View Poll Results: WoW Tat, good or bad?

Voters
453. This poll is closed
  • I'm actually thinking about getting/have one already

101 22.30%
  • More power to you, just not for me

127 28.04%
  • Meh, probably not a good idea

99 21.85%
  • Your a dumbass

126 27.81%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good feedback guys. I hear alot of people talking about the placement and how it wont work on the forearm. Idk if its just my imagination but I think it would work (mb a little will have to go around the sides). I'll try drawing it out later and mb post a pic if the proportions seem right.

As for which one, this for sure

Also people wondering about career etc. I'm currently going to school for game art and design and obviously plan to do that for my career.(Unleash the trolls! Haters gonna hate.) I'll also probably be doing graphic design on the side as well. As such, a tat of a video game symbol on my arm really won't be an issue.

Pretty standard badass biker tattoo of a bike and a badass/woman. The guy who got this tattoo obviously likes bikes. Will he still like bikes when he's 80 and maybe bikes are obsolete from future transportation advancements or he's too old to really go around riding a motorcycle? probally not so much. Is it still a badass looking tattoo from what he was interested in when he was younger? Yes.

A tattoo of a video game is no different than a tattoo of a hand of cards, dice, bikes, women, or anything.

If you find it interesting and don't mind it being on your skin for the rest of your life, then do it. It will always be a memory of what you got into when you were younger, either you be ashamed or proud.

Think about the future when getting a tattoo, do not get one for a moment in time where you are really into something - make it very general. Though I have been playing World of Warcraft since it has been released like many of you on these forums have - I still not get one just geared toward World of Warcraft. However I will get one eventually, it will not just be detailed to WoW. I am going to get the word 'Nostalgia' tattooed on my arm. Anyway, regards and best of luck to you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salaran View Post
    So I'm actually thinking about getting the Horde crest tattooed onto the inside of my forearm, starting from just above my wrist, stretching to just below my elbow joint. I figured that its ambiguous enough that if a person who played wow saw it, they would know whats up and someone who didn't would just think its a cool piece of tribal art or something (not that I mind if people know I play wow).

What do you guys think? Would you ever get a WoW tattoo or do you think I'm a dumbass for considering it?

Raw opinions....GO!
    Don't do it, seriously, you'll forever brand yourself as a WoW fanatic and that's a 'bad' thing.
    Really don't do it.
    It might seem like a cool idea now, but when you're 50 you'll still have that tattoo.

the thing is.. even people who dont play wow will recognize the symbol... and probably belittle you... because we all know how gamers who dont play wow think they are holier than thou.

my cousin thinks this way as well.. so instead he is getting something only a true wow nerd would understand... "Lok tor ogar!"

Deleted
    An emblem on your forearm? Hey, sure. It'll be cool, even if and in that case when you stop playing WoW. That's one story. On the other side of the fence, I know a guy who tatoo'd a tauren onto his chest. Don't go that far.

But hey, your body, your decision. I personally don't want to tattoo anything at all ever for reasons of my own, but if I ever got one, I probably wouldn't regret picking a horde symbol as the motive.

Deleted
    A tattoo is something personal, so choosing to take one. I personaly won't get a wow tattoo because I will regret it. I'm not that commited to wow. But if you are and it has vallue for you to have it, go for it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    the thing is.. even people who dont play wow will recognize the symbol... and probably belittle you... because we all know how gamers who dont play wow think they are holier than thou.

my cousin thinks this way as well.. so instead he is getting something only a true wow nerd would understand... "Lok tor ogar!"
    If he spelt a permanent tattoo "lok tor", I feel sorry for him. Honestly.

I love frost spec!!!

I have a video game related tattoo

and I dont regret it.
    Last edited by Kavoo; 2010-09-01 at 10:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, just go for it, MOST people who don't play WoW won't recognize it and even after WoW gets old it's still an awesome primal-looking symbol. I've got one and I love it. Though I wouldn't get it on the forearm, unless you've got a job that you aren't in any danger of losing. I got mine above my ankle and it's sweet, can cover it up with a sock or long pants if I need to and it looks totally badass.

Besides, if you're even thinking about it, then it must mean a lot to you. I wouldn't get it if I'd been playing for a year or something, but I've played this game going on 6 years and, whether you like it or not it's a big part of your life. It's something I've been pretty passionate about so why not? If you're passionate about it, then to hell with what other people think. In 30 years or whatever, I know I won't regret it because WoW has become part of who I am and has shaped me into what I am today and if you've played as long as some of us then there's no escaping the fact that it's done the same to you.
    Last edited by Enders; 2010-09-01 at 09:38 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salaran View Post
    Good feedback guys. I hear alot of people talking about the placement and how it wont work on the forearm. Idk if its just my imagination but I think it would work (mb a little will have to go around the sides). I'll try drawing it out later and mb post a pic if the proportions seem right.
    It really depends on how big your arm is. There have been that exact tattoo in that exact place pictures on these forums before and it looked fine. If you have thin arms and you want it that big it may just wrap around your arm a bit.

If you need forum opinions on whether or not you should get a video game tattoo, you need something a whole lot different than a tattoo. Not that it's anything wrong with getting a WoW-tattoo, I can see myself with a Zelda-themed tattoo someday, but if you actually make your decision of whether or not a life-long picture of a video game symbol shall be put on your arm based on the opinion of a bunch of strangers on an internet forum for the video game in question, you need some fucking common sense, not a tattoo.

I would reconsider the location……..

Go higher on the Bicep

It would be nice to be able to wear a short sleeve shirt and still not show it ….if you wanted
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking someone else and especially some internet geeks if you should get something that you will leave with it on the rest of your life (or get a n ugly red spot later) it's very mature yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    If you need forum opinions on whether or not you should get a video game tattoo, you need something a whole lot different than a tattoo. Not that it's anything wrong with getting a WoW-tattoo, I can see myself with a Zelda-themed tattoo someday, but if you actually make your decision of whether or not a life-long picture of a video game symbol shall be put on your arm based on the opinion of a bunch of strangers on an internet forum for the video game in question, you need some fucking common sense, not a tattoo.
    Maybe you should read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions. He has already said he is getting the tattoo, he just wanted to see what people thought about it.
    Professional Forum Lurker

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Don't do it, seriously, you'll forever brand yourself as a WoW fanatic and that's a 'bad' thing.
    Really don't do it.
    It might seem like a cool idea now, but when you're 50 you'll still have that tattoo.
    The only type of people that would recognize it as a "WoW symbol" would be people that are also WoW fanatics.

And I've never understood the whole "when you're 50" crap. A tattoo can symbolize a time in your life that you enjoyed. They're personal, and they should only be important/meaningful to the person getting it, not some ridiculous perception of what people may think of it.

I have a full HR Giger sleeve on my right arm (google him). When I'm 50 it will remind me of when I was young and "crazy". It will be a conversation piece, and it will remind me of a time where I had fun and enjoyed my life for what it is, and what it contained at the time. They're pieces of nostalgia, something people around here should know quite well.

Get tattoo because you want to, and get something that you enjoy. Fuck what anyone else says. Opinions and suggestions are great (which I think the OP was aiming for), but don't be convinced otherwise because of others people opinions regarding tattoo's. You can very easily tell the type of people that like tattoo's and those that don't. If you don't like them, that's great, to each their own. But don't shit on someone else for something they want/enjoy. If anyone needs "fucking common sense" it's those people.
    Last edited by skylla05; 2010-09-01 at 09:46 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Its what it means to you thats important not others...its really no different than getting a football clubs logo tattoo on you to show your support for your team.

If i had the cash i would why not? if people think less of you for having a wow related tattoo then they arnt worth knowing!
    ^ this, definantly

tattoos are a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling

Just make sure it's more a symbol than an icon. A faction logo makes a hell of a lot more tattoo sense than a blood elf's face plastered on your bicep.