Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resilience stacking 4.0 video

I stumble on this great movie in which you can see how 1700 resilience now after hotfix looks litlebit absurd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtK9EvhqEIw

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    youtube.com/watch?v=Vh43tcSl6vc

Deleted

Wow

Wow... just wow.

That is what happens when they balance the combat ratings around lvl 85, and then try to adjust them for lvl 80 again.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-10-18 at 10:27 AM.

lucky,there wasnt a arcane mage

It would be more impressive if he wasn't abusing an exploit to spam word of glory.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    haha funny stuff but hopefully it will be fixed

Forgot to say, paladin in movie DIDNT use any mana consuption healing(or atleast i didnt saw), all heals came from Word of glory( holy power points heal) and to speed up collecting holy power he took talents which on hit gives chance to gain holy power.
    This can be easily done with any other healers, holy paladin mechanic isnt here in question, its resilience as stats problem

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    It would be more impressive if he wasn't abusing an exploit to spam word of glory.
    there isnt any abusing except resilience... as holy paladin you have talents which gave you on taking dmg chance to collect holy power(on rank 2 is 100%)- Blessed Life: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31829

Deleted
    Isn't 1414,5 resilience cap or something? O.o

Wowwiki.com/Resilience: 3.3.3 is the current patch at the moment this is written. The damage reduction from a critical strike is capped at 33%, which equates to 1414,5 resilience (94.3*33/2.2) at level 80.

Can be outdated info tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting at 1902 resilience which gives you 80,7% damage reduction.
    Feels good man. Just gotta replace val'anyr with some random pvp main hand to get up to 1973 \o/

Yes, it's overpowered and will most likely to be capped again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by saladfingers View Post
    You can't keep brushing off the fact that Word of Glory is a huge part of this video. I have 1700+ Res on my disc priest, and I am a beast, but I couldn't last as long as that paladin without WoG.

Plus the fact those hordies didn't interrupt/stun/silence him at all for the most part.... not saying resilience isn't to blame, but Word of Glory has more to do with it than just flat out res.

And for all the QQ's about not killing healers... IMO you should be able to kill a healer with mana anyways unless you do some good CC chains and interrupts on him. What is the point of being a healer if a DPS can just burn you down while you are full mana.... fuck that, we have mana we live, how it should be IMO.
    im not advocating here Word of glory, i must agree paladin atm as healer is strong if you are geared up but in same time my friends have shaman/priest healers and they are in some way strong as holy paladin, only maybe issue can be here except resilience that word of glory in combination with Blessed life gives you nice boost in healing when you are targeted in pvp but that can be balanced with make longer cd atm is only 2 sec.
    Also Word of Glory cant be interupted or kicked its instant cast.
    Last edited by Maneken; 2010-10-18 at 10:55 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was the DoT cap, yes
    But seeing as they removed it later (3.3.5 I think)
    You can read arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=210952 for theorycrafting about resi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    It was the DoT cap, yes
    But seeing as they removed it later (3.3.5 I think)
    You can read arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=210952 for theorycrafting about resi

Quote Originally Posted by Maneken View Post
    Forgot to say, paladin in movie DIDNT use any mana consuption healing(or atleast i didnt saw), all heals came from Word of glory( holy power points heal) and to speed up collecting holy power he took talents which on hit gives chance to gain holy power.
    This can be easily done with any other healers, holy paladin mechanic isnt here in question, its resilience as stats problem

there isnt any abusing except resilience... as holy paladin you have talents which gave you on taking dmg chance to collect holy power(on rank 2 is 100%)- Blessed Life: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31829
    I assure you there is an exploit that he is likely abusing. I do not want to talk about the exploit, because this is not the place. You may be right and he isn't using it, but I do know there is one that exists.

Deleted
    Spark of Hope makes Word of Glory generate Holy Power instead of spend it.

Why is it so difficult to just say it?

And he is not using it, as you can see him at zero Holy Power after a Word of Glory in the beginning of the video while he's still pulling.

That is hilarious.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I assure you there is an exploit that he is likely abusing. I do not want to talk about the exploit, because this is not the place. You may be right and he isn't using it, but I do know there is one that exists.
    I am not using any exploit at all, atleast I don't think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Videogames View Post
    I am not using any exploit at all, atleast I don't think I am.
    Hi m8, you made nice movie
    Imo, dont think there isnt any abusing of paladin mechanic, fast charging came from blessed life which honestly with 2 sec internal cd makes fast collecting.
    That combine with resilience in higher number makes holy paladin almost unkillable.
    Only question here is will internal cd stay on 2 sec or it will get maybe longer cd.
    Last edited by Maneken; 2010-10-18 at 03:29 PM.

A resil nerf with Blessed Life getting a larger CD and a change to PotI would be a good start with nerfs, although when not crutching on OP talents/abilities holy paladins would have quite a few problems healing right now, but buffing anything without nerfing first would be dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneken View Post

Don't forget this nifty talent in Prot that is easily speccable by Holy Paladins.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II