Minimize when we adjust volume ><

So my wife and I just got a new computer, and it has windows 7, it runs great and everything but everytime we have any program up and running in full screen, mainly wow, when she adjusts the volume, it minimizes what ever program is running to show the slider bar for the volume level. I know there has to be a way to stop this from happening, I'm just not sure how. So please someone help.

---------- Post added 2010-09-07 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dive View Post
    So my wife and I just got a new computer, and it has windows 7, it runs great and everything but everytime we have any program up and running in full screen, mainly wow, when she adjusts the volume, it minimizes what ever program is running to show the slider bar for the volume level. I know there has to be a way to stop this from happening, I'm just not sure how. So please someone help.
    Anyone?
    Last edited by Dive; 2010-09-07 at 09:22 AM. Reason: spelling

How exactly does she adjust the volume, are you using the volume sliders on usb speakers, a volume slider on "regular" speakers or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Aley View Post
    How exactly does she adjust the volume, are you using the volume sliders on usb speakers, a volume slider on "regular" speakers or something else?
    with the volume buttons on the keyboard
    Last edited by Dive; 2010-09-07 at 01:07 PM.

What you do when you use the keyboard volume panel is you're adjusting the volume slider that you see on your taskbar. This will minimize any fullscreen applications you have open. I'd either do some research on how to stop Windows audio panel from doing that, or just simply use the volume sliders in WoW.

Try running the game in fullscreen or windowed-maximized-disableresize. One way or another it should keep crap from bouncing into foreground.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

It does the same with movies, its lame and I cant imagine the people who developed the software over looked this thing. I cant be the first person to have an issue with everything they do getting minimized just to see the volume slider bar on screen. There has to be a way to stop it and im certain someone out here can help.

You could try adjusting the notification icons preferences'. Click on the small arrow and customize, and change volume control to be always hidden. It might not be the most practical solution, but it would be band-aid fix.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.