Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

LK 10man hc 4th world 10man strict kill

On September 26th, LK 10 hc was killed.

This was done by the guild Unspoken of Mazrigos EU - and is the world 4th kill on the 10man strict charts (charts can be found on guildox.com)

We realise 10man strict is getting alot of hate from all the 25man raiders out there saying its really easy to raid 10man - and this is not intended to be a discussion thread of the topic whether its hard or not.

What we want people to realise is that we are only 10 active raiders in our guild - so options for alternate raidsetups are limited, at the same time gear has been a major issue, as drops really havnt played to our advantage (we waited months, litterally, on a whispered fang skull for example)

For those interested, here is our setup and a quick recap of how we did it.

Prot warrior, Prot pala

Disc priest, Resto druid

Fire mage, Ele shaman, MM hunter

Frost DK, UH DK, Retri pala

We had been fighting for progress on this boss for ages, had more than 150 wipes - using a slightly different setup (the resto druid on his destro lock, and retri pala as holy) - but we realised our best odds of getting him down before cataclysm would be to mix it up and hope for the best. Turns out that after only 5 tries we got further than ever, the druid proved himself awesome in healing situations where he had to move, where we had previously wiped due to the pala not being able to push out enough healing.

Also we had to look alot on expertise for our warrior tank, he had major issues with getting hit 3-4 times within 2.5sec - each hit beeing for 28k+ (and keep in mind he's 10man geared so only about 75k hp) - so we figured him getting more expertise for less parries (which resets swing timer) was a really good choice, and we found the perfect balance where he wasnt getting smashed with double hits, and didnt have such a low hp pool that soul reapers was deadly beyond compare.

The first two phases is really where we wiped the most, double enrage on horror's, movement issues for healers due to defile's or valkyrs.

however when we mixed it up and brought the resto druid we eliminated the movement issue, and the Horror issue was sorted simply by addtank grabbing less ghouls.

So we had phase 1 and 2 under control pretty fast - now we just had to learn some cooldown rotation and where to move etc in phase 3 - and then - Ventrilo explosion : )

Big congratulations to my fellow guildies, and a thumbs up for a job well done - they say it cant be done with 3 melee, but who cares

<Unspoken> Mazrigos EU

Entro, Bane of the fallen king

15+ Year Old Account
    Good job. I was hoping to get there myself, but no such luck. Haters prolly gonna hate, but who cares.

Major congratulations!

My guild is also stricly 10m, but we haven't quite gotten to your point. We have seen and wiped on H 10m LK, but our tratiorous resto druid (mostly joking, we still love him... sort of) server transferred about a week ago now, so we seem to be SoL.

Granted, we were having some issues because we lack a hunter or rogue... had the pally glyph for Holy Wrath and stunned the enrages... were running Disc/reso druid; prot pally/ prot war; frost DK, fury war, boomkin, fire mage, ele sham, shady priest. Didn't ever quite manage it, though.

Great to see that you all pulled it off.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2010-09-28 at 07:57 AM.

Deleted
    Even though its a 4th kill, you explained it well and put some effort into it, as opposed to "lol we killed it, say gratz to us".

I wish I could convince people in my guild to do more lk10hc runs, we never even seem to try.

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    try Disc priest
    .... did you miss the part where the comps listed by both I and the OP who actually got the boss included a Disc priest...?

Hi, I just got world 3192231st kill on marrowgar 10 man in my 10 man strict guild.

Grats btw.

:S

(postcount: 2)

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats guys!

I may be a bit of a noob when it comes to these things, but what does "a strict" kill mean?
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Hi, I just got world 3192231st kill on marrowgar 10 man in my 10 man strict guild.

Grats btw.

AWWWW YEAAAHHHHH
    I'm aiming for 13371337th, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Grats guys!

I may be a bit of a noob when it comes to these things, but what does "a strict" kill mean?
    Generally, a 'strict 10m kill' is done only with gear available in 10m/10m H content. Nothing from 25m ICC or 25m RS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post

Grats btw.

(postcount: 2)
    gz for beeing a troll /shooo

About the OP gz mate i belong on a 25 man hc guild and 10 guildies killed it and since then none of them goes (And to think i am the MT and was sick for 2-3 days) same goes for HC Hallion 10 man we did it once and never went there again! I really wish u luck for that also!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Deleted
    Grats, very good job. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein View Post
    gz for beeing a troll /shooo

About the OP gz mate i belong on a 25 man hc guild and 10 guildies killed it and since then none of them goes (And to think i am the MT and was sick for 2-3 days) same goes for HC Hallion 10 man we did it once and never went there again! I really wish u luck for that also!
    How is that trolling. Can't I post my world 3192231st kill? No grats for that?

Deleted
    Maybe just maybe if you have goten a holy pala and a bear tank you could have 10 sthoted it when the 30% buff was out

Also this is god dam raid EU FIRST KILL , not to mentionate that about 1k guilds killed him already and few dozens of pugs but you got a 4th "10 man strict" kill , maybe if you have goten the 1st that would be worth to hear but this.. nothing to be braging about srsly..
    Last edited by mmoc3c59a3d181; 2010-09-28 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    Maybe just maybe if you have goten a holy pala and a bear tank you could have 10 sthoted it when the 30% buff was out

We actually have both available - however we still had lots of issues with holy pala movement, due to tanks beeing 2shot since they are only 10man geared.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    'We will compete with the likes of Paragon'

Best 10 man strict quote of all time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrokera View Post
    We actually have both available - however we still had lots of issues with holy pala movement, due to tanks beeing 2shot since they are only 10man geared.
    Well i heal 2 off spec tanks guy on the fight that still have TOC gear and i dont find myself haveing any problem healing them , considering that for a holy pala you can still get HL "haste caped" in 10 man gear just by sacrificeing some crit/mp5 and the amount healed by HL is chanced by about 2k i still dont see the point useing a resto just if the tanks were really bad at moveing / poping cd of you had no coordonation to pop a PS/DS now and then.

With 30% it's really not that impressive. Wasn't world 1st at 0%? 10man strict gear is not 30% worse.

Grats on getting it down though.

Not to rain on your parade, but people don't really care about shit like this.

Posting that you're a 'strict 10man guild' doesn't really mean a whole lot. I'm not sure if you actually know what the gear-quality difference is between 10man heroic and 25man normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Korvax View Post
    With 30% it's really not that impressive. Wasn't world 1st at 0%? 10man strict gear is not 30% worse.

Grats on getting it down though.
    This. Big grats on the kill.... But please, stop posting stuff like this in the EU/US first section. It's not special... At all.