Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by godwolfpak View Post
    After reading about these 1000 person guilds it just scares me that the days of having guilds of 10 friends is going to fall away to server sized guild lvling machines
    rly?

i expect to see More smaller sized guild in Cata

Damn, that camel mount has some janky teeth - but it's still awesome! I can't wait to have them.

Also - they keep talking about wanting us to use all of our mounts now by scaling up their speeds to the highest level and whatnot...yet I hear NO mention of whether or not we'll actually be able to use our AQ bugs. Seriously, whether you farmed them back in vanilla or took the time in BC or LK to get them - they just sit there, uselessly...and furthermore - aren't the AQs being removed? I'd be kinda pissed if they took out the ONLY places you could actually ride them.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow..no..I mean...c'mon. 310% mounts are either raid or pvp related, meaning ppl had to put at least SOME form of effort and skill into it - and if you didn't raid, there was (and is) still that holiday proto, which takes amost zero skill just a bit of dedication. And if your character is under a year old - it still only takes 4 hours to do all Ulduar 10 achieves. There ireally is no excuse and time is no excuse. This sounds like "I have no time to raid 3 days a week but should still have full T10"

If you cannot be arsed to get a 310% drake either way..then yes...you pay that 2k..a ridiculously small amount of gold anyhow....
    2k?
    Last time i checked it was 5k, and that's still dirt cheap comparing it to the time, money (because flasks, foodbuffs and repairs are not free the last time i checked) and effort we had to put into it.

They should put a real price tag onto it for the people that really want that.
    The difference is not so great so it's a pure e-peen thing, and that should be gotten thru raiding achievements, doing hihg end pvp, putting in a lot of dedication (that purple thing) or just be absurdly expensive.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I expected, multiple people were confused about the wording used to describe TCPAckFrequency as a "hack".

Regardless, it was irresponsible to word the news post this way, and disrespectful to the authors who have helped so many people with TCPAckFrequency changes. It's understandable to quote blues verbatim even when they're wrong, but you shouldn't quote the non-blue poster's question verbatim if it's extremely misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    Okay, I'm still pissed off about the 310% flying speed thing. I'm sorry, but do I really have to pay extra money to make my mounts fly a little faster just because I haven't managed to get a 310% mount? Seems unfair to me.

If only they'd made the Red Proto-Drake a 310% mount like everyone says it should be, then I would have my flying speed already but, no, because it's not and I can't manage to grab a 310% mount before Cataclysm, I'm just going to have to pay extra money whereas everyone else doesn't.

If it's not too much (Around 1-2k.) then I'll be less annoyed, but if it's going to cost me around the same price that it did to get me my epic flying then I'm going to be really angry. It just doesn't seem fair to me at all that if you've already got one of these mounts then you get the damn thing absolutely free.
    You're probably one of those people that sat there on the WoW forums and cried ceaselessly that "I CAN'T RAID (/sniffle) BUT I WANT EPIC LOOOOOTZ! WAAAAAHH WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" Or perhaps one of those cats that had major beef w/ the fact that Druids never had to pay for base flight and we got it 2 levels before everyone else did (back before they changed flight lvl to 68).

You think that the 310% flight speed is absolutely free to those that will have it come Cata?? LMAO!!!! What rock do you live under? I got my 310% flight by doing Ulduar 10 runs OVER and OVER...and then think of all the cats that did the ICC HEROIC and reg achievements to get their drakes (which i'm in the process of completing this weekend)...Take all that TIME, and ALL of the money people spent on food/flasks/reagents and REPAIRS. That certainly DOES NOT add up to being free in ANY way.

If you're too lazy to farm some gold or do some raiding before Cata comes out then you DO NOT DESERVE THE SPEED INCREASE. If ppl like you had it their way, all epic loot would be given away for free just because it has to be "fair for everyone" and not be a REWARD for playing the game.

/scoff

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Watch the video "How To Do Top DPS in WoW" on YouTube. Basically Blizzard is nerfing what is being described in that video.

In short, setting it to 0 will screw you royally. The ideal setting is exactly as they describe (about your latency). Currently live assumes around 400ms for everyone and starts allowing actions 400ms before GCD. Obviously this much more beneficial for people under 400ms, and this is how low-ping bastards do a ton more DPS with the same gear than everyone else.

There is also an undetectable GCD exploit out there that allows you to reduce your GCD to 1s or 0s. It's been out there for years, especially in Arena and in high-stakes raiding. So Blizzard has been tuning content for people using a 0ms GCD. Now you know why H-LK 25 had to be so hard.

I like how you know so little that you call it an "exploit"

Muffins makes some great videos!

It's really stupid how they are changing tanking to where you CAN'T be the best, you CAN'T hold a lot of mobs. You're just suppose to not be good, the DPS is suppose to take damage from large groups. You get penalized for not using CC? What happens when you severly out-gear the encounters? Are you going to be scaled back to the mobs and still not be able to breeze through easy content?

From everything they say, they just don't want tanks to be the deciding factor in an encounter, they want heals and massive DPS survivability to be the most important thing. In that case, I bet we'll see a lot more DPS tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see why people have to put their videos with information in them to SUCH SHITTY MUSIC. Ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    The camel animations are pretty good. Especially the spitball I'd love to sic on my enemies. >:)

I'm glad to learn that Blizzard has upped the guild membership limit to 1,000. While there are no guilds on my server (US-Malfurion) that come anywhere close to that limit, I have heard of a few servers that do have guilds over -- the originally planned hardcap -- 600 characters. Sounds like a pretty good compromise to me.

What leaves me wondering is the adjustable latence tolerance thingie, but that's what I have my oldest brother for. :P

Quote Originally Posted by godwolfpak View Post
    After reading about these 1000 person guilds it just scares me that the days of having guilds of 10 friends is going to fall away to server sized guild lvling machines
    I understand where you're coming from, but let's try looking at it from a different perspective. To the best of my knowledge, guilds that are 500+ constitute only a small fraction out of the total. How will the introduction of guild leveling be so drastic as to change that? While inevitably some may join a larger guild to get the perks sooner, many more will just stick with being where they are because the perks aren't worth giving up being with friends and/or tolerating jerks.

I know it may seem a little strange, but frankly I don't have time to do the achievements and whatnot for the 310% mounts. The easiest one for me to get would be the Violet Proto-Drake, but my main character has only been my main for around three months, so I've only got two of the titles so far. I still have a while to go. Plus I haven't been playing for as long as many other players will have.

I know that I won't have to buy this flying skill, but I will eventually want to, plus what will happen to the achievement mounts we currently have that give 310% riding skill? My biggest concern is really how much this extra flying will cost.
    Having a 310% mount was originally only to be had in raiding back in TBC. With WotLK, it became easier to obtain a 310% mount by doing certain raid achievements instead of only hoping for an incredibly rare drop. In addition to that, Blizzard was nice enough to give a way to obtain a 310% mount outside of raiding (but would justifiably take longer to complete).

So when I hear what seems to me to be whining, yes, I shake my head. I have the holiday mount and I know how tedious it was to get. Anyone remember how people were having a problem with the Be Mine! from 2009's Love is in the Air event? Even with the retroactive change by Blizzard, I still didn't get the title (neither did Aliok) and so instead of getting the proto-drake by December, I had to wait until the next valentine event. Did I gripe to Aliok and mentally smack Blizzard with an Acme mallet? I sure did. Did I forget that I was lucky in that I knew that I would eventually get a 310% mount? No, and I finally got it in February.

Right now, Blizzard is planning on going further with allowing a player to buy 310% speed for 5k gold. In Cataclysm (not that it isn't already in WotLK), that is chump change. If for some reason you can't even reach that threshold, then you don't deserve to get 310% speed. It's not like 280% is bad, anyway.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2010-10-09 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Left out a word by accident, which made a sentence sound wierd.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Okay, nevermind, no one understood my point here. Never should have posted it in the first place, should've known it would've only been read by idiots.

Edit: Apart from Alayea. You have a point, and yes, that achievement was a b*tch. Tried to do it on my DK back when my main (Hunter.) didn't even exist. And no, 280% isn't bad. I quite like it, I'm content with keeping it. And I can reach that much, considering I've just over 7k right now and know how to earn my own gold. I don't think people should pay 5k for it, though.
    Last edited by mmocc5c312fa0d; 2010-10-09 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the mount training, I'm not sure why anyone is complaining. I've gotten a few 310% mounts on one of my toons, and none on the rest. I'll probably never shell out the 5k gold for 310% on the latter, because to be perfectly honest that ~7-8% boost in speed does not significantly impact my ability to enjoy the game.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Kalsam View Post
    Actually, they care a lot, but one of the problems with game animation is that you MUST have a pre-action to every action.

Think of it this way; if you throw your arm in the air, it's basically just forward and up to you, right?
    But, if you do that for a game character, their shoulder will go haywire and it'll look butchered. So for the game character, they need to move the arm back FIRST, then forward and up.

It's weird, but ask any animation student. I spent 2 yrs doing that in college. Believe me, that camel walk is really good, and if you look close, the two legs on each side ARE in motion at the same time, the pre-action just sets them slightly apart. ^-^
    If you have to move an arm back before you can throw it up in the air, it's because you have not skinned your shoulders properly and thus cannot model natural motion. The camel walk is very good. Unless I am seriously misinterpreting your post, I feel I can safely assert that this "pre-action" explanation is total BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, nevermind, no one understood my point here. Never should have posted it in the first place, should've known it would've only been read by idiots.

Edit: Apart from Alayea. You have a point, and yes, that achievement was a b*tch. Tried to do it on my DK back when my main (Hunter.) didn't even exist. And no, 280% isn't bad. I quite like it, I'm content with keeping it. And I can reach that much, considering I've just over 7k right now and know how to earn my own gold. I don't think people should pay 5k for it, though.
    Nice overgeneralization that further reinforces why people disagreed with you. Your playstyle must involve a supercasual style for you to only have 7k gold. So I will say I am one of those "idiots" who thinks that the large price for premium flying is a justified. It literally takes 3 hours and a decent group of alts to complete ALL of the ulduar 10 achievments. If you can't devote that much time to saving 5k gold..then I don't think there is anything you would be happy with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrelliana View Post
    Your playstyle must involve a supercasual style for you to only have 7k gold.
    The most gold I've ever earned at one point is around 9k. I'm so sorry that I'm not like the rest of the players of the game who all seem to be able to reach the gold cap with ease. Sorry for having a 'supercasual' playstyle and not being able to or wanting to play the game 6-12 hours a day or more.

You say nobody is understanding your point, but I disagree. Based on all your posts it seems that you do not feel it is fair that people who have not put in the effort required to obtain a 310% speed mount should be able to acquire, for free, the same benefit that those who have done so enjoy now.

It is a simple truth, in game or otherwise, that those who put in more effort receive rewards faster. Or are able to attain things that those who either cannot or will not devote the same amount of effort are unable to attain. Remember that up to this point, because you say that you do not have the time required to raid, you would not have had any option to get a 310% mount besides the holiday meta-achievement. Even then, before Cataclysm, you would have been limited to only that one mount. And yet when Blizzard provides a means by which you can acquire the faster speed, in fact on ANY flying mount you own instead of being limited, by "only" paying for it, you complain. And before this comes up, the fact that WoW is a game does not mean that things should simply be given to you without requiring any effort on your part.

Blizzard makes it easier, especially for people with limited playtime, and yet you complain. I am sorry if people do not agree with you. But telling those that do not agree with you that they did not understand your point just makes you look like a self-entitled whiner.

By your logic, every person who gets a drivers license should be given a Ferrari. Sorry, but the world just does not work like that and you are in for a long life of disappointment if you feel that it should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    By your logic, every person who gets a drivers license should be given a Ferrari. Sorry, but the world just does not work like that and you are in for a long life of disappointment if you feel that it should.
    ... I'm going to be dead honest here, but that in itself kind of made me see something that maybe I didn't before. Yes, the ferrari thing kinda cleared things up for me. Sounds silly but that was apparently a nice example.

I'll admit now that I was wrong (However 'wrong' an opinion can be.) because when I look back at my original post it does indeed seem like I'm whining. I might've been able to write that out a little better if it wasn't just after I'd woken up when I'd written it.

You're right, now I think about it, all of the current 310% mounts in game are either achievement mounts based on raids or mounts that have very low drop rates. (Like the Onyxian Drake.) People have to work hard for those mounts, or get extremely lucky. So by making the mount speed 'buyable' it's actually making things easier to us. I should've seen that before really, as Blizzard are good at just making things easier. Thanks for clearing that up, and sorry.

Give me a camel, one of the coolest mounts in the game imo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K0tY View Post
    LoL, Camel movement annimations ARE SO MUCH FAIL. I liked the idea about Camel mounts, but now i regret it...
    +1 though it would be cooler but tahts just lol

It looks to me that those "camels" only have one bump... or is there two under the "armor"?
    If there's only one bump, it's a dromedary, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    It looks to me that those "camels" only have one bump... or is there two under the "armor"?
    If there's only one bump, it's a dromedary, no?
    You are indeed correct!