Poll: What do you think of clicking in PvP?

Page 1 of 31
... LastLast

Why use keybinds?

How often did i see some threads where they say ''Hyuk hyuk u dont use keybindz then ur a n00b!!!111!1!!''

WOW... i've been PvPing with my enhance shaman and some other characters for a while like an arcane mage, a fury/arms warrior, and a shadow priest. I often top out the charts, and when i try arena i win most of the games... and never... never have i used a single keybind.

I use AWSD keys to move, and i click on my abilities with my mouse, i think i have like... 2 or 3 macros

I guess i'm just tired of those elitists saying keybinds are a MUST and if you don't use them you're a noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't mouse turn effectively while clicking.

/thread

15+ Year Old Account
    whatever helps you sleep at night OP

Faster reaction times, frees up the mouse for mouse-turning.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to click. I realized how horribly inefficient I was being with my buttonz, bound shit, and got a lot better.

If you want to be the best you can be, you bind keys. If you're content being mediocre, click.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    You can't mouse turn effectively while clicking.

/thread
    agreed. also, u have 5 fingers on ur keyboard at any given time, while u only have 1 mouse pointer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between keybinding and clicking is about a half a second, its not a ton but clicking is still slower. I'd suggest trying keybindings if you suck with them (some of the WoW population is better clicking) then go back. I personally use a combination so that I don't accidently use an ability via keybindings, for example Pain Suppression, Blessing of Salvation, Aspect of the Pack, anything that pressing accidentally will cause a wipe.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no debating it at all, it is an incontrovertible fact that clicking results in slower reaction time to in-game events and overall poorer play than with keybinds.

Stop sucking, OP.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj View Post
    There's no debating it at all, it is an incontrovertible fact that clicking results in slower reaction time to in-game events and overall poorer play than with keybinds.

Stop sucking, OP.
    That is a perfect example of ignorance, in some cases people are faster clicking (for example people with one finger and extremely poor memory).

have you tried keybinds? maybe that'd give you a good idea.
    ideally keybinds just allow you to be looking at your environment while still doing abilities. also, keybinds typically are faster than mousing over every ability and clicking it. the time hovering between abilities adds up quickly. sorry if i sound illiterate i'm typing between bg deaths

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    People can definitely get by clicking, but I'm sure almost everybody who clicks could improve by using keybinds.

Ohhh then that may explain why i get pwn'd all the time... oh wait... that's not my case.

If you feel more confortable with keybinds... go for it
    If you feel more confortable with clicking... then go that way

On my part, i'm so used at how my abilities are placed on my screen that i almost insta-click them when i need them.

...but then it might be depressing for keybinds users to get pwn'd by a clicker after all their effort they put into planning out their keybinds... so i may understand their frustration

10+ Year Old Account
    I never used them until I got my Razer Naga Now I cannot live without using the buttons I keybinded to the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    that is a perfect example of ignorance, in some cases people are faster clicking (for example people with one finger and extremely poor memory).
    rofl

i don't use keybinds both because I don't know how they work, and the little I know sounds awful. far too much "whoops I just accidentally wasted a 30 minute cooldown I bound to the mousewheel. shoot"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

As someone who used to click and then learned to keybind, it really is more efficient to keybind and use the mouse to turn and run. I saw a serious increase in my dps (almost 1k) and was able to react faster to movement.

I'm not one of the mousewheel keybinders, but I do have all of my main abilities bound to 1-0.

You don't have to keybind, but it is far more efficient.

Looking down at your actionbar rather than was is going on is bad
    being able to get that clutch wind shear off if the difference between winning and losing
    you turn way slower most people will be able to run circles around you

also justifying clicking is ok/better than keybinding is just wrong and you are deluding yourself so you dont have to put on your bigboy pants and learn to keybind
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
    How often did i see some threads where they say ''Hyuk hyuk u dont use keybindz then ur a n00b!!!111!1!!''

WOW... i've been PvPing with my enhance shaman and some other characters for a while like an arcane mage, a fury/arms warrior, and a shadow priest. I often top out the charts, and when i try arena i win most of the games... and never... never have i used a single keybind.

I use AWSD keys to move, and i click on my abilities with my mouse, i think i have like... 2 or 3 macros

I guess i'm just tired of those elitists saying keybinds are a MUST and if you don't use them you're a noob.
    Nobody says you have to and not everybody feels comfortable playing with bindings. The reason people use bindings is the fact that binding your abilities helps in just about every scenario.
    Aside from that, topping charts means nothing if it's not helping to win the game or if you have terrible allies and winning arena matches means nothing if you're in a low bracket
    New and shiny compppppp!

OP, link armory so we can see your ratings, and your BG statistics.

They aren't that good, are they? And there's an obvious reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    That is a perfect example of ignorance, in some cases people are faster clicking (for example people with one finger and extremely poor memory).
    well you'd have to click faster than hit a keybind and also know where you need to click at all times to be able to watch your environment simultaneously