Page 49 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Seriously?

Yes I know the lfd system has brought tons and tons of idiots (most are just new and still need to learn mechanics).*but* I'm sure when you started playing you knew everything about this game. Right? Wrong. Anyhoo what does this (I am going to call him new) Death Knight have to do with raids and dungeons? No him being a noob and not knowing the mechanics of auras has nothing to do with Raids and Dungeons.

Also, instead of being a complete jackass to people maybe you could put your ::so called:: insightful knowledge and maybe teach him about the differences between Blood, Frost, and Unholy Precences. I mean by doing it nicely. If by then he is not willing to learn then, well, drop group re queue and move the fuck on.

Complaining about this here will get you, well, too be honest, no where.
    Last edited by Shinoashi; 2010-09-12 at 04:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhh.... just, uhhhgg. I don't know what to say to:
    Me: Change to frost presence or I'm not gonna heal you.
    Noob DK: Dude look what spec I am, I'm unholy.
    Me: Yea so? Your tanking so go into frost...
    Noob Dk: Dude your a moron learn to play a DK.
    It's just so... ugh... I feel you man... I feel you... I mean... ugh...
    To think I used to play the same class as this moron.

---------- Post added 2010-09-12 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Seriously?

Yes I know the lfd system has brought tons and tons of idiots (most are just new and still need to learn mechanics).*but* I'm sure when you started playing you knew everything about this game. Right? Wrong. Anyhoo what does this (I am going to call him new) Death Knight have to do with raids and dungeons? No him being a noob and not knowing the mechanics of auras has nothing to do with Raids and Dungeons.

Also, instead of being a complete jackass to people maybe you could put your ::so called:: insightful knowledge and maybe teach him about the differences between Blood, Frost, and Unholy Precences. I mean by doing it nicely. If by then he is not willing to learn then, well, drop group re queue and move the fuck on.

The OP said that the DK said that he raids ICC on his shaman. There is no excuse for such ignorance.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2010-09-12 at 04:36 AM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

If it's any consolation, the idiots Wrath has set loose upon us will be eaten alive by common outdoor mobs in Cataclysm.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    The OP said that the DK said that he raids ICC on his shaman. There is no excuse for such ignorance.
    I especially like the part where shamans = death knights.

Oh wait... :<

Really it's just a matter of not reading what the skills do. If i was a complete new guy and i was tanking, I would have taken Frost Presence anyway because i would understand the benefits of using it.

I mean seriously, ARMOR CONTRIBUTION increase, stamina increase, Threat increased? These people can't possibly be so dumb as to know exactly what the skill does, and choose not to use it. They probably just can't read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Deleted
    Thanks for sharing your whine, now everyone can bitch in unison with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    I especially like the part where shamans = death knights.

Oh wait... :<
    Funny, I dont have a DK, and I know this info. A simple 10 seconds of reading what each presense does should tell you which one to use.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    Seriously?

I think the problem is a lot of these guys are arrogant assholes. If the person is just new to the game, yeah it's no problem to help them. If they're bashing you when you tell them to turn on frost presence, though, and they're calling YOU a newb and telling YOU off; I, for one, won't waste my time trying to educate someone who clearly knows what they're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

i knew a DK that had death grip in his rotation then died in VoA and asked how he got aggro and why the healers didnt heal him. also knew 1 that was wondering why path of frost kept falling off him if it was the tanking talent...

Thanks for sharing your whine, now everyone can bitch in unison with you.
    Whining about a whine thread that clearly is titled as a whine thread.

I don't see what this has to do with the guy being a Dk, hes just an asshole regardless of hes class
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Alt number 9(?), first Alliance toon. Tank specced and geared (as much as you can at level 43).

I can safely say in 6 months the LFD calibre of players has degraded badly - maybe 5% of the runs go smoothly the rest its truly shite dps, body pulls, 'omg tank you are slow I pull mobs', people not knowing where the dungeon entrances are, ninja looters, fail ninja looters (hunters rolling on plate), bitching, whining, arguments, insults, l2play, bad advice, good advice and fail elitism.

I generally say fuck all these days, unless someone is being an obvious prick/ninja then a silent votekick ensues.

Deleted
    i hope that cataclysm will weed out at least 50% of these retards. seems like half the time i go as a DPS, the tank is utterly fail and can't even hold aggro on a single mob, yet thinks that he is master of the universe with his 5K failscore...

and when i go as a tank, invariably i'm stuck with a tard that severely underperforms. i've had 500 DPS players in my group. really, 500 DPS? that's about 5/3 what i pull with my 58 rogue. and about half of my 77 UH DPS DK.

Deleted
    Also, another healer here so...I guess we're the only sane ones left?
    Nope, I had a tree druid need the PoS dagger over my rogue for his feral offspec.

I hope he enjoys gemming for hit.

Does anyone else notice that all the terrible DKs have equally bad spelling and grammer?
    Anyways, yeah, almost every DK tank I see in heroics is either unholy dps spec, blood/dps spec, or hybrid. I've only seen 2 death knights who actually know how to spend their talent points.

Quote Originally Posted by Deminishment View Post
    So just now I was running Mana Tombs with this Dk tank. About half way through the instance he switched to blood presence and started loosing health really fast. I politely asked him to change back to frost presence several times and after finaly having enough the I told him to get into frost or else I wasn't gonna heal him. His answer was great

Me: Change to frost presence or I'm not gonna heal you.
    Noob DK: Dude look what spec I am, I'm unholy.
    Me: Yea so? Your tanking so go into frost...
    Noob Dk: Dude your a moron learn to play a DK.
    While the dk obviously wasn't doing the correct thing when he switched out of frost presence telling him Do this or else is almost never going to work. Heck, if you did that to me I'd refuse even if I knew you were right just because you were trying to force me to do something. I find I do well with people if I engage them in friendly conversation about things rather than tell them they are wrong and do this. Not saying this always works but the odds are a lot better than demanding things.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s View Post
    While the dk obviously wasn't doing the correct thing when he switched out of frost presence telling him Do this or else is almost never going to work. Heck, if you did that to me I'd refuse even if I knew you were right just because you were trying to force me to do something. I find I do well with people if I engage them in friendly conversation about things rather than tell them they are wrong and do this. Not saying this always works but the odds are a lot better than demanding things.
    I find that telling them they're a fucking mongoloid and kicking them so I can get someone above the IQ of a lobster to finish the dungeon works even better.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Funny, I dont have a DK, and I know this info. A simple 10 seconds of reading what each presense does should tell you which one to use.
    This.

We had a ret pally in our old guild that swore that every time he used Divine Intervention, the boss would one-shot him out of nowhere. >.> I was like "Do you even READ your tooltips? Or do you just smash your face on the keyboard and hope it turns out OK?"

This same ret pally literally did face-roll on his keyboard in H Gundrak once (King Dred). He kept vent open so we could hear it. It was horrifying--both the overwhelming noise, and the fact that even though he was doing this he could still pull 6K DPS. >.>
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2010-09-13 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Because I fail at typing.

I've gotten to the point where I just unacknowledged the existence of scrub dks. But one OT thing.

Was on my warlock who I let sit out for alot of Wotlk so he has not the best gear. I get a pally tank for HoR and at the time I'm affliction... and ripping agro from bosses.

Me: Hey you mind putting out some threat buddy?
    Him: Get omen, it will help you not die
    Me: I have it, and its my dots ripping, do something about it
    Him: If i was on my hunter I'd teach you how to dispell your own dots
    Me: If I was on my Dk I'd teach ya how to tank

That dialog up there is where I love scrubs when you destroy their logic =D

Worst DK I've seen was stacking spirit gems in his gear. When I asked him why, he said that it caused his runes to regen faster ....