Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Already converted all my lower tier emblems, even the frost ones, to something I could sell on the AH. Hoping that was a better deal than the free gold there

Deleted
    Lower emblems into gold? Time to go and earn me some lower emblems.

So those who have Frost and Triumph stockpiled for the cataclysm release will instantly be pushed over the cap for a level 85 currency? Hmmm. Sounds like some easy level 85 epics to me.

15+ Year Old Account

What?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuralihn View Post
    Finally, my 4000 Venture Coins will do someting!
    WHAT?! Holy mother of God! I think I've earned a total of 50 coins through WotLK!

Won't be easy 85 epics if we got like 5000 points and epic 85 gear costs 30,000 or sometihng

I like the concept a lot, but then again it can also possibly turn into another heroism/valor thing with each new tier bringing new points. Granted I'm pretty sure they learned from that but still its possible. Now unless i missed it, I also wonder if the gear current costs will follow this new paradigm and how, because you do have to consider some people intentionally did not purchase LK and I can see people doing the same thing come cata (why i have no idea, but eh).

Can the Justice Points be stocked and saved up for lvl 85 gear?

Time to start farming BC content methinks

Quote Originally Posted by Vykrn View Post
    They are the lower level of the two new 'emblems' so things similar to items you can currently buy for triumph
    Actually not quite. Justice Points are the WotLK Points.

Come Cataclysm, at level 85, it will be Hero Points and Triumph Points. They won't let us stockpile points in advance to earn new PvE gear from the vendors right when we hit 85 (since you need to be of-level to buy them now).

I'm just wondering what impact they will have to the BoJ stuff back in Shattrath and on Quel'Danas. I realize it's horribly out-dated, but myself and a few guildies are putting together themed outfits (more for fun and looks, so we can look different in Dalaran), so, are farming alot of BoJ right now (Doing Zul'Aman-based troll outfits). Or if this stuff will just become worth pure gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    So start grinding more emblems now? I guess there is a limit, wish I knew what that was, I would hate to store up 500 emblems or something and then the limit(once converted) worked out to be like 100.

EDIT: I guess I should have read to the whole article to explain the soft cap. /facepalm
    Last edited by Zerbe; 2010-09-14 at 04:29 PM.

Will be still be able to buy old items like gems and what not?

Not Stone Keeper Shards! How will we buy those +2000 honor heirlooms now?

"Emblems of Triumph and Emblems of Frost will be converted into Justice Points."

Tine to start farming again!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post
    Is that why the Test dragon sent me some gold on the PTR?
    lol yup , i received 345 Gold here for the badges that I had!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Who has 1200 emblem of frost?
    I would think not many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegofar View Post
    I like the concept a lot, but then again it can also possibly turn into another heroism/valor thing with each new tier bringing new points. Granted I'm pretty sure they learned from that but still its possible. Now unless i missed it, I also wonder if the gear current costs will follow this new paradigm and how, because you do have to consider some people intentionally did not purchase LK and I can see people doing the same thing come cata (why i have no idea, but eh).
    Actually, it won't. They already explained, months ago, that PvE points will work much like how PvP does now.

When a new tier of raiding launches, all current Triumph points will become Hero Points, and the raids that awarded Triumph points will only be the new content, not old content. Daily Random Heroic will still award Triumph points, for the first of the day, much like how Frosts are awarded today.

So, as an example: You got 15,000 Triumph Points from raiding Naxxramas. Ulduar is launched, and your 15,000 Triumph Points, just all turned into Hero Points. You got 0 Triumph Points, and can only earn them in Ulduar now. They will give us warning obviously, so we can spend em beforehand likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    Won't be easy 85 epics if we got like 5000 points and epic 85 gear costs 30,000 or sometihng
    It does state in the post the cap is 4000....so how are we meant to buy gear if items cost 30,000??

Chances are items will cost about the same amount of points(emblems) as they do now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigosa View Post
    lol yup , i received 345 Gold here for the badges that I had!
    And specifically how many badges did you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

On the PTR I got a in game mail for something like 32g. I had roughly 20 BC badges and maybe 40 venture coins so me thinks you are better off farming triumph for gems before patch 4.0 hits and tons of people are looking to switch out their Blizzard enforced Armor Penetration switched gems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Actually not quite. Justice Points are the WotLK Points.

Come Cataclysm, at level 85, it will be Hero Points and Triumph Points. They won't let us stockpile points in advance to earn new PvE gear from the vendors right when we hit 85 (since you need to be of-level to buy them now).

I'm just wondering what impact they will have to the BoJ stuff back in Shattrath and on Quel'Danas. I realize it's horribly out-dated, but myself and a few guildies are putting together themed outfits (more for fun and looks, so we can look different in Dalaran), so, are farming alot of BoJ right now (Doing Zul'Aman-based troll outfits). Or if this stuff will just become worth pure gold.

If you read the blue properly you would have seen the following

One change of note since that original announcement is that we've changed the name of the low-tier PvE currency from Hero Points to Justice Points. The original announcement post has been updated to reflect this.