Thumbs down Blizzards Secret MMO Speculation

So, my thoughts on it is its going to be a sci-fi type game, and i think its going to be announced at blizzcon, My reasoning?

Star Wars, The Old Republic. this game is looking brilliant and i cant wait for it, Everything is voiced, You can change what happens to you in the future depending on choices you make in the beginning instead of the same repetitive quests like wow, space combat and an overall better gameplay in its own aspects.

but with blizzard seeing everything they are doing to improve on the mmo experience in general, blizzard is going to take all of that and try to squash it to the ground so they dont have to fight with anyone still and can take the entire market for themselves, so i believe to get rid of some of the hype for swtor we will see they're new mmo.

TLDR: Swtor is looking good so blizzard will try to squash it with announcing the new mmo come blizzcon

Edit: i want your guys thoughts on the matter or your opinion, but please dont make this a wow > swtor thing or anything along those lines please
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace- Jimi Hendrix

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.- General Patton

I would not count on seeing it announced at this years Blizzcon, my money is on Blizzcon 2011.

The thing is we know almost nothing about this game. For all we know it is not even a RPG. Maybe Blizzard is trying another MMO subgenre. But putting those thoughts aside my guess would also be a non fantasy MMORPG, a sci-fi setting would be plausible.
    Still all just speculation. We will have to wait for this or the next Blizzcon.

I hope it's a FPS-MMO. There are no quality games in that genre yet, so they could corner that market too.

an First person shooter mmo would be interesting to see done, if done well
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace- Jimi Hendrix

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.- General Patton

I'm almost 99.9999999999999999% confident it wouldn't be an FPS MMO. Blizzard does not do "new" games. They simply take previous ideas and implementations, and polish them up as best they can.

They're not really big on the "inventing a new genre".

RTS MMO! Lol, kidding.

My unoriginal idea (except for the FPS idea I stole from the above posters just now) is a Starcraft MMO.

Now the idea is a FPS Starcraft MMO. Unless of course, with all the tech Gnomes/Goblins make, the Draenai slowly evolving and the Fel Hunters splitting off into their own race, we just have to wait for World of Warcraft to slowly change into World of Starcraft...

Could you imagine if the Warcraft and Starcraft universes were the same (only at different times?).
    Thrall: AND I need your calm mind keeping some amount of peace between Horde and Alliance, in case--
    Garrosh: Get away from me, you dwarf runt! Do I look like a questgiver to you?
    Thrall: Well, something like that, for example.
    Garrosh: You want a quest? How about a fetch quest? Go fetch my axe! (distant yelp) It's over there, stuck in your flight master.

Fan Game: Warcraft - Deathwing's Assault

My money is on: Post apocalyptic, zombie infested, MMO-TPS-RPG.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-08-29 at 07:58 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on that "Soldier 77" or 76, or whatever it's called book that Metzen is writing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Just when I thought I was done with class changes, they pull me back in!

It's code named Banana.

i like these idea's but im still pulling for a sci fi mmo just to combat a big opponent coming up

Quote Originally Posted by Aloness View Post
    My unoriginal idea (except for the FPS idea I stole from the above posters just now) is a Starcraft MMO.
    That it will NOT be a Starcraft/Warcraft/Diablo game is one of the few things we actually DO know about it.

Lol, I forgot about that Higgi, thanks for reminding me...

Umm, ok, I'm out of ideas, I'm not very creative, lol.
    Thrall: AND I need your calm mind keeping some amount of peace between Horde and Alliance, in case--
    Garrosh: Get away from me, you dwarf runt! Do I look like a questgiver to you?
    Thrall: Well, something like that, for example.
    Garrosh: You want a quest? How about a fetch quest? Go fetch my axe! (distant yelp) It's over there, stuck in your flight master.

Fan Game: Warcraft - Deathwing's Assault

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    I'm almost 99.9999999999999999% confident it wouldn't be an FPS MMO. Blizzard does not do "new" games. They simply take previous ideas and implementations, and polish them up as best they can.

They're not really big on the "inventing a new genre".
    FPS MMO aren't new, there are already quite some around.

Anyway, the new IP will be about what Metzen hasn't write yet. Starcraft is the Sci Fi genre, Diablo the high fantasy, Warcraft is plain fantasy with mix of all. The next genre I'm seeing Metzen delivering is a steampunk/cyberpunk universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    FPS MMO aren't new, there are already quite some around.

Anyway, the new IP will be about what Metzen hasn't write yet. Starcraft is the Sci Fi genre, Diablo the high fantasy, Warcraft is plain fantasy with mix of all. The next genre I'm seeing Metzen delivering is a steampunk/cyberpunk universe.
    I really doubt it. WOW being a melting pot of fantasy, they could add any steampunk stuff they wanted. An MMO based entirely on steampunk sounds very meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    My money is on: Post apocalyptic, zombie infested, MMO-TPS-RPG.
    You mean a Fallout MMO...