Thread: Shockadins?

Shockadins?

unfortunately i didnt recieve a beta key for cata. Ive been looking into the talent trees though, especially the holy paladin. Those of you who are in the good graces of blizzard, are shockadins any good in cata? the talent trees seem to show a huge increase in the damage of holy shock and excorcism while maintaining survivability. is this anywhere near correct or am i blowing smoke out my ass?

Deleted
    Will probably be more viable for pvp than ret is atm!

Deleted
    I don't advocate shockadin but here you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98On-dQCx4w
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y90sWBdzQFA

Personally i would rather see holy heal and Ret DPS in PVP.

I said that too, when making my holy spec for my pally yesterday. My boyfriend mentioned that those DPS-sounding talents are intended for PvP. Sadly, I agree, because if they intended for shockadin or smite-priest specs, they would have included something in the masteries for these two specs for increased DPS.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post

this^^
    i think holy has too much survivability. to be able to let them dps as much as a disc priest or resto druid in pvp is not fair.

Deleted

if this stays the same in cata at 85, i guess holy power generation for holy will be nerfed.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon View Post
    My boyfriend mentioned that those DPS-sounding talents are intended for PvP.
    well i think they did this because resilience now doesnt protect from mana burns of mana drains. and blizz has also said that mana conservation is now going to be much more intense than it was in wotlk.

Damn that looks fun. I want to try that
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

What bag addon is that o:

That's some awesome shockadin action. In fact, this to me is what a Paladin should be. Holy warrior, Mace and Shield, and flinging holy magic aorund like there is no tomorrow!

Deleted
    omg, neverending mana :-D

In that second video of the holy(?) pally, his duel with the frost mage was pretty crazy. The mage did enough dmg to kill him 4 times over lol. Just wonderin, due to my complete lack of pally knowledge, how the hell was he healing himself for so much for the entire duel without casting any healing spells? It was like random 5-6k heals were poppin up for no reason lol
    Last edited by rockallnite; 2010-10-15 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rockallnite View Post
    In that second video of the holy(?) pally, his duel with the frost mage was pretty crazy. The mage did enough dmg to kill him 4 times over lol. Just wonderin, due to my complete lack of pally knowledge, how the hell was he healing himself for so much for the entire duel without casting any healing spells? It was like random 5-6k heals were poppin up for no reason lol
    That is the Paladin heal called "Word of Glory" an instant heal that uses holy power to heal the paladin, the more charges the stronger the heal. Charges are generated by a variety of ways depending on your talent these including:
    Using Crusader Strike/Holy Shock/ healing the beacon target.

Holy have an additional talent that allows the generation of Holy Power every time the take a direct hit, but this effect can only occur once every 2 seconds.

Other talents that provide a boost are:
    Protector of the Innocent - This talent will act like a second beacon on the paladin if the paladin heals anyone including himself with a direct heal, the Protector of the Innocent will also heal the paladin for 3/4K.

Also Eternal Glory talent allows you to have a chance of word of glory not using holy power by upto 30% at 2 talent points.

---

But all this is irrelevant if you can lock out the paladin you can kill him/her. Simple as that. Its all about spell lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to have Shockadin viable in Cata. I played one in LK for about a month and did decent. Stacked SP gems and int <.< Talk about some major HS dmg. Was fun being able to attack and heal the ppl around me when they needed it, and never running out of mana. If Shockadin's are back in Cata, I'm being one w/o a doubt.

That is the Paladin heal called "Word of Glory" an instant heal that uses holy power to heal the paladin, the more charges the stronger the heal. Charges are generated by a variety of ways depending on your talent these including:
    Using Crusader Strike/Holy Shock/ healing the beacon target.

Holy have an additional talent that allows the generation of Holy Power every time the take a direct hit, but this effect can only occur once every 2 seconds.

Other talents that provide a boost are:
    Protector of the Innocent - This talent will act like a second beacon on the paladin if the paladin heals anyone including himself with a direct heal, the Protector of the Innocent will also heal the paladin for 3/4K.

Also Eternal Glory talent allows you to have a chance of word of glory not using holy power by upto 30% at 2 talent points.

---

But all this is irrelevant if you can lock out the paladin you can kill him/her. Simple as that. Its all about spell lock.
    Ah thanks, makes sense now.

More like excorcismdin, being able to spam those excorsims without a cd, and then heal back to full with a 0.5 second holy light cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    More like excorcismdin, being able to spam those excorsims without a cd, and then heal back to full with a 0.5 second holy light cast.
    If its not talented it will oom you really fast.

I ran around in BGs with a shockadin spec today (lvl 76) , was great fun and really recommend it to anyone doing some leveling

15+ Year Old Account
    It's viable in PvP, but not PvE.

I mean in PvE it's about as viable as a Resto Shaman spamming Lightning Bolt. Can you do a lot of damage with it? Sure. Can you do competitive raid-level damage with it? No. A ret paladin will destroy you in DPS.

Unlike in Vanilla, where you could burst people down as a Shockadin, in Cataclysm it is going to be about surviving using WoG.
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-10-19 at 04:54 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Imo Holy pal is broken atm at 80 a lot and hopefully it wont be the same at 85. Crazy instants, crazy heals, more damage then they should have.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 06:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    If its not talented it will oom you really fast.
    OOM or not it doesnt matter, WoG doesnt cost mana and heals a lot