Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    You were expecting them to hand out epics to a level 1-100 Archeologist?
    They've been handing out epix since the last months of 2006 so why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryn View Post
    It probably won't bring world pvp. But on pvp realms it'll add a bit of excitement fighting off those "claim jumpers."

And another question? We've seen the pic for summoning the Archeaology mount but in your journal is there any page marked with the mount? Like at this level you'll get this title or this item for collecting this and that?
    Updating main post with the achievements.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info, Im going to link This thread to mine

If thats alright with you of course .. I will be linking your name

Another video of how Survey works (Archaeology). Nice and long:
    youtube.com/watch?v=RIzy6l8uSQQ

Deleted
    amg a challenging profession! world pvp, I iz prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scribzey View Post
    Thanks for the info, Im going to link This thread to mine

If thats alright with you of course .. I will be linking your name
    I don't mind, go ahead.

What im happy about is that it would appear from these screen shots that you cant ninja artifacts from other players.

Amazing thread,thanks for sharing and taking the time to make and upload the screenshots

Can't wait for it to hit live so we can go dig stuff

Great, another thing for me to obsess over completing :<

Deleted
    So your "spots" on the world map are just for you? Is there no contest over the artifacts between players just like herbs and ores?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as scribzey is writing a whole book on it I think I'll hand the job over to him and run around playing again .

For those of you who hate me for that here is a picture of my DK after race changing to goblin to distract you.

---------- Post added 2010-09-10 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    So your "spots" on the world map are just for you? Is there no contest over the artifacts between players just like herbs and ores?
    I saw others at the same dig site as me, but we didn't seem to compete with each other.

managed to get it to 73 but could be fun since i decided to do some kalimdor surveying and after 2 zones survey'd it decided that i should goto mt hyjal and uldum which isnt much fun for a crapply geared paladin

This looks absolutely dreadful. Like mining, but about 10 times worst. I hope at least Blizzard had the foresight to make it so the artifacts only appear for you, because it would suck to have to fly across the map for something only to find it's already been taken (like mining nodes). The rewards for this tradeskill better be damn good or damn valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    This looks absolutely dreadful. Like mining, but about 10 times worst. I hope at least Blizzard had the foresight to make it so the artifacts only appear for you, because it would suck to have to fly across the map for something only to find it's already been taken (like mining nodes). The rewards for this tradeskill better be damn good or damn valuable.
    You don't share with others from what I have seen, so you wouldn't have to worry about that. I think its based on time instead.

So let's say I buy Cataclysm, and I am level 80 and going to Hyjal, will I be able to skill up Archaology right away from 1 or is Hyjal kind of require a certain level to find artefacts inthere? Seeing how you got in Feralas at a skill of 1 kind of answer my question, but I just want to be sure.

Also, do you have any idea how you get Rare Artefacts? A random 0.1% chance drop from the normal digs? Or will it be a whole other thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryn View Post
    And another question? We've seen the pic for summoning the Archeaology mount but in your journal is there any page marked with the mount? Like at this level you'll get this title or this item for collecting this and that?
    No. You have an empty journal that fills up with the items you've completed.
    Dwarf's tablet is called "Dwarf Rune Stone". So far level 85 and nothing worth mentioning found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    So let's say I buy Cataclysm, and I am level 80 and going to Hyjal, will I be able to skill up Archaology right away from 1 or is Hyjal kind of require a certain level to find artefacts inthere? Seeing how you got in Feralas at a skill of 1 kind of answer my question, but I just want to be sure.

Also, do you have any idea how you get Rare Artefacts? A random 0.1% chance drop from the normal digs? Or will it be a whole other thing?
    Currently you can dig up anything at level 1, not sure if it is intended though. And I wouldn't know about rare artifacts because I have yet to find one.

Bump for sticky if not already

This is possibly the most inane addition to the game I've ever seen. It just shows that Blizz is scared of simple microtransaction games that interface to social networks like Facebook, and has to clone them within WoW.