Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzur View Post
    lol they went from 1 hour break to 2 hours rofl.....

Blizzard making progress on making people rage.

Since 12 AM.... come on this is not rocket science...
    Then you go do it.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    =( WTB Sleep, good ol' patch day never fails to extend maintenance hehe =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    Their news post should look more like this.

We failed at our jobs, which we are paid to do, yet again. We are extending maint yet again by another 2 hours. In 1 hour and 45 minutes we will come back to let you know that were are still overpaid monkeys and will give another delay.

-Blizzard
    Yet you still pay these "monkeys". Irony crits you for 50,000.

We failed at our jobs, which we are paid to do, yet again. We are extending maint yet again by another 2 hours. In 1 hour and 45 minutes we will come back to let you know that were are still overpaid monkeys and will give another delay.

-Blizzard
    You pathetic little kids, you crack me up.

12 million players, billions of dollars each year. Our money is well spent, clearly.

EDIT: All the Blizzard fanboys will say "this is hard, you're just ragin, or you are still paying for it, etc" But the point is still there regardless.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2010-10-12 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzur View Post
    lol they went from 1 hour break to 2 hours rofl.....

Blizzard making progress on making people rage.

Since 12 AM.... come on this is not rocket science...
    It would be rocket science for you, quiet down.

-Blizzard
    Really?

Unless you work on an MMO and know exactly what is involved with updating hundreds of servers simultaneously with a major patch that alters damn near every system in the game, AND can say with certainty exactly how long it will take to complete this task no matter what previously unforeseen issues pop up, please don't insult the professionals whose job it is to do this. Just like most who hold down a job, especially a service job, they take pride in what they do and probably aren't paid enough for it. Bashing something you know absolutely nothing about just makes you look like a tool, anyway.

I would rather they keep extending the estimated time and have the servers stable when they do come up. And at least we get an estimate here. Every time there is a beta patch all we hear is "We have no ETA on the completion of maintenance." It could be 15 minutes, or it could be 2 days. We never know until the servers come back up.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    yet you still pay these "monkeys". Irony crits you for 50,000.
    it's over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Really?

Unless you work on an MMO and know exactly what is involved with updating hundreds of servers simultaneously with a major patch that alters damn near every system in the game, AND can say with certainty exactly how long it will take to complete this task no matter what previously unforeseen issues pop up, please don't insult the professionals whose job it is to do this. Just like most who hold down a job, especially a service job, they take pride in what they do and probably aren't paid enough for it. Bashing something you know absolutely nothing about just makes you look like a tool, anyway.

I would rather they keep extending the estimated time and have the servers stable when they do come up. And at least we get an estimate here. Every time there is a beta patch all we hear is "We have no ETA on the completion of maintenance." It could be 15 minutes, or it could be 2 days. We never know until the servers come back up.
    I'd prefer them just saying "We predict 24 hours maintenance for the size of this patch." and then I can call it a day and stop having hope, they toss you the biscuit and then swipe it away by doing this, it gets aggravating.

EU downtime no change, ^^"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Boub has gone too big on the font too soon.

I hate to think how big the text will be on those delayed updates when we hit midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Really?

Bolded for extra lulz and irony.

EDIT: TL;DR, he called the guy a tool for raging, when he is defending Blizzards ludicrous delays like every other "tool" fanboy.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2010-10-12 at 09:13 PM.

It would be rocket science for you, quiet down.
    Yeah, "rocket science". Having 2% extra hardware so they can load a full backup off of a high-pop server and test the upgrade process on real data... and then have some foggy idea how long the process will take, perhaps even streamline and automate it.

But, since WoW addicts have PROVEN over the years that they won't cancel subscriptions over this kind of gross idiocy, why would they spend the money?

In the real IT world, a single episode like this would result in pink slips for all responsible. Instead, the pack of useless poop-slinging monkeys that Blizz jokingly refers to as a technical staff are slurping their energy drinks and laughing their asses off that after years and years and years of patch-day botches, last minute maintenance "extensions", server crashes, bugs that never get fixed ("You are not in a guild", anyone?), etc... The addicts are still whining for their fix.

God, I hope the new Star Wars MMO doesn't suck.

I love patch day. Sitting here at work, reading all the nerd-raging cause they cant play. Especially all the WTLK newbies that honestly thought they would play patch day at all. From those of use who have done this 2 times before, here is what will happen.

The servers will come up around 5pm PDT, everyone will try and log in, if your one of the 10% that dont get frozen at the char retrieval screen, you'll be stuck loading your UI for 5min due to lag. Soon as you get 1 point away from finishing your talents, the server will crash.

Those of us who are veterans will be LoL at all the nerd-raging post your making. we might try and log in tomorrow, but will regret it when we do.
    Im just here till SWTOR launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to a pre-expansion patch, why can't Blizzard just declare an 18-hour maintenance? It'd save them from needing to post an update and lower the amount of whining.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    12 million players, billions of dollars each year. Our money is well spent, clearly.

EDIT: All the Blizzard fanboys will say "this is hard, you're just ragin, or you are still paying for it, etc" But the point is still there regardless.
    Actually the point is you agree to the EULA and Terms of Use after every patch. And honestly, is this your first patch day ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post

you obviously know what you are talking about... do you really think Blizzard gets $179,880,000.00 in profit a month? They have to pay for servers, bandwidth, employees and much more every month. 238 US Servers + 109 EU Servers + Some Oceanic Servers + the Bandwidth for each of those + the employees to maintain the servers and software on all those boxes = a shit ton of money. I would be surprised if Blizzard only gets like 5% if that of actual profit a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Yeah, "rocket science". Having 2% extra hardware so they can load a full backup off of a high-pop server and test the upgrade process on real data... and then have some foggy idea how long the process will take, perhaps even streamline and automate it.

But, since WoW addicts have PROVEN over the years that they won't cancel subscriptions over this kind of gross idiocy, why would they spend the money?

In the real IT world, a single episode like this would result in pink slips for all responsible. Instead, the pack of useless poop-slinging monkeys that Blizz jokingly refers to as a technical staff are slurping their energy drinks and laughing their asses off that after years and years and years of patch-day botches, last minute maintenance "extensions", server crashes, bugs that never get fixed ("You are not in a guild", anyone?), etc... The addicts are still whining for their fix.

God, I hope the new Star Wars MMO doesn't suck.
    I wouldn't go that far but the latest note about them migrating their internal tools along with the patch being part of the problem *screams* "Who the hell thought for an instant that was a good idea?". Admittedly, some of those tools may very well be necessary to deal with changes in how they manage data. Either way, that should have been done during the extended maintenance 2 weeks ago, tested with something minor last week during regular downtime, and a non-issue on a day when they *know* there are going to be a thousand and one unforeseen problems.

problems at US servers, they will learn from it I hope and EU will have no problem tomorow :P

Quote Originally Posted by SKLR View Post
    Actually the point is you agree to the EULA and Terms of Use after every patch. And honestly, is this your first patch day ?
    Hey buddy, by all means then, continue to pay Blizzard royalties they don't deserve due to their shoddy practices. Blizzard is a bunch of money grubbers, this was proven when they sided with Activision. I'm not raging, I'm stating cold hard facts, but hey. Continue to fail at being a smartass.

On another note, Blizzard had a fantastic product and still does, that's why people pay. That's also why patch day will continue to be disastrous, because as someone else said, why fix whats broken when people will still pay for total crap, and they can make money off it.

If people like you want to take this as "rage", then you really need help. I personally couldn't care less. Patch day makes for a hilarious MMO-Champion rage day.

Davep, just reading what you said hurt my head from the sheer stupidity of it. If I don't know what I'm talking about, you certainly don't either.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2010-10-12 at 09:24 PM.