Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    People's patience.
    This is all thats needs to be heard

10+ Year Old Account
    I did a 5-man yesterday and my PTR hasn't crashed once. What are you talking about?

Well if you've ever written a bit of software, you'll know that any form of testing is invaluable. You shouldn't want them to wait for the game to be sufficiently polished before they put it out there - they just want people to get their hands on it and try to break it. It doesn't do any harm by being up on the PTR early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    - All battlegrounds are broken

- No one does 5 mans.

- Raids are impossible to do because of the damage increase.

- the game crashes every five minutes.

And now we're getting the first bit of data from the patch? I'm a little bit scared. Do you think Activision is pressuring them into an early release?
    activision doesn't have as much power over blizzard as everyone thinks. and i think it is just to see what people think about the new talents and such

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Deleted

- No one does 5 mans.

And now we're getting the first bit of data from the patch? I'm a little bit scared. Do you think Activision is pressuring them into an early release?
    What does Activision have to d owith this?

Blizzard take over Activision (stock market) and they made a fusion to a new trademark called Activision Blizzard.

But Blizzard (Vivendi, the owner of Activision Blizzard) has still controll like before over itself.
    Also they announced that both are running independant. There will change nothing.
    Blizzard doesnt controll Activision and vise versa.

They are talking or trade same ideas, or some programmers change from one to the other, but they still work like before the fusion.
    And if not, Vivendi has 52-68% of the stocks, so the owner of blizzard is still the same.

And Blizzard Entertainment is still publishing their games on their own. (SC II published by Blizzard Entertainment). Blizzard is only a part of Activiion BLizzard who works on their own.
    Last edited by mmoc5185dd4624; 2010-09-17 at 01:30 PM.

But the last two expansions didn't have them re-making both Vanilla continents, dungeons, quests, and talent tree progression, on top of putting in new higher level dungeons and zones.

---------- Post added 2010-09-17 at 10:15 AM ----------

And Activision screwed over one of the gaming industry's greatest minds and put his most recent vision in jeopardy.

And did you hear the latest news about Activision? Apparently they're considering putting all of Starcraft 2's cinematica on a dvd and selling it. Talk about a money grab.
    Did you hear Blizzard released a DVD nearly 8 years ago with nothing but cinematics. Shocking isn't it that even before their parent company merged with Activision they were interested in making money. Old news is old. Please troll on the official forums where you'll receive a ban more promptly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Activision is pressuring them into an early release?

First and foremost... the PTR is testing :rollout" of new talents and specs... primarily... does it break the game to log into the new items.

Are hunter's pets still there? Are racials intact? etc.

THEN it's about talent trees and balancing the numbers at 80. Will the game be so out of balance that they need to make adjustments? Will peeps still be able to raid, tank, heal, dps adequately? Do they need to remove the buff in ICC? Etc.

It';s for testing... but peeps see it as a preview opportunity.. and yes it is that as well... but if you ren't posting constructive, informative reports ont he PTR forums.. you aren't helping anything.. you are simply wasting your time and OUR bandwidth.
    Oh and one last thing.. this isn;t going liev next Tuesday.. or the Tuesdy after that... it's several weeks.. will prob only be live for 2 weeks or so before Cataclysm ships....

The balance will be WAY off.. and Blizzard will want peep into leveling mode moving to 85.

"Level 80 is a wreck.. quit gawking and move along to 85... Nothing to see here."

Deleted
    Activision is not the boss of Blizzard. If you have to blame someone, blame Vivendi or Blizzard.

If only there was a Realm where Blizzard could try to emulate a live server environment... maybe if it was Public, so that players could log in an Test things so that the game isn't more hilariously broken than it usually is after a big patch.

- No one does 5 mans.

to fix this?

I've been running around now a bit with my now overpowered hunter on the PTR, can say the finetuning is needed badly. But also a few graphical glitches I found, Frozo hanging in the air, not standing on his carpet. In Icecrown that first area of the 'trench' has those skeletal dragons now flapping around like kolibri's.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    They're testing Cataclysm. Also lolpressure from Activison. Can we have less "omg Activision is ruing the game" threads please?
    also its not activision its vivendi.. this is the last time im gonna say this you idiots. VIVENDI! www.vivendi.com

10+ Year Old Account

- No one does 5 mans.

how is Blizz rushing Cataclyms like are these pple who just foudn out about catacylsm they been testing since april they had so much time to iron stuff out
    like that is what PTR is for to test stuff out. Blizz NEVER i repeat never releases an unfinished project if they feel it aint ready they wont be putting stuff on PTR just relax and why would we do Wrath stuff on a Catacylsm patch just pointless. if you wanna Wrath stuff do it on live servers unless you dont have a geared 80 and just wanna do the end game on PTR like
    lowbies do all time.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2010-09-17 at 03:29 PM.

this ptr is just a taste of cataclysm, on beta we got almost everything and it works absolutely fine... the ptr doesnt count as much as the beta my friend, so dont worry and it aint a rushed release I guerentee you that
    MY BETA INVITE IS OVER 9,000!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorick View Post
    This, on all counts. PTR for stress testing, and Activision only controls marketing decisions. :P
    And you're saying rushing cataclysm, is not a marketing decision?

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    Blizz NEVER i repeat never releases an unfinished project
    Sure. Bnet 2.0 is finished, lol! Its, IMO, more about differences between what they think is ready and what we or someone else thinks is ready.

They are, IMO, testing the stability of game with new stuff with more people on servers, since beta servers arent exactly that much populated from what i saw, since they cant really test damage, healing etc with 80lev chars. Also, its a tease for Cata obviously for people bored with WotLK

Well I guess we will end up getting some stupid nerfs to things that are horrible broken on level 80 but would work perfectly fine on level 85. Thats what happened the last time and will probably happen again, thats what the PTR is for though .

To be honest I think they just wanted to promote their cataclysm stuff, the actual testing of completly broken things on the ptr could have been done ages ago in beta or on a hastily set up dev realm. The fact that the problem with raids beeing impossible to play right now, was discovered months ago in beta. They could have fixed it by now but they either chose not to, which is quite insulting tbh, or they just forgot it, which is quite embarassing.

The only thing they can test right now is how many bugs can you produce by shattering something working into a thousand tiny pieces, picking up only half of them and throwing them on the PTRs. I wonder what they hope to acomplish with it, because the actual patch will be diffrent, so why test something that is not what you get in the end anyway ?
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    PS. Activision doesn't control Blizzard.
    theres no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the oposite
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

15+ Year Old Account

- No one does 5 mans.

Implying both beta and PTR builds are final version of game.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3