Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    You still need 80% i think guild members for dungeons/raids for it to count towards guild experience on completion, 40 man raids i think are getting classed as 10 mans so 8 guildies needed for the achievements to complete. I could be wrong though but I know for TBC heroic we needed at least 4 guildies for the guild to benefit from it and recieve xp.

Oh and on our Heroic Ramparts run we were recieving around 130 guild rep per boss kill too.
    my understanding is that guild rep and experience are currently 5x what it will be when live.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to have 5 people in an instance for it to be considered a group. 4/5 people will give you a little "guild run" flag where the heroic flag is, up by the minimap.

Was on beta last night with a big guild and they needed me to jump in to their party, because they only had 3 people and the kills weren't counting as "guild run" kills.

It may be subject to change, but it seems like you can't solo an instance and have it be a guild run.

Edit

that doesn't mean you can't solo level a guild, but it'll really slow you down
    Last edited by Elrin; 2010-10-08 at 07:58 PM. Reason: hurf durf

This is like the third time I've seen someone asking something like this. I think what people in this position are forgetting is that WoW, for better AND worse, is a social game. There are things which are being instituted which just won't work as a solo experience.

Frankly I do understand the drive to want to solo it, as I'm very much an independent player despite being in an active guild. I have alts of almost every profession so I can be self-sufficient when it comes to gems, inscriptions, enchants, etc.

That said, I definitely acknowledge that the game is DESIGNED to be played with other people. You aren't going to solo an end game raid alone (or at least not realistically) and the same goes for the guild leveling system. It is designed for groups so really you need to realize that to take advantage of it you will need to find a good home.

Now that said, why on earth would a guild dump you? That sounds strange and leads me to believe the OP might have other issues... I've never been kicked from a guild. I feel like someone who is irrationally thinking they are going to get kicked is probably not easy to play with. OR this poster has been considering letting people in his guild to level it only to kick them out again later once he has the achievements he wants so he can have his 1 person guild again. Either way, I don't see why the worry?

Quote Originally Posted by kanzei View Post
    My guess is, based on what I've read, if it takes 6 months for a large guild to reach level 25, it would take you 150 months alone.
    Lol not more huh?:P Thats really a looooooong time

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder... I have a guild for some of my alts, that's 3 80's and some random lvls, a lot of professions too.
    I wonder if I can make it big alone :P

Quote Originally Posted by kanzei View Post
    my understanding is that guild rep and experience are currently 5x what it will be when live.
    Aye on Beta currently everythings been increased 5x what normal will be still if you take the 130 rep per boss on an outland heroic thats what roughly 25 guild rep per boss at level 85?

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    You still need 80% i think guild members for dungeons/raids for it to count towards guild experience on completion
    this