Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Movie This Summer?

So far, for this year, what movie has been the best in your opinion?

Personally, I would have to say...
    The Other Guys. Great mix of action and comedy. Great casting.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

You're daft, man! While The Other Guys was good, Inception was, without question, the best movie so far this year. That movi blew my friggin' mind.

Scott Pilgrim and Piranha 3D were both Laugh Out Loud fucking hilarious.

I'm partial to Predators. Could have been a bit better though it was a substantial improvement over AvP2 (not that that's a huge accomplishment) but it was a nice change after the insult that was the new AvP game's multiplayer. Inception was pretty good as well but I'm a Joey Gordon-Levitt fan. Seeing him as the posse's brawn was. . .different.

Scott pilgrim for me, better than all the other movies i saw, most memeroble.

Inception is hands down, the best movie this year, and maybe last year. It was epic. Whoever here says that Inception isnt the best movie this summer, they havent seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inception is hard to beat. An action movie... BUT WITH A PLOT (ZOMG WTF IS THIS?!?!?!?!)!

I enjoyed Kick Ass and Prince of Persia... but I wouldn't go so far as to say that they deserved a #1 spot.

Scott Pilgrim by far.

Inception was a great movie but immensely overhyped. "Oh noes is he in teh dreem or is he alive lulz?!"

The visuals were pretty amazing, however. But if I were to choose between Inception and Shutter Island, I'd say the latter is superior.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see too many movies but I'd have to say Kick-Ass. For pure Brainless nerdgasmic fun Ironman 2 yes there's no plot.. but it's got Cameos galore and explosions!

i just saw grown ups today, that was possibly one of the funniest movies ever

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to go with Inception, i really liked the action scenes, the plot and the characters

15+ Year Old Account
    Inception was just all around goodness. The story was awesome. The characters were amazing, the way the actors portrayed them was outstanding, the soundtrack gives you goosebumps. If it wasn't for Inception, this would be one dull summer, and I know people say that every year but, nothing was really groundbreaking this year. Only 2 movies I can say I really liked and that's Inception and Scott Pilgrim, Scott Pilgrim can follow the same lines as i said with inception, great soundtrack, great characters, great comedy, great action, great fight scenes. People have a hard time with 1-3 villains in a movie (Spider Man 3), this man did 7. And they were all perfect. Cept the first guy, he was kind of annoying.

Inception was amazing, but the trophy goes to..........

the other guys!! Will Ferral and Marky Mark together in the funniest movie i have seen in a LONG time??? HELLZ YEAH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    Inception was amazing, but the trophy goes to..........

the other guys!! Will Ferral and Marky Mark together in the funniest movie i have seen in a LONG time??? HELLZ YEAH!!
    Aim for the bushes. /brofist

Finally someone who agrees with me.

Edit: aww he got banned. I is alone again.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-09-14 at 12:18 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    Scott Pilgrim and Piranha 3D were both Laugh Out Loud fucking hilarious.
    I'm going to Piranha 3D, i hope it is good

I don't know yet which i like best.

I have to agree with the Inception votes. That one's going in the personal dvd collection! Leonardo DiCaprio is definitely growing on me as an actor, the rest of the cast played well too. I'm also a fan of Ken Watanabe for some reason, can't say why. Though I'd like to see him broaden his range, all I've seen him play is the "elder, wise, powerful Japanese dude."

And yes, music for Inception was fantastic. The gf and I both walked out of that movie thoroughly impressed with the score. Great visuals, clever story. All it was missing was Edward Norton. ;-)
    And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though a little early for summer, Kick Ass was highly entertaining.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Deleted
    inception was brilliant

Scott Pilgrim by a mile, Id have to say one of the most genius movies Ive seen in a LONG time. Its one of the movies I come out of saying, wow that was awesome. Makes me smile when I think about it.