Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Even so Ancient Hysteria will only cost focus where as for shaman/mage it cost mana. LIke 40-50 focus vs. 4500 mana hmmm.

That mount is pure awesome!

For some reason I'm disappointed that he didn't jump while riding it...

No need for a shaman for beast cleave now, you get casting sped reduction and heroism with a corehound.

I guess the shaman will be replaced for a warrior, something.

A lot of people don't realize that the heroism pet is major in arena, you will most likely see every hunter using the heroism pet, which their intention was too add diversity, lol.

PvP is going to be completely dead in cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    Looking at this from the PvP side of things, Hunters are already known for retarded fast damage. Add in Camo and the ability to grab almost any buff/debuff they need for their team and this could get quite OP quite quickly. Although from a PvE standpoint it is a pretty nice welcome change.
    Cataclysm PvP is most likely going to be far different than it currently is, and adding in focus should actually reduce the amount of fast damage a hunter can do as they need to wait for it to regenerate to fire off the double chimera shots with readiness, for example.

I think the changes to the pets is actually the best way to ensure that raid groups have the best chances of covering some of the more desirable group buffs, and it's going to mean Blizzard don't have to worry about balancing class composition again after giving it an additional group buff. Some of the group buffs are attached to exotic beasts also, so you'd need a Beast Mastery hunter for heroism, so it's not like a marks hunter it going to have personal access to it in PvP.

Only one hunter spec with one pet gets bloodlust, hardly gamebreaking.

Wow blizzard, definitely worth the wait for pet changes, couldn't be happier awesome stuff.
    Also a pretty convincing reason why one of our dual specs needs to be BM in this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Iko View Post
    That mount is pure awesome!

For some reason I'm disappointed that he didn't jump while riding it...
    I can fix that.

No seriously, I'll put together another quick video for you to show off the jump animation. I'll reply to this news with it when it's uploaded (or you can just keep an eye on the Curse Youtube channel :P)

Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post
    Only one hunter spec with one pet gets bloodlust, hardly gamebreaking.
    There are lots of Hunters rocking Beast mastery, this can change the way 3s work with hunter teams in a BIG way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post
    I can fix that.

No seriously, I'll put together another quick video for you to show off the jump animation. I'll reply to this news with it when it's uploaded (or you can just keep an eye on the Curse Youtube channel :P)
    I love you.
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.

"Hey guys we're missing a buff"

"Which one?"

"Doesn't matter bring a Hunter"

Am I the only one wondering what the hell Blizzard is thinking with the amount of stable slots available to Hunters and the fact they can call their pets from the stable with no cooldown? while the only condition needed to be met is being ooc.

Loving the Archeology change now. Was a bit disappointed when they said they took out Path of the Titans, but I understand why they did it. And now, Archeology has been polished up to be worth the time to pursue it again. Kudos Blizz. Now if you could just maintain that "kudos vs wtf" ratio, everything would be peachy.

Deleted
    Too bad they slapped on the same old Cat animations on the mount. I hope they're going to give all horse like mounts the same animations as the spirit horse you can buy from the cashshop. Archeology seems really fun,glad to hear your node can't be taken by some random asshat while you're working on it. Can't wait to collect all artifacts! As a shammy i'm not to happy to hear that hunters can now take away another thing that made us valluable to groups...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    I hope they remove this unbalanced pet with heroism.
    It isn't unbalanced at all. I can see BM hunters being welcomed into raids with a core hound for this reason, especially if there's no shaman in the group already. For a while into the Beta I was really starting to frown at the hunter changes, but now I think they're started to look wonderful. Perhaps BM hunters won't be so bad anymore.

And now I think Archaeology (Need to think of a short way to write this.) looks really exciting! Can't wait for Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzykizzy View Post
    I hope they're going to give all horse like mounts the same animations as the spirit horse you can buy from the cashshop.
    Now why would you want that? Both the Celestial Steed and Invincible (Currently the only two horse mounts in the game with the same model.) look awkward and somewhat silly. Invincible less so than the Celestial Steed, but even so, they look strange and more like a pony than a horse. I'd like to see a revamped version of the original horse mounts.
    Last edited by mmocc5c312fa0d; 2010-09-11 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwbrown7680 View Post
    There are lots of Hunters rocking Beast mastery, this can change the way 3s work with hunter teams in a BIG way.
    And so it will be balanced with that in mind, no big deal at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archaeology looks pretty cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Hunters needed this overhaul regarding pets, it really was a must. I shouldn't need to explain why. As for the QQ concerning Ancient Hysteria, stop it seriously. In order to obtain it we need to roll BM, it's not like we just acquire it like another class (Time Warp - Mage)

i absolutely love the ghoul changes and i have a feeling its going to hit like a truck.. unless they nerf the percentage of the owners stats which the ghoul gets.

Deleted
    Guys stop crying, hunters will have 1 of these buffs up at one time, not all of them :P. Really interesting to see people crying because they will now have more buffs available in 10mans. Arenas will barely matter because of rated BGs. Im wondering if you will still have to be BM for Corehound though...

I don't see what the big issue is. It's like being a Shaman, the exact same concept. Pulling out whatever totem is needed, BLing, being able to heal and rez yourself... Diversity is not OP or bad. Don't be mad because you're a Warrior and can't bring this to the table.

I personally am not going to roll BM just for pet buffs. It's silly. I'll play the spec I want and get whatever pet I want. And then some people will feel the need to lose DPS for pet viability and diversity, and they will, and that's how they'll play.

But instead, please, more Rogues and Warriors and Shamans who don't feel special, come in and try to get everyone else nerfed because you can't be everything. *eyeroll*

The only thing I don't really like about Ancient Hysteria (aside from it sounding like a DK ability) is that it's for a single talent spec. The other two spells are available to a class, this is a specific talent tree within a class. For a lot of Hunters this is going to mean either their primary or secondary spec will NEED to be Beastmastery, especially if your focus is going to be 10-player content. It just feels strange to force such a powerful buff on a single spec. Not to mention a specific *pet* within the spec.

Aside from that, it's nice to see Bloodlust/Heroism on a third class.