sound card.

Sound card is waste of money for gaming computer. Every single modern motherboard's integrated sound chip is better quality than best discrete cards 10 years ago, and better than low end discrete cards 5 years ago. That's why those aren't available anymore. You need to put around $200 into headphones or $2000 into speakers before you can hear the difference between integrated audio and $100 card, and since most people use $100 speakers, they'll never hear the difference in quality or additional EAX surround effects.

Only justifiable reason to buy discrete sound card is if you need some extra connectors missing from motherboard to hook your HTPC into high end surround amplifier or you need higher quality analog inputs for (semi)pro recording/studio work.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Wow is not like other games in that it is much much more processor Dependant and very easy on graphics cards. Those computers, like most recommended gaming computers are too low on processor and too high on video.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Sound card is waste of money for gaming computer. Every single modern motherboard's integrated sound chip is better quality than best discrete cards 10 years ago, and better than low end discrete cards 5 years ago. That's why those aren't available anymore. You need to put around $200 into headphones or $2000 into speakers before you can hear the difference between integrated audio and $100 card, and since most people use $100 speakers, they'll never hear the difference in quality or additional EAX surround effects.

Only justifiable reason to buy discrete sound card is if you need some extra connectors missing from motherboard to hook your HTPC into high end surround amplifier or you need higher quality analog inputs for (semi)pro recording/studio work.
    Edit:
    Well, i haven't used an integrated audio for several years now, so if it comes to gaming maybe you're right. But i still don't think that a simple integrated chip can replace a whole sound card like the Creative X-Fi series. The higher models have some very nice features, and if you can mod them a little, they become good for music too.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-24 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    ehmm you started arguing about the sound card and nobody offered a hand (sadpanda)

Edit:
    Well, i haven't used an integrated audio for several years now, so if it comes to gaming maybe you're right. But i still don't think that a simple integrated chip can replace a whole sound card like the Creative X-Fi series. The higher models have some very nice features, and if you can mod them a little, they become good for music too.
    DACs in motherboards are similar in quality to what you see in average market DVD players and CD players. If you can match the "CD quality" there really is no need for discrete soundcard except for special circumstances. What discrete cards offer is audio processing out of CPU (it's insignificant with today's CPUs that are powerful enough for any sound fx in realtime) and sampling/playback up to professional studio equipment's level (192bit/96KHz).

Also if you're interested in high quality sound, X-Fi cards are considered pretty much overpriced marketing hype and plastic toys like most of Creative's audio products. Asus Xonar line is miles ahead in sound quality if you need actually good sound for your PC.

---------- Post added 2010-08-25 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaska7a View Post
    ehmm you started arguing about the sound card and nobody offered a hand (sadpanda)
    There are plenty of suggestions in the thread, along with some offtopic posts.

For around 900€ you should get i7-930, 4-6GB RAM, some nice motherboard (can check out "what to buy" sticky for suggestions), Nvidia GTX460 graphics card, 650-750W reputable brand PSU, decent third-party CPU cooler. If you arent' serious about the video processing and just doing it now and then, you can shave off few hundred by lowering the CPU to i5-750/760 instead.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-08-25 at 12:20 AM.
    Trolling should be.

I offered a Creative because of the gaming features, not because of the sound quality. Still, if you want the EAX and a good sound you can mod the card and it won't be that bad. It won't be something great either, but if i wanted to get the best audio quality possible, i wouldn't rely on a PC for that at all, right ?
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-25 at 01:07 AM.

I didnt mean to start a flame war, I was surfing for myself and it shows decent things who cares about a soundcard

Deleted
    ok i ended up in a dilema and an advice is appreciated
    i will get i5 750 CPU and Asus P7P55D PRO / Asus P7P55D Deluxe MOBO and i ended up wondering about the GPU. shoud i get gtx 460 768mb/1gb and in time buy another one and make them in SLI or go for HD5850? and can HD5850 be putted in crossfire with another HD5850 or is it too extreme or i dont know ?

---------- Post added 2010-08-25 at 12:03 PM ----------

oh and also i am looking for a faster HDD for games (60-80GB shoud be enough) any suggestions to look on ?
    Last edited by mmocdc91620e6a; 2010-08-25 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    If you're taking a single GPU, take the GTX 460 1GB. If you're taking duals, the 768mb will work just fine, basicly preforming like a single GTX 480. I don't think your budget will handle dual 5850s well = [

USE AMD and ATI! Damn too late! His soul is lost to the Intel Machine! Nooooooooooooooo!

Wait he can still be turned in to an ATI fan!

Zaska7a, yes all HD5000 series ATI cards can be put in Crossfire, but remember that they eat double the power and you need a compatible motherboard, so if you are thinking about Crossfire buy at least an 850W PSU (something that is signed SLI ready). I recommend:
    ASUS HD5850 and Corsair 850W PSU-850HX. Or the TX model, but the HX gives better air flow!
    Oh yes: buy a proper house that has good air flow! You will need it because two video cards are going to make lots of hot air. And i mean LOTS! (especially if you buy Nvidia... you could fry eggs on them...).

I have an Asus HD5870 and a Corsair 1000HX PSU because in the far future I'm going to put another HD5870 in my machine.

i will get i5 750 CPU and Asus P7P55D PRO / Asus P7P55D Deluxe MOBO and i ended up wondering about the GPU. shoud i get gtx 460 768mb/1gb and in time buy another one and make them in SLI or go for HD5850?
    Are you going to play more than WoW? If not, single GTX460 is the best choice in price/performance ratio by far. 1024MB model is better, and you can add second later if you need more power but 768MB is more than enough to play WoW today and in Cataclysm beta. Considering any kind of SLI/CrossFire setup will kill your budget badly.

oh and also i am looking for a faster HDD for games (60-80GB shoud be enough) any suggestions to look on ?
    SSD from Intel or Kingston. The difference faster HDD makes for games is pretty tiny, no point investing much on it. I have Win7+WoW+some other fluff on 64GB SSD and there's still plenty of room on it. Got it mostly to speed up OS, not games.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    Wait he can still be turned in to an ATI fan!
    Fan is short of "fanatic". Currently Nvidia is so much better in price/performance ratio that there is no point whatsoever buying ATI cards unless you can find really good deal.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Are you going to play more than WoW? If not, single GTX460 is the best choice in price/performance ratio by far. 1024MB model is better, and you can add second later if you need more power but 768MB is more than enough to play WoW today and in Cataclysm beta. Considering any kind of SLI/CrossFire setup will kill your budget badly.
    i am going to buy another one in the near future 3-4 months ahead not now.And yes i am going to play more than WoW

SSD from Intel or Kingston. The difference faster HDD makes for games is pretty tiny, no point investing much on it. I have Win7+WoW+some other fluff on 64GB SSD and there's still plenty of room on it. Got it mostly to speed up OS, not games.
    i am going to fraps - isnt it better to store fraped files on the other HDD not the one i am using for play? thats why i want another one
    Last edited by mmocdc91620e6a; 2010-08-25 at 12:45 PM.