Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Common sense suggests that you should play now and download it later.
    well at least id be done with it.Im just curious how long it took ppl to download it in general and if it goes faster at a certain % like sometime you can jump from 20% to 70 in less then 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by Neitiry30 View Post
    well at least id be done with it.Im just curious how long it took ppl to download it in general and if it goes faster at a certain % like sometime you can jump from 20% to 70 in less then 5 min.
    The absolute earliest this will go live is Tuesday (or Wednesday if you're in Europe), let it download while you're sleeping and use your Internet connection for real stuff now (playing, or whatever you normally do). Even next patch day is pretty unlikely, they'll probably release more updates to it before it goes live.

The system is way easyer now, haven't checked all stuff but it looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    My issue is that the background downloader no longer seems to want to start up.
    Assuming you're using Windows XP SP3,

Step 1: Go to your WoW directory, delete the background downloader, then use the repair tool to restore it. This will give you an up-to-date version.
    Step 2: Download Internet Explorer 8. This seems to be needed to get it to start up.
    Step 3: Right-click the background downloader, click properties, and enable Windows 98/ME compatibility. This will stop it from throwing a runtime exception.
    Step 4: Restart your machine.
    Step 5: Win.

So 3 patches in the next 2 months? Sounds like a lot going on in here, chief.

Boub may indeed be right. Cata may indeed ship in November.

That won't make it any less broken by shipping it in November. I'm sorry guys there is still A LOT of work to be done,as some of you are going to find out in 2 weeks when this patch lands.

Rugus: Thank you.
    Calaba: Windows 7, but will try it since just deleting, then repairing seemed to have no result.

---------------------------
    Blizzard Background Downloader
    Data for the next patch is not available.
    OK

ehrm... help?

Edit: Deleted BackgroundDownloader.exe and ran Repair.exe. Fixed my problem.
    Last edited by getefix; 2010-09-16 at 04:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nastified perhaps it is indeed you that is Wrong? have you ever thought of that idea? i'm not sure if you work with computers or anything similar but no Patch or expansion is 100% bug free, do you understand this? perhaps accepting that blizzard will make everything work might be a good idea? when have they honestly failed us last? i don't recall anything serious at all. can you?

No one is implying the game should be bug-free, Baygon.

I'm suggesting you should take a ride around the block on beta or even the PTR and have a look for yourself.

Playing the role of Blizzard fanboy is a lot easier than doing what I'm doing now, which is bearing the realistic news to you:

Not quite ready. Getting closer, but NOT QUITE READY.

I'll see you in 2 weeks complaining about how they could have missed the mark.

Where I exchange my emblems for gold? ^^

I just spent the whole morning downloading that thing, and then it finished, I started up wow the the background downloader popped up again....

Quote Originally Posted by Nastified View Post
    No one is implying the game should be bug-free, Baygon.

I'm suggesting you should take a ride around the block on beta or even the PTR and have a look for yourself.

Playing the role of Blizzard fanboy is a lot easier than doing what I'm doing now, which is bearing the realistic news to you:

Not quite ready. Getting closer, but NOT QUITE READY.

I'll see you in 2 weeks complaining about how they could have missed the mark.
    Just because the Beta or PTR still has their issues doesn't mean they can't start streaming updates that are good to go.

And this is assuming you're talking about actual bugs and not game mechanics that bother you, because if it is game mechanics/changes well then get used to it because it is intended.

The beta/PTR are always behind Blizzard's internal builds by a good amount. It's very likely that many of the bugs you are referring to, Nastified, are fixed.

It's not being a Blizzard fanboy to point out the fact that they never release content that they aren't sure is ready. They're perfectionists, perhaps only surpassed by Valve on that front.

Main issue i've seen from playing the beta is the fact there is no item rewards yet from Hillsbrad, Twilight Highlands and Uldum maybe alot of other places aswell but i didn't look into other zones, something like this can be easily implemented they should almost be done by now and for all you know it could come next time a patch for the beta hits.

There was alot of quests missing but if i recall blade's edge wasn't properly done when they released the burning crusade and they patched a fix in.

Long story short once items are put in the GAME CAN ship anytime blizzard wants.

You make things sound more dramatic than they actually are.

QUESTION:

Is the calculation going to be per Blizzards post:

FLOOR ( ( FROST + TRIUMPH ) * 2.75 ) = JP

OR, like BOUB's calculator:

FLOOR( FROST * 2.75 ) + FLOOR( TRIUMPH * 2.75 ) = JP

The reason is because if the fractional portions of both are >= 1 then BOUB's is off by 1 JP.

For example:

1333 FROST * 2.75 = 3665.75 BOUB's would floor this and show you 3665 POINTS

466 TRIUMPH * 2.75 = 1281.5 BOUB's would floor this and show you 1281 POINTS

BOUB's would then show you 4946 POINTS

HOWEVER,

If you did (1333 + 466) * 2.75 = 4947.25 (Because we are adding together the .75 and .50 that BOUB's floored out)

Flooring this would give us 4947 POINTS

SO, WHICH IS RIGHT?

I DO NO WANT TO BE JIPPED OUT OF A JP POINT!

what are the chances that this goes live by tuesday? I have 387 badges to farm till 2500

yep im rich lol

1 MORE QUESTION:

If you did not care about JP and only wanted GOLD, wouldn't it be WAY smarter a move to downgrade all your TRIUMPH down to HEROISM, because you'd get 5.5g gold a piece for those rather than 4g a piece after the second round (for excess of 4K JP) (sell primordials with all frost while you can).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CarnatiaSpiritfield View Post
    I just spent the whole morning downloading that thing, and then it finished, I started up wow the the background downloader popped up again....
    as stated many times by many players the beta build that players are using right now is not the same build the blizzard devs have

Quote Originally Posted by Laurabelle View Post
    SO, WHICH IS RIGHT?

I DO NO WANT TO BE JIPPED OUT OF A JP POINT!
    No one knows for sure except Blizzard as the current version of the PTR did a 1 to 1 conversion.

In the end who cares which is right? 1 point either way isn't going to make a hell of a lot of difference given the prices on the PTR. The calculator provided by this site is a nice tool to do some quick calculations of what you'll end up with. If it is slightly off not a big deal. If Blizzard's formula is what MMO Champion has in their calculator (and not what they stated) are you going to complain that you ended up with 1 or 2 less Justice Points than you were expecting? I think the best case scenario would be that they would say they were sorry for giving false information. I just can't see them going back after the fact to adjust a few points.

In any case Blizzard stated that the formulas they gave were all subject to change. So in the end the amount of Justice Points you end up getting could be much different than the 1 point you seem to be concerned about.