Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I got tired of the never ending heals holy paladins have been having soo, i got my old NAXX level geared paladin out. dusted him off .. bought 4 pieces of holy pvp gear (chest, legs, helm, shoulders.) and put on his low level tanking gear. specced him holy .. no glyphs.

not only consistenly top 4 healer in the bg, but insanely able to sit there and be beat on all day. holy shock .. word of glory .. back and forth .. oom .. keep going and judge too ... now i've got him allmost all scrub level healing gear .. NO enchants blue gems for the most part .. still tanking rings.. AND NOW HE"S A GOD. it takes atleast 3 -5 people to kill him. wait till i get him full wrathfull AND enchant/gem everything LOL. he's going to be my lvl 80 twink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    Im sitting at 1910 resilience, gives 80,7% damage reduction.
    People were right, resilience fixed it!
    How do you pull off stacking that much Resilience? Do you gem/enchant your gear for Resil?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    healers being op'd messes up pvp enjoyment so much more than any other scenario. its just dumb sometimes when nobody can kill that geared healer...at least the dps'er will eventually die and the game will play on.
    Healers aren't OP - resilience is. They buffed resilience hardcore in the hotfix to help the one problem of people getting 2-shot.

Unforunately, they WAY overdid it. People can become nearly immune to player damage with enough resilence.

I mean hell, some healers like holy paladins have actually LOST some of their previous HPS in PvE (Holy Light spam + Beacon of Light for over 10k HPS is no longer possible). The reason they are gods is because of the resilience buff.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    1# I am a resto druid,and the only way I can stand against 5 people is hitting tree form and spamming regrowth,but that is against good dps, 3 good dps can kill you.
    2#I can not see changing that on cata,at least when we get to 4.3 we will be back were we are now.
    3#WHo cares if their is a #3?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Yeah, this whole "It will be balanced after Cata" excuse is getting old. Do they honestly expect us to play for 2 months dealing with this bs just because they are too lazy to do anything? I guess we are supposed to be cool with paying for 2 months of game time for a game that is currently so imbalanced that it is hardly worth even trying to play. Woot

Nah but really, I don't care. Fable 3 comes out soon, then Black Ops so screw it. If Blizzard wants to screw off and not fix something because they are lazy then its whatever. = /

Quote Originally Posted by iamftwlol View Post
    Yeah, this whole "It will be balanced after Cata" excuse is getting old. Do they honestly expect us to play for 2 months dealing with this bs just because they are too lazy to do anything? I guess we are supposed to be cool with paying for 2 months of game time for a game that is currently so imbalanced that it is hardly worth even trying to play. Woot

Nah but really, I don't care. Fable 3 comes out soon, then Black Ops so screw it. If Blizzard wants to screw off and not fix something because they are lazy then its whatever. = /
    I see a lot of people call Blizzard lazy and honestly I think I never seen a game company put more effort into a single game them WoW. EQ (1 and 2) are terribad. Warhammer and AoC are both decent but not nearly as polished as WoW. Hell I can't even think of a FPS for a console game that's nearly as polished. Considering A) How much gear/factors/people are in the game B) Just the massive size of the game 3) Considering 1 and 2 extremely bug free.

Yeah it has bugs but think about how many millions of lines of coding are in this game. Like there is an ass ton and it's handled really well.

Resil is the problem, not healers. I see healers go OOM more often in heroics and raids then ever. Our healer damn near went oom in H FoS, I haven't seen that in I dunno how long.

So yeah, healers are gods but I suspect that vast majority of DPS allow them to be, not properly interrupting or dispelling. Also the problem of MS only stopping 20 or 25% of healing done to a target (I forget which). So yes there are problems.

So the good news is this xpac is over, I stopped raiding and never really BG anymore. I go for weird achievements or rep when I feel so inclined. So honestly I think this is a lot of impatient people whinning that could in no way shape or form even hope to compete at making a game that has so much lore, mechanics and great artworks...etc. It is a long list of the things that are great in this game.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

I really don't care about the lore, the mechanics, or even the bugs, honestly. What I care about is paying $15 a month and having Blizz do some half ass hotfix rather then address the problem because they would rather just wait it out til Cata then waste their time fixing problems that will not exist in two months.

WoW Is the best MMO out there hands down, I love the game and have come back to it time and time again because no other MMO can even hope to offer the amount of content that WoW does. But being forced to deal with a problem that could be fixed now just simply because it won't exist later is pretty lousy in my opinion. I am sure others do not agree, but this is just how I feel.

I don't normally make a habit of paying for something and not getting what I pay for. =/

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    1# I am a resto druid,and the only way I can stand against 5 people is hitting tree form and spamming regrowth,but that is against good dps, 3 good dps can kill you.
    2#I can not see changing that on cata,at least when we get to 4.3 we will be back were we are now.
    3#WHo cares if their is a #3?
    Doubtful on that whole scaling at patch 4.3 being as extreme as it is now. I think I believe that because a while back GC said 'We have all the gear mapped out that will be in the xpac including Deathwing. It's all being tested internally and we are putting a limit on the upper limits of stat inflation now.'

It might need tweeking, yes, but they learned from WotLK. It's part of the reason why they got rid of so many secondary stats and why they only made two tiers of gear per raid. In WotLK from Ulduar til ICC there were 3 a piece. So if you wanna do it the easy way, take the 9 levels of gear that have come out (normal 25m and heroic)and chop it in half. So that would mean we'd all be fighting or have gear equal to ToC 25m. Not heroic gear, just 25m. So what was that season 6? Burst was bad, but not insanely bad. Then ICC came out and burst got so far beyond stupid it was unreal. However take that burst and imagine everyone with 50k HP. Really it wouldn't be that bad.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 05:33 AM ----------

I really don't care about the lore, the mechanics, or even the bugs, honestly. What I care about is paying $15 a month and having Blizz do some half ass hotfix rather then address the problem because they would rather just wait it out til Cata then waste their time fixing problems that will not exist in two months.

WoW Is the best MMO out there hands down, I love the game and have come back to it time and time again because no other MMO can even hope to offer the amount of content that WoW does. But being forced to deal with a problem that could be fixed now just simply because it won't exist later is pretty lousy in my opinion. I am sure others do not agree, but this is just how I feel.

I don't normally make a habit of paying for something and not getting what I pay for. =/
    Then you have no long term vision and most things in life (politics, saving, forgien relations, R&D) have immediate problems that are being addressed through long term means.

So stop paying for 2 months.
    Last edited by Garrim; 2010-10-18 at 05:34 AM.

I didn't play when the LK pre-release events were happening (I was on break and think I reactivated on day 1 of LK) but I know for BC the same thing happened. Game was balanced for 70, we got all those new talents, etc... some classes got way too powerful, and they were left there for the weeks/months before BC came out. Then, a few days after the expansion released, they brought out the nerfbat big time on those classes. That really has me concerned that they will do something similar again this time, and it is BS. I don't know if I'd say they are lazy, because it takes a lot of work and they had to do SOMETHING to try to get "life" into the game. I mean it's been a YEAR since 3.3 came out. Thats a LONG time on one patch, and they did very little filler/extra stuff until 3.35 (I think) with RS. So they had to do something, and giving us the class changes and such fits with prior history.

On the plus side, like you said, other games are coming out. Fallout New Vegas promises to be a beast in and of itself for time sinking, since there are like 50 bajillion endings and ways to play it due to factions. Black Ops should be a solid COD game with great MP, and that can majorly eat time too. THen of course we also have Fable 3 and Force Unleashed 2, both of which probably wont take up as much time as the prior due to the single player only nature, but each should also have decent reply value. I bet given the right circumstances (and personality) a person could easily fill from now to dec 7th with gaming just from those titles. Thats not even counting the more recent game launches for big name/time games too... like MOH or Halo Reach.

Not hard to kill healers, you guys are just terrible. Stop trying to just nuke them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Not hard to kill healers, you guys are just terrible. Stop trying to just nuke them.
    lol, stop trying to act like you're somebody when in reality you're probably a bg hero who just got his t1 wep with honor.

healers, especially druids at the moment are basically impossible to kill.

why? because they literally use every gem slot for resilence. my druid partner gemmed all resil in his full wrathful and he has something like 94% damage reduction.

no matter how many people are on him, he's unkillable.

so basically, me running around with 40k hp as a ret with full wrath literally unkillable because my druid healer is god tier is just retarded.

we did BGs for about literally 5 hours (10 people premade) and everytime we got WSG, we'd just have the druid run the flag, because it was a guaranteed cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    Doubtful on that whole scaling at patch 4.3 being as extreme as it is now. I think I believe that because a while back GC said 'We have all the gear mapped out that will be in the xpac including Deathwing. It's all being tested internally and we are putting a limit on the upper limits of stat inflation now.'

It might need tweeking, yes, but they learned from WotLK. It's part of the reason why they got rid of so many secondary stats and why they only made two tiers of gear per raid. In WotLK from Ulduar til ICC there were 3 a piece. So if you wanna do it the easy way, take the 9 levels of gear that have come out (normal 25m and heroic)and chop it in half. So that would mean we'd all be fighting or have gear equal to ToC 25m. Not heroic gear, just 25m. So what was that season 6? Burst was bad, but not insanely bad. Then ICC came out and burst got so far beyond stupid it was unreal. However take that burst and imagine everyone with 50k HP. Really it wouldn't be that bad.

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 05:33 AM ----------

Then you have no long term vision and most things in life (politics, saving, forgien relations, R&D) have immediate problems that are being addressed through long term means.

So stop paying for 2 months.
    Eh hate to say it but blizard is not so good a at planning,take sunwell or icc lasting forever, stuff can change.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So, on a side note...

Who has Xbox and wants to play Fable 3 and Black Ops when they come out? I could use some new people to play with, haha.

Gamertag: iamftwlol

Hit me up, we can all talk about WoW and what Cata brings while we own it up, heh.

Healers are gods now.

Resto druids: Can actually be killed if focused fast with dispell.

Resto shamans: God, one freaking heal and their back to 100% life. These fools need a GChammernerf quickly:x

Disc priest: Haha, lol wtf thanks god there arnt many priests around. They just need to stand there and they are totally unkillable.

Holy paladins. Lol. One instant heal. Back to 100%. Its about time to remove that extra healing they get when they heal themselves. It takes 5+ players to down a holy paladin, and yes we are skilled.
    These idiots ruins the WSG alot. Running with flag and dispells everything, god i hate them.

I dont know whos fault it is, Blizzard or the players who lets this crap go live?
    This was once in BETA, hasnt it been addressed that healers are gods in BETA?

This is why alliance are loosing all the time. Just requires one (more?) healer in the opposite side to win a BG. Alliance got 0 healers, horde got 5.
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escargon Gesu View Post
    Healers are gods now.

Resto druids: Can actually be killed if focused fast with dispell.

Resto shamans: God, one freaking heal and their back to 100% life. These fools need a GChammernerf quickly:x

Disc priest: Haha, lol wtf thanks god there arnt many priests around. They just need to stand there and they are totally unkillable.

Holy paladins. Lol. One instant heal. Back to 100%. Its about time to remove that extra healing they get when they heal themselves. It takes 5+ players to down a holy paladin, and yes we are skilled.
    These idiots ruins the WSG alot. Running with flag and dispells everything, god i hate them.

I dont know whos fault it is, Blizzard or the players who lets this crap go live?

This is why alliance are loosing all the time. Just requires one (more?) healer in the opposite side to win a BG. Alliance got 0 healers, horde got 5.
    It was alot better before the resil change but then burst was everywhere so no point to have a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Eh hate to say it but blizard is not so good a at planning,take sunwell or icc lasting forever, stuff can change.
    I'd say they're great at planning. Building WoW took tons and tons of planning. If you disliked BC or WotLK from start to finish or hell even vanilla, then why play the game? If you liked any of them at any point (I loved everything in WotLK minus Naxx and the ending to WotLK with the way Arthas died, why must there be a lich king? A random noncommunicating army is more effective then one cohesive unit with perfectly corridnated attacks? WTF?) So yeah they made a mistake with gear inflation and how heroic mode was introduced.
    If you took out heroic mode gear, all you got was maybe mounts or vanity junk, I bet this game would have been WAY more balanced from start to finish. They did not plan that outcome so well but all the quests, overlapping quests that fit in with other zones took planning. It's very hard to see and plan accurately 2 years down the road. They had a plan for Cata before WotLK launched. Considering they were what maybe 6-7 months off their ideal release date, from 3 years ago, is a very good mark. That's like hitting a bullseye in Russia from Alaska. Damn impresive if you ask me.

And ask yourself, besides something vague like, 'I'll graduate college and get a job' or 'Have kids' what's ur furthest scheduled plans?

In 3 years within a 6 month window, can you honestly plan out something in your life, like writing a book that will be published right on target or would it require you to do a large amount of planning? It took Dan Brown 4 years to write the Da Vinici Code and I'm pretty sure he planned that book out and he said 'I feel like it's never truly done but it took me longer then I thought.'

That junk is hard to do.
    Last edited by Garrim; 2010-10-18 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond View Post
    Sorry i must have forgot that we're in Cata now?

So basically your in a BG and can't kill a healer or the guy the healer is healing? It'll balance itself out as we level up, stop crying about it. Sound like that guy who dropped his fury/arms warriors from the raid because they had been nerfed, get a grip

Instead of "crying", i would suggest you guys to stop playing WoW forever and go to a therapy or something to help your game addiction. (Dont take this as a insult)

Im utter tired of this "Cata will fix it" crap, you are costumers, you pay for this game, but sadly you are addicted, unlike me, who is really angry at Blizzards work and will never look back to WoW again.

I was close to upgrade my PC and buy Cataclysm, but the money will instead go to Nintendo DS+PKMN black/white.

Theres something i dont really understand. Costumers have the right of whining if they pay for something and expect it to work, unlike WoW atm, and you call it "crying"?

One more thing: I bet 50 bucks that Cataclysm PvP will be more messed than Wotlks pvp.

Cataclysm will fix it.

Like you said in the prepatches before WOTLK. Get over it. WoW will always be unbalanced. Blizzard devs arnt even trying to balance pvp. (Explain why classes in expansions gets to be OP in 6 months and finally get a nerf that makes them useless instead of balanced)

If i broke some rules, fine, i take a ban. This is a forum for WoW people, and i dont understand WHY i say to people to quit anyway. No, you can still play it if you LIKE it. But there are so many whiners in PvP atm and i honestly dont understand why they still are paying for this game. You are costumers, remember that!
    Last edited by Escargon Gesu; 2010-10-18 at 06:17 AM.
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

15+ Year Old Account
    Instead of "crying", i would suggest you guys to stop playing WoW forever and go to a therapy or something to help your game addiction. (Dont take this as a insult)

Im utter tired of this "Cata will fix it" crap, you are costumers, you pay for this game, but sadly you are addicted, unlike me, who is really angry at Blizzards work and will never look back to WoW again.

I was close to upgrade my PC and buy Cataclysm, but the money will instead go to Nintendo DS+PKMN black/white.

Theres something i dont really understand. Costumers have the right of whining if they pay for something and expect it to work, unlike WoW atm, and you call it "crying"?

One more thing: I bet 50 bucks that Cataclysm PvP will be more messed than Wotlks pvp.

Cataclysm will fix it.

Like you said in the prepatches before WOTLK. Get over it. WoW will always be unbalanced. Blizzard devs arnt even trying to balance pvp. (Explain why classes in expansions gets to be OP in 6 months and finally get a nerf that makes them useless instead of balanced)
    Yeah the next patch really fixes any balance issues,and just creates more,even if they nerf healers I can see healers worthless so everyone will be dpsing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Healers are gods because of the resilience hotfix, not any mechanics of healing.

Healers aren't even close to gods in Beta.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped reading at "PKMN black/white". Seriously? Are you braindead?

People said the same thing about TBC and WotLK being broken. It works out in the end. The game isn't over because pvp is unbalanced at the moment, ffs.