Thread: PC Build

Deleted

PC Build

Well im thinking of getting a new PC and would like to know if the speccs below will be able to pull raids in ultra graphics and really smooth gaming

Sorry the site is in Greek but you can see the Mhz etc just fine

CPU: plaisio.gr/Computers/Hardware/CPU/Intel-Quad-Core-8400-S775-2-66Ghz-B-BX80580Q8400.htm

Motherboard: plaisio.gr/Computers/Hardware/Motherboards/Asus-P5E3-Deluxe-Wifi-S775-Ddr3-X38-90-MBB707-G0EAY00Z.htm

Ram: plaisio.gr/Computers/Hardware/RAM/Kingston-Ddr3-2Gb-Dimm-1066Mhz-KVR1066D3N7-2G.htm
    Graphics Card: plaisio.gr/Computers/Hardware/SVGA/Sparkle-Pci-Ex-9500Gt-1Gb-SF-PX95GT1024U2-HP.htm

I will be using Windows XP

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    It should run fine, but on Ultra with good fps in raiding... Think you're gonna get some hickups during certain fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Proshitmon View Post
    Well im thinking of getting a new PC and would like to know if the speccs below will be able to pull raids in ultra graphics and really smooth gaming
    No you wont.

All those parts are 2 years old minimum, except WinXP which is nearly 10 years old.

If you want smooth gaming, buying stuff manufactured in 2010 is good starting point.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

To run wow well you need something with an i5/i7 or Phenom II quad core processor, 4 gb of ram and midrange discreet video.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Deleted
    Atleast I said it in a semi-optimistic way :-)

However his point is very true. Personally I do think it'll be fine, however you're not getting away with ultra. Think of medium/high with hickups on intensive fights (Sindragosa when everyone gets pulled towards her)

Deleted
    So the CPU wont do?

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 02:48 PM ----------

Well i was thinking about high/medium i want the quality to be good and acceptable shall i change Win XP to something else and add more RAM?

Deleted
    The point basically is that the hardware you want to use is outdated, and that's it better to spend a bit more but be able to enjoy it a lot longer.

For the CPU i'd like for something in the lines of i5/7, with an asus motherboard, 4GB DDR3 and for the GPU the ATI 5770 seems to be the "bang for a buck" at the moment.