Anyone else annoyed about this?

Has anyone else seen this? I know it is really old news but was just wondering. I came across a blog post about XBL going up, then checked my XBL email address to see if it was for real and I had an email.

Anyone else think M$ is taking advantage of Halo:Reach and it's giant fanbase?

Deleted
    This is a wow-related website and you're asking if it's wrong to milk a game's fanbase? :\ well wow does it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    This is a wow-related website and you're asking if it's wrong to milk a game's fanbase? :\ well wow does it.
    lol why because it's been 15 bucks a month, from the start, as always? I doubt it. Now if you're talking about the blizzard store. That doesnt effect how you play the game, doesn't effect anything at all. They're not forcing you to buy it, therefore they are not milking anything. 15x12 = 180 a year. Theirs is $59.99. Wow's playability is much higher than Halos. By playability I mean how long you can actually play the game. Someone who plays Halo:Reach online for one full year for 59.99. And someone who plays WoW for 180 a year, doesn't matter, their paying for what they love to do, and they got the money to do it. There's no reason to have a heart attack for a 10 dollar increase, it's still cheap. And the cards you can get from best buy and gamestop are still the same price, which is the best way to go anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    lol why because it's been 15 bucks a month, from the start, as always? I doubt it. Now if you're talking about the blizzard store. That doesnt effect how you play the game, doesn't effect anything at all. They're not forcing you to buy it, therefore they are not milking anything. 15x12 = 180 a year. Theirs is $59.99. Wow's playability is much higher than Halos. By playability I mean how long you can actually play the game. Someone who plays Halo:Reach online for one full year for 59.99. And someone who plays WoW for 180 a year, doesn't matter, their paying for what they love to do, and they got the money to do it. There's no reason to have a heart attack for a 10 dollar increase, it's still cheap. And the cards you can get from best buy and gamestop are still the same price, which is the best way to go anyway.
    The monthly fee games should just die away.

I am aware that they are companies, and they want to make money. But...

When A company is already making a great deal of money(profit) and then adds additional charges that could be included for what they are already making, it shows that their focus has shifted from customer satisfaction to more profit focus.

The same could be said about XBL assuming the costs to maintain and user base is the same.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-09-14 at 03:42 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    I wish they'd outlaw montly fees... paying for expansions and DLCs is a much better system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    The monthly fee games should just die away.
    I agree but as with LoTRO, there would be little to no way for the company to make back the money ther are putting into the game. It takes more than 1 server to run a realm, and there's well over 100 realms on WoW. An expansion every year would not allow them to do that, there would be less content added, less major patches because they wouldn't have the funds to make new content and still have enough servers to run the realms. And with the price raise, I think it just has to do the release of more games that need more servers to run, including Kinect. I don't like it either, but it's not really that big of a deal.

Both methods can and do work. However DLC can lead to more rushed content. If larger games using DLC dont produce often, they go OOM.(out of money)

I personally like the monthly method. The company knows they have the $$ to keep things going so they can take time to tune things a little more.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing this out there.

People hated how SC2 had facebook right?

Well, the reason for XBL going up in price is they are adding Facebook and Twitter on it.

Not kidding.

And people think Blizzard is money hungry? Ha! Atleast we got facebook for free!

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Just throwing this out there.

People hated how SC2 had facebook right?

Well, the reason for XBL going up in price is they are adding Facebook and Twitter on it.

Not kidding.

And people think Blizzard is money hungry? Ha! Atleast we got facebook for free!
    XBL already has FB and Twitter... they were actually on XBL for quite some time now.. like almost a year to a year