Thread: PvP Servers

PvP Servers

Do you think Blizzard is doing enough in cataclysm to bring back the PvP on PvP-Servers?

After everything that has happened the last years with things like the dungeon finder, flying mounts, less farm spots in the world, world pvp objectives with no rewards that nobody cares about and people choosing to play on PvP servers whining about getting killed out in the world I really don't see much difference in playing on a PvE or PvP server anymore. There was a reason to choose a PvP server and thats because you wanted the fear of meeting the opposite faction at any time and you might get ganked or in turn gank him. You knew that big fights might brake out between guilds gathering for raids outside instances and when choosing to play on a PvP server you should be fine with this and not complain.
    People who wanted to PvE, raid, quest and level up their toons without these problems seemed to forget that they can choose other servers that are made for just that...

Should they make more world pvp objectives and with good rewards?
    Give more honor for kills out in the world?
    More outdoor farming spots?

What solutions can be made at this state?

Would it be possible to make a few hardcore servers where stuff like dungeon finder does not work?

Are there any other ideas?

Remove flying mounts and ability to port into the dungeon with dungeon finder from PvP realms, that should do it. Not that there's any chance of it's happening of course. Anything else just doesn't work. Every time I try to kill someone, they just mount up, stealth or some other shit. I could finish Icecrown daily quest that requires 15 kills in few months instead of one day. It's daily, right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    Remove flying mounts and ability to port into the dungeon with dungeon finder from PvP realms, that should do it. Not that there's any chance of it's happening of course. Anything else just doesn't work. Every time I try to kill someone, they just mount up, stealth or some other shit. I could finish Icecrown daily quest that requires 15 kills in few months instead of one day. It's daily, right.
    EHM! i remeber seeing a blue post (cant remeber what the fk it was called)but it said with the dugeon tool system in cata you will have to find the dungeon BEFORE you can Que for it, so i guess at the sart of cataclysm, there will be a little more world pvp.

There's always a little world pvp going at the start of expansion. Because a load of people grind quests and they can't instantly fly there as far as I know. But over time, it disappears completely.

And having to get to the dungeon ONCE doesn't really solve anything either. It's just one time thing.

Deleted
    well to have a tight daily questing place will help a bit, then people who want their money has to get into the fire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagfire View Post
    well to have a tight daily questing place will help a bit, then people who want their money has to get into the fire
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to tol barad. Daily quest hub: check. No flying: check. Contested territory: check. (this last bit should be obvious but there is an unfortunate precedent of a sanctuary daily quest hub)

Another place to look forward to is blackrock mountain. There's going to be a new raid instance in there, isn't it? So people will have to go there. It's an awesome place for pvp, full of chokepoints and no flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage View Post
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to tol barad. Daily quest hub: check. No flying: check. Contested territory: check. (this last bit should be obvious but there is an unfortunate precedent of a sanctuary daily quest hub)

Another place to look forward to is blackrock mountain. There's going to be a new raid instance in there, isn't it? So people will have to go there. It's an awesome place for pvp, full of chokepoints and no flying.
    Indeed, I too am hoping for new pvp action in BRM. Hope it will be somewhat like the old days

Well all realms are going to have a Tol Barad >_> How does this motivate world pvp differently on a PVP realm vs a PVE realm.

Since the whole idea of Cata is that the world is in turmoil and significant political upheavals are taking place can't we have the "war" in warcraft referenced in more than just flavor text for quests? I like BGS as much as the next guy, and rated bgs sound fun, but they're not exactly world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Svenny View Post
    Do you think Blizzard is doing enough in cataclysm to bring back the PvP on PvP-Servers?

After everything that has happened the last years with things like the dungeon finder, flying mounts, less farm spots in the world, world pvp objectives with no rewards that nobody cares about and people choosing to play on PvP servers whining about getting killed out in the world I really don't see much difference in playing on a PvE or PvP server anymore. There was a reason to choose a PvP server and thats because you wanted the fear of meeting the opposite faction at any time and you might get ganked or in turn gank him. You knew that big fights might brake out between guilds gathering for raids outside instances and when choosing to play on a PvP server you should be fine with this and not complain.
    People who wanted to PvE, raid, quest and level up their toons without these problems seemed to forget that they can choose other servers that are made for just that...

Should they make more world pvp objectives and with good rewards?
    Give more honor for kills out in the world?
    More outdoor farming spots?

What solutions can be made at this state?

Would it be possible to make a few hardcore servers where stuff like dungeon finder does not work?

Are there any other ideas?
    I... I think I love you :3
    Paladins fight for the light, and all that is good. Druids fight for elune, their god. Shamans fight to protect the elements, and restore peace to the world.

Warriors? they fight because you pissed them off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenny View Post
    Indeed, I too am hoping for new pvp action in BRM. Hope it will be somewhat like the old days
    I just checked on the beta: flying is allowed inside of BRM. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckage View Post
    I just checked on the beta: flying is allowed inside of BRM. Sigh.
    OMG, that just hurts me so much :s