Deleted

Last minute advice

Upgrading to a 5770, my local pc store charge £150 for the card and £20 for fitting, i can get a 5770 online cheaper, question im asking is
    1) Which is better and is it worth it and why: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/189286 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/239210 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/189741
    2) My brother knows how to FIT a graphics card, but nothing about drivers, what do i do after ive fit the new card

15+ Year Old Account
    you dont "fit" a graphics card, you pull the old one out and put the new one in, just make sure you do it carefully. the only thing you need to do to remove / insert:

1. remove power connectors (if the card has any), usually located on the back of the card (towards the front of the computer)
    2. unscrew the card from the rear of the case (or un-clip the quick-mount system so the card is free)
    3. push/pull the clip behind the card on the rear (towards the front of the case) of the slot the card is inserted in. this is just there to help keep the card in the slot. you must hold/push this clip while removing the card
    4. be gentle when removing, but it does take a bit of force to get the card out

5. to insert, do steps in reverse

www.google.com search for 5770 drivers. dont install the drivers that come with the video card, get the latest ones offline. the computer will function fine (display-wise) without drivers so you can get them after you install the card

edit: by "you dont fit a card" i mean the shop is ripping you off with fancy terminology and making it sound more difficult than it is
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    What about the above cards? Which is the best and for what reason, what benefits will i get from having 1 over the other etc, and is it really worth paying a little extra?

The sapphire card with vapor-x has heat pipe cooling where the other 2 cards have heat sink fan cooling.

The 5770 is not a hot card so the advanced cooling on the vapor-x card is only really useful if you have concerns with heat in the case or want a higher over clock.

My last 2 cards have been xfx cards so I would consider that brand to be preferential to me. The only card that is "better" than the others is the vapor-x card with the reasons being marginal for most users.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

15+ Year Old Account
    performance-wise you wont notice a difference between the cards.

i personally like sapphire because my gpu is sapphire and i've had 0 problems with it. before that i had visiontek. all-in-all, get whatever one you think looks coolest and is from a decent manufacturer (sapphire and xfx are both good manufacturers)
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Ok so i've decided to buy http://www.ebuyer.com/product/189741 - my brother will do the fitting for me (in terms of taking out the old, putting in the new) so, after that, i plug in and what? Is there a specific site i need to go on for the drivers? Could you possibley link the driver i would need for the Sapphire HD 5770 please? Id just rather have everything cemented down so when i get the card (tommorow) ill be able to reference MMO champion

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 09:43 PM ----------

Also, im not sure, does an ATI 5450 use a 6 pin power lead? Im not sure, ive done some research about the sapphire 5770, and it uses a 6pin power lead, however, im failing to find anything about the 5450 and what power lead it uses - any light on this would be appreciated.

Getting the driver is quite simple for an ATI product. All you need to do is go to www AMD. com (add a period and remove spaces) and on the right hand side of the home page are several drop down menus that allow you to select your card's model and operating system and from there it will direct you to the driver download page.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nejji View Post
    Getting the driver is quite simple for an ATI product. All you need to do is go to www AMD. com (add a period and remove spaces) and on the right hand side of the home page are several drop down menus that allow you to select your card's model and operating system and from there it will direct you to the driver download page.
    http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...n-win7-64.aspx - Im guessing thats the correct page, all simple upto that point but got to that and mind=blown :S

15+ Year Old Account
    all you need is the display driver from the individual components

you need to check your current graphics card to see if it has a 6-pin power connector, and if it doesnt check if your PSU has an extra one somewhere