Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    You can choose to accept that Garrosh in no way shape or form had any responsibility in Cairne's death. Thats your call. I think however dueling a old Tauren in a fight may have sped up the effects of the poison. Some of the blame still falls on Garrosh's shoulders

No one is trying to spread lies around here, that is a funstastic fact
    If I remember correctly, Cairne had challenged Garrosh to an honorable duel, if anything it's Cairnes own fault for wanting to duel somebody at his age. Knowing Garrosh, he wouldn't back down from a duel.. Now we can argue about this all night, or you can accept the fact that it was Magathas doing and Garrosh is innocent as he had not known that Cairne was poisoned.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2010-09-22 at 02:07 PM.

Did anyone eles notice Garrosh was wearing the Manaroth Armor?
    I know it's just PTR and the pre-event but its kinda weird seeming wear that armor and then going outside and looking at Manaroth with his Tusks still there.
    (Spelling of Manaroth?)
    Other then that, It's awesome to see Garrosh in game

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Thrall returns after his gap year at the Maelstrom

Thrall: So Garrosh, how's the Horde doing?

Garrosh: Uhhhh, well Cairne is dead. Sylvanas is corrupting everything within 100 miles of herself and Vol'jin has threatened to murder me..... soooooo pretty good

Thrall: What about Lor'thremar?

Garrosh: Who?
    lmfao

Garrosh rocks. Slowly but steadily he is developed into a major wow character. This is evolution.

Deleted
    "Watch your clever mouth, Bitch!"
    -Garrosh Hellscream

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 04:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    lmfao
    Oh just reminded me of Boom de Yada wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Where is Cairne? Is he with Sylvanas and Lor'themar?
    I suspect that the idea is that it happens quickly. The forces return from Northrend (since Garrosh is there), and the clutists and tremors start. So Thrall convenes a quick meeting with the people who are there (Vol'jin and Eitrigg). Cairne, Sylvanas and Lor'themar do not have time to get there as Thrall is leaving quickly. (I guess they didn't have a mage handy for a quick portal or the bastard was charging too much)

On a related note - on the start as a goblin, did anyone notice that when you reach Durotar there are mobs called 'Kor'kron Loyalist'. And the quest message when you give Garrosh the SI:7 insignia? To me, there is an implication there that Garrosh arranged the SI:7 attack. Quotes from the quests:

<The Kor'kron loyalist> opens the package, palming one object while reading a letter from within. As he finishes the note from Thrall, the barest hint of a fanged smile appears on his face.

You are to take this directly to Warchief Hellscream inside Orgrimmar. Make certain that Garrosh knows that it is from Thrall.

Take my battleworg. Hurry, little goblin, there is no time to waste for this message!
    Thrall had you deliver this?

<The Warchief takes a step back, visibly shaken and pale.>

I understand the meaning of this all too well, goblin.

Deleted
    It will be like:
    Cairn goes in
    -I desafiate you garrosh!!!
    Garrosh go to talk with Saurfy
    -Bro i'm desafiat'd

10+ Year Old Account
    On a related note - on the start as a goblin, did anyone notice that when you reach Durotar there are mobs called 'Kor'kron Loyalist'. And the quest message when you give Garrosh the SI:7 insignia? To me, there is an implication there that Garrosh arranged the SI:7attack. Quotes from the quests:
    I think he was just a little disturbed that the assassin's guild of his most hated enemy could get to the most important person in his organization. But eh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post

I agree but I'm sure during this duel physical blows were dealt. A old poisoned bull would be in no position to take licks from Garrosh

Do we have photo's of the conversation that sets Cairne off enough to challenge him?
    1) Cairne challenges Garrosh for leadership of the Horde, if Garrosh had denied the duel he would have lost all his credibility in Orc society, Garrosh did not murder or even kill Cairne since it was not a duel to the death and Cairne dies from Magatha's poisoning

2) The most likley cause is that Cairne does not see Garrosh as having legitimately become Warchief, there were no representatives of Thunder Bluff in Grommash Hold during the appointment so it is perfectly logical that Cairne sees Garrosh as Warchief as unjustified since his appointment was only agreed upon by 2/5 races of the Horde (technically 3, the BE ambassador is there in the back but she says nothing)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Garrosh is behaving because he doesn't want Thrall to change his mind. From the way they've phrased things, it seems like Thrall and Garrosh discussed Garrosh's appointment in private several times before this "public" meeting. I'm not entirely convinced Garrosh didn't suggest Thrall should go to Nagrand in the first place. "You should go look after the elements before we all die, Thrall. Its your responsibility, you know... You know you waaaant to. I won't hurt anything I promise. *angel halo*"

As for the advisers, Eitrigg is lvl20 and does nothing, ever, not to mention hes an Orc and will probably support Garrosh 100% on everything. Hes... not important. I'm not clear at all on why he is listed as an adviser. You'd think Saurfang would be listed instead.

Yes, Vol'jin threatens to kill Garrosh "from the shadows". After Garrosh is an asshole. Garrosh's assholeness starts in this conversation, and Garrosh continues to be a jerk to Vol'jin up until even after the Cataclysm, which leads to Vol'jin and the Trolls completely pulling out of Orgimmar (most hadn't yet because the Echo Islands are still 'under construction'). Go read the conversation, its on MMO somewhere. I too would threaten Garrosh.

Yes, Cairne dies, however it isn't entirely Garrosh's fault. Cairne and Garrosh duel, Cairne dies from a combination of Megatha's poison and the excertion of a duel at his age. Yes, its totally convenient for Garrosh, just like Vol'Jin pulling out of Orgimmar and Thrall needing to go and look after the elements.

As for SI:7, I'm not sure what to think of it. In my honest opinion, I think Garrosh was trying to make sure Thrall's "I'll be gone maybe even a month!!" turns into a "and he was never seen again" thus making Garrosh permanent warchief. He'd never have to give the reigns back to Thrall if Thrall happened to die. Remember: Garrosh already tried to duel Thrall to the death for warchief. It was interupted by the Scourge.

Out of all of this, though, one thing is for sure: Garrosh is still a dick. Hes just turning out to be a manipulative, smarter dick than we gave him credit for.
    Last edited by Oneirophobia; 2010-09-22 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Thrall returns after his gap year at the Maelstrom

Thrall: So Garrosh, how's the Horde doing?

Garrosh: Uhhhh, well Cairne is dead. Sylvanas is corrupting everything within 100 miles of herself and Vol'jin has threatened to murder me..... soooooo pretty good

Thrall: What about Lor'thremar?

I cannot overstate my satisfaction. Have some cake.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music View Post
    What happened to Saurfang.
    He doesn't waste his time with menial tasks like PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by azalu View Post
    thrall returns after his gap year at the maelstrom

thrall: So garrosh, how's the horde doing?

Garrosh: Uhhhh, well cairne is dead. Sylvanas is corrupting everything within 100 miles of herself and vol'jin has threatened to murder me..... Soooooo pretty good

thrall: What about lor'thremar?

lmao

If I was one of the Horde leaders this is what would happen:

Garrosh: "I am honored, Warchief. But I feel umprepared for the life of a rule"
    Me: coughbullshitcough. My apologies warchief, overlord Garrosh's selfless modesty left me a little choked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I'm pretty sure Garrosh is behaving because he doesn't want Thrall to change his mind. From the way they've phrased things, it seems like Thrall and Garrosh discussed Garrosh's appointment in private several times before this "public" meeting. I'm not entirely convinced Garrosh didn't suggest Thrall should go to Nagrand in the first place. "You should go look after the elements before we all die, Thrall. Its your responsibility, you know... You know you waaaant to. I won't hurt anything I promise. *angel halo*"

As for the advisers, Eitrigg is lvl20 and does nothing, ever, not to mention hes an Orc and will probably support Garrosh 100% on everything. Hes... not important. I'm not clear at all on why he is listed as an adviser. You'd think Saurfang would be listed instead.

Yes, Vol'jin threatens to kill Garrosh "from the shadows". After Garrosh is an asshole. Garrosh's assholeness starts in this conversation, and Garrosh continues to be a jerk to Vol'jin up until even after the Cataclysm, which leads to Vol'jin and the Trolls completely pulling out of Orgimmar (most hadn't yet because the Echo Islands are still 'under construction'). Go read the conversation, its on MMO somewhere. I too would threaten Garrosh.

Yes, Cairne dies, however it isn't entirely Garrosh's fault. Cairne and Garrosh duel, Cairne dies from a combination of Megatha's poison and the excertion of a duel at his age. Yes, its totally convenient for Garrosh, just like Vol'Jin pulling out of Orgimmar and Thrall needing to go and look after the elements.

As for SI:7, I'm not sure what to think of it. In my honest opinion, I think Garrosh was trying to make sure Thrall's "I'll be gone maybe even a month!!" turns into a "and he was never seen again" thus making Garrosh permanent warchief. He'd never have to give the reigns back to Thrall if Thrall happened to die. Remember: Garrosh already tried to duel Thrall to the death for warchief. It was interupted by the Scourge.

Out of all of this, though, one thing is for sure: Garrosh is still a dick. Hes just turning out to be a manipulative, smarter dick than we gave him credit for.
    You know nothing about Lore, Eitrigg is a fairly well known lore character. Notice how the Garrosh/Vol'Jin dialogue starts with "Don't Talk back to me troll" hmm I wonder what Vol'Jin said to start that. Also your honest opinion is wrong, because even if Garrosh did want Thrall out of the picture, well just take a look at him, he wouldn't even consider working with the alliance to make that happen, it was more of a "oh...our enemies assassin's managed to kidnap Thrall....THRALL of all people"

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    There, since many of you wouldn't have taken a look at the thread, this is why Garrosh's personality Changes.
    garrosh is still imature... that's why his personality "changes"... it's like a kid who sees his father beating his mother and goes violent, than his dear hot teacher tells him that violence is wrong and he calms down...

though I'll never like garrosh... that nagrand chain quest is enough to give me a life long hatred towards him... come on, I save your people and you KICK the offerings I brought you (which were willingly given by your former enemy)??? he was just obnoxiously crybaby-ish...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I'm pretty sure Garrosh is behaving because he doesn't want Thrall to change his mind. From the way they've phrased things, it seems like Thrall and Garrosh discussed Garrosh's appointment in private several times before this "public" meeting.
    While you might have a point... when has Garrosh ever been the kind of person who chooses to be discrete instead of saying what he feels? He certainly hasn't cared about telling off Thrall throughout WotLK. It is much more likely that the character's relationship with Thrall is more complex than friend or rival. Its more likely that Garrosh genuinely means what he says rather than being some deceptive master manipulator that he's never been described as.

Eitrigg has been a leading adviser in the Warchief's court for most of the new Horde's existence.

Yes, Cairne dies, however it isn't entirely Garrosh's fault.
    Try "not at all Garrosh's fault". Lol, Cairne gets poisoned by tauren insurgents who have been plotting their sh*t since before Garrosh joined the Horde, and people still try to pin blame on Garrosh for being an unwitting, innocent part of it. If it had been Garrosh who challenged Cairne to the duel, that might have a leg to stand on, but its the other way around.

Yes, its totally convenient for Garrosh, just like Vol'Jin pulling out of Orgimmar and Thrall needing to go and look after the elements.
    I don't see how being framed for the death of one of the Horde's most important leaders in the middle of an apocalypse-war combo meal is much convenient for a guy who has just come into office. Nor do I see how its convenient to have one of your vassals withdraw his support from you and threaten to kill you in the middle of said apocalypse-war combo meal.

Remember: Garrosh already tried to duel Thrall to the death for warchief. It was interupted by the Scourge.
    Incorrect. The duel they fought in Orgrimmar was a simple duel fought over an insult (which, according to the comics, Thrall used to bait Garrosh). At no point was it ever even implied that it is a duel to the death. At no point was it specified as being a duel for the position of Warchief.
    Last edited by Sarog; 2010-09-22 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    to see garrosh use such an .... deceitful aproach...
    first i thought garrosh was this doomhammer guy just in the next generation. very fast-forward thinking, strong, persistent, proud and honest guy, who would not tolerate dishonorable actions by anybody, himself and his servants.... but now

i am... disturbed...

and if he told everyone his true feelings... well i´m even more disturbed!
    it would be ok, if this happened at the end of the expansion (lore-wise) or even in the next one after he had to admit, that he did things horribly wrong and such...
    but this is the beginning
    Last edited by mmoc2d85b01ba0; 2010-09-22 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know nothing about Lore, Eitrigg is a fairly well known lore character. Notice how the Garrosh/Vol'Jin dialogue starts with "Don't Talk back to me troll" hmm I wonder what Vol'Jin said to start that. Also your honest opinion is wrong, because even if Garrosh did want Thrall out of the picture, well just take a look at him, he wouldn't even consider working with the alliance to make that happen, it was more of a "oh...our enemies assassin's managed to kidnap Thrall....THRALL of all people"
    Eitrigg is a fairly well known lore character.
    That wasn't being disputed.
    I said he does nothing.
    Name one thing hes done since Vanilla WoW came out. Give quests? I suppose there could be behind the scenes involvement at best.

Notice how the Garrosh/Vol'Jin dialogue starts with "Don't Talk back to me troll" hmm I wonder what Vol'Jin said to start that.
    Completely irrelevent. Thats to established the fighting has continued since the dialogue that this thread is based around has happened. Garrosh has already started being a dick when he says, in the screenshots above,
    "'Our' success? Troll, you played no part in the Horde's success in Northrend. While I led armies against the Lich King, you merely took back a few scattered islands." That is called being a dick. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure there were Trolls in Northrend fighting. For Garrosh to undermine the Trolls' assistance is just assinine.
    The dialogue in which Garrosh says "Don't talk back to me Troll" happens after this.
    The bad blood between Garrosh has been growing when Vol'jin is talking back. Its not started by Vol'jin by any means.
    Also your honest opinion is wrong, because even if Garrosh did want Thrall out of the picture, well just take a look at him, he wouldn't even consider working with the alliance to make that happen, it was more of a "oh...our enemies assassin's managed to kidnap Thrall....THRALL of all people"
    He didn't have to work with them. He didn't even have to go near them. All he has to do is let the information of Thrall's whereabouts fall into their understanding, and boom, Thrall is at jeopardy.
    " <The Kor'kron loyalist> opens the package, palming one object while reading a letter from within. As he finishes the note from Thrall, the barest hint of a fanged smile appears on his face."
    After reading this, Garrosh's reaction to Thrall's letter seems like more of a "...They rescued him.. I hope to God he doesn't know I caused this." Than a "Holy crap they captured Thrall of all people (even though I have prior experience dueling Thrall and would have easily won if not for the Scourge interaction and therefore, as a sterotypical Orc (don't say he isn't. If you're going to contest that, I'll use what you used for the 'working with alliance' issue and say "DURR WELL JUST LOOK AT HIM!") would consider Thrall weak, not that he didn't before, because Thrall is friendly towards Jaina, a human.) how about that amigad humans are scarylol!"
    Really now.
    You know nothing about Lore
    And you know nothing about reading comprehension, logic, plot progression, or reading between the lines. Are you really naive enough to just accept that Garrosh changed seemingly overnight into this genuine, caring and mature individual?
    I don't expect you understand anything I've said, seeing as you have a quote from Garrosh, a fan club for Garrosh, and Orcs are clearly your favourite race. In short, you're a frothing Garrosh fanboy who is trying to find the silverlining on an otherwise musty and sullied dinner plate.