Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, and why not remove mounts too while were at it! It fixes lazyness because ppl have to walk all the way to the raid!

No, srsly. Thats the most ridiculous idea ive ever head, thanks for the laugh!

Deleted
    remove yourself from this game

you are pretty much mistaken - blizzard is going with a more casual game, not a hardcore one/

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So by your definition... Inconvenient and time consuming = hardcore?
    it's not. but.. you are one of the problems the OP has in target. please tell me, who in your raid has the inconvenient and time consuming duty to fly to the port stone or instance, to port your lazy ass with meeting stones and warlock portals?! the "problem" are always the people who rely on others to get the job done.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by teo1234 View Post
    Wooooow i have to waste 10 more minutes to get to my instance that's so hardcore!
    Let's have a /slityourveins next that'd realy be hardcore!
    you see?!
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2010-09-18 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyce View Post
    Looks like it, but the LFD System especially has taken the "World" out of World of Warcraft. My friend leveled a Paladin from 15-80 without leaving Orgrimmar. And even at 80, can be summoned anywhere. I mean, you might as well remove all the landscape, and just put an entrance to every dungeon in Dalaran.
    That's pretty much your friends choice. If he wish to see the entire world then he can easily choose so, nobody stops him. But if he doesn't then he ofc just use the dungeon finder. It's a choice to make. I myself is freaking bored of going through every zone on my alts, it tires me up now as I have seen everything 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    I really hope Blizzard can remove the Meeting Stones and the Warlock Summon spell. And here's my reasons for that:

-It fixes laziness: People who really want to do the raid or instance, have to get there themselves. As soon as you are invited, you should start making your way there, and not lurk in a city, where you most likely saw the guy spamming trade for that ICC raid...

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore: Blizzard have hinted towards are more hardcore friendly game in the entire beta. The boss encounters are harder, more sophisticated mechanics and it takes longer to complete the dungeon. Why not remove any carebear way of getting there? It seems like a false safety if you can get there with no effort and then get hammered by the encounters.

-Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.

-Exploration: If you have to fly to the encounter, you get to see more of the world. And while you fly, you can alt-tab and look up some strategies on the encounter.
    meeting stones where in vanilla and they helped you find members for the instance

the words you're looking for are ''Summoning Stones''

And no,with the LFG and insta-tele to the instance it would discourage people into not pugging

well meeting stones might stay in game but they should be used to Q up for dungeon and only for one it is standing by.

Warlock summons are fine or it wuld be GG if you needed to replice someone but this LFG tool is just lame..

I have to agree with almost everyone else in that the Meeting Stones and LFD button are awesome addition to WoW. I full-on love not needing to use the LFG channel and having groups assembled automatically, and without spending time travelling to the instance. It doesn't ruin the game anymore than flying spaceships with aliens did.

Without sounding too cliché, I used to raid pre-meeting stones, back when Molten Core was the only hardcore dungeon (before BWL) and it took around 30 minutes just to arrange getting into the instance itself. Then you'd spend another 4 hours in there. Sure it felt 'hardcore' but it just wasn't fun after the first run. Plus warlocks weren't entirely the happiest of people, being used as a free teleport.

WoW always has been aimed at being more casual than most MMO's, hence the no EXP loss on death etc. Removing something to make the game feel more 'hardcore' is absurd, especially when casual players like myself that use LFD/Meeting Stones feel they're a very welcome addition to the game, as it puts the focus on actually enjoying the dungeon instead of wasting the 1 hour of play time we have getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    meeting stones where in vanilla and they helped you find members for the instance

the words you're looking for are ''Summoning Stones''
    Meeting/Summoning stones are the same as far as I recall, and they came out half-way through vanilla. They weren't around on release which caused warlocks to be used and brought along to instances for one reason, which they didn't entirely enjoy. Summoning 20 people for an instance through one warlock with 3 people helping was an awful waste of time.
    Last edited by thisisapen; 2010-09-18 at 12:15 PM.

All I know is that Naxx 25 would've been a pain for pugs back in 3.0 without warlocks

Deleted
    I suggest we remove mounts, and instead opt to use a similiar system. Because of the cataclysm, every single character starts out with a broken spine, and so is completely paralyzed from the waist down. This means you need to get by with only your arms for movement, reducing movement speed by 90% of normal running speed. At 60, you can pay a fee of 5000 gold for a bitchin' Drek'thar brand wheelchair, increasing your speed to 50% of normal running speed.

Oh yeah, and they should rework all the terrain so you're always going uphill. Always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Original Poster is a leetard. Summoning stones are actually useful other than lazy people. OH and im one of those people who actually fly and go to the raid area myself if no one summons me jerkface. So F off

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know a way to make it even more hardcore-friendly! Let's remove all hearthing capabilities! No hearthstone, no astral recall, no mage ports, no scroll of recall, no Kirin Tor rings! And hey, we all know the REAL hardcore players travel everywhere by foot! Let's remove all ground mounts and all flying mounts too! Get your character into shape by making him/her run everywhere!

My guild just docks 250 dkp if we have to summon you to the raid because if you haven't finished what you were doing come raid time you deserve to lose out. Since we get 25 dkp per boss everyone is always on time. The only time we summon is when we switch people in from the waitlist.

What I usually do to the people that ask for summons is I let them die as soon as I can during the raid, and as often as I can on trash. Whether it be when I raid heal I forget about the guy or when I play on my hunter I'll MD a mob on him but I'll let my tank know what I'm doing. Most tanks will laugh at the idea and play along with it.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

Deleted
    Ah, we finally got the 10th member of our raid, oh, wait, he's 25 minutes away from our instance, let's waste our time waiting for him while we could have just summoned him and started the raid, we're sooooo skilled at this game.

Do you really consider yourself a good player because you have enough skill to alt-tab post on mmoc, watch tv or take a nap while waiting for someone ?

I hope the OP gets cancer of the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    I really hope Blizzard can remove the Meeting Stones and the Warlock Summon spell. And here's my reasons for that:

-It fixes laziness: People who really want to do the raid or instance, have to get there themselves. As soon as you are invited, you should start making your way there, and not lurk in a city, where you most likely saw the guy spamming trade for that ICC raid...

-Symbolizes the return of hardcore: Blizzard have hinted towards are more hardcore friendly game in the entire beta. The boss encounters are harder, more sophisticated mechanics and it takes longer to complete the dungeon. Why not remove any carebear way of getting there? It seems like a false safety if you can get there with no effort and then get hammered by the encounters.

-Sufficient Lore reasons: Deathwing's return shattered the ley lines of the summoning stones to a point of no use. Warlocks can not create the Summoning Stones as well because they operated on the same ley lines.

-Exploration: If you have to fly to the encounter, you get to see more of the world. And while you fly, you can alt-tab and look up some strategies on the encounter.
    No... just no...

Why would you want to remove that?.. Sure first and 2nd time you run through it its exciting, but after 10 times doing the same zones and flight paths, you get bored and feel like you waste your time.

Its not like people wont go out and see the world in Cata, since its new to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
    Remove mounts kkplxthx.
    I bet OP would also be overjoyed if they would remove all running and instead force the character to walk, since thats HARDCORE.

That Dungeon Finder is "pretty handy", but it's really bad fort the games spirit for the players.

Grind few months for emblems with using that silly system that will group you up with 50% of jackass ninjas and people who leaves after 1 wipe or just can't handle stress, and you know the rest yadayadya.. After you get those emblems for the gear they make new ones and the same story all over again. Seriously they made the World of Warcraft a game filled with lazy teleporting, grinding emblems with people who doesn't give a shit how they act with others since they allways gets away with it. It's really hard to get new in-game-friends in this game as you did before that system came up. I mean like in the years 2005-2008. And even tho you get along with some people in dungeons you might not ever get into instances with them again.

/sad panda, lol

Anyway, my two tired sents about it and I know I'm not the only one. Carry on and sorry for the OT.