Resilience OP at lvl 10

It seem that with the current change to resilience also a change was made to the way resilience scales at lvl 10.
    Before patch 4.0.1 all defensive stats including resilience scaled the same from lvl 1 till lvl 34.
    However with patch 4.0.1 apparently resilience got removed from the defensive skills list.
    This resulted in resilience being ridiculous OP at lvl 10.
    As a example the weapon Grand Staff of Jordan gives 4 resilience rating at lvl 10.
    This doesn't seem much however 4 resilience gives a 14.37% damage reduction. (wowhead is incorrect)
    When trying to get as much resilience as possible at lvl 10 it is possible to get 26 resilience for a total of 93.4% damage reduction no even counting armor making it impossible to get killed by anyone.

How to obtain 26resilince:
    Grand Staff of Jordan +4 resilience
    Inherited Insignia of the Horde/Alliance +4 resilience
    Exquisite Sunderseer Mantle +3 resilience (some BoA shoulder give 3 and some 2 resilience)
    Haliscan Jacket with +15resilience enchant (there are a couple of ilvl 35+ chests with no lvl requirement)
    Total = 15+4+4+3=26resilience

This really needs to be fixed because it is killing both the xp-on and xp-off bg's (yes 10-19 xp-off bg's still exist in the US Ruin battlegroup and the EU Blackout battlegroup). Anyone care for a lvl 10 immortal healer as flag carrier.

(example video of a lvl 10 priest with 22 resilience in 10-19 xp-off bg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-dn8LTTiY not me btw)
    Last edited by Radak; 2010-10-18 at 11:50 AM.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Deleted
    I really dont see reason to get resilience at lvl 10

Deleted
    10-19 is where the real PvP is at not this FotM arena crap and rated battlegrounds that anyone can farm to high rating since you can't lose any rating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    10-19 is where the real PvP is at
    But...The abilities you have is like, so basic it requires no brain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    When trying to get as much resilience as possible at lvl 10 it is possible to get 26 resilience for a total of 93.4% damage reduction no even counting armor making it impossible to get killed by anyone.
    Resilience is OP at any level... At 80 now, I'm sitting at 1860 resilience (without T2 weapon, still wearing 3 pieces relentless not yet upgraded). That puts me at 78.9% mitigation before armor or spell resist. Against spells, add 2% reduction from Shielded Skyflare Diamond and another 6% from Inner Sanctum.

So when I walk out on the field, I'm taking right at 79% less physical and 87% less spell damage. Then factor in Focused Will. Admittedly, with the amount of base mitigation it doesn't proc too often, but if a single attack does do 10% of my health, I'm sitting at 85% and 93%, and if a second should somehow make it through, 91% and 99% vs physical and magical damage respectively -- again, before armor or resist is taken into account. I'm pretty sure some ele shaman have cried when they lava burst crit me for 900.

In recap, it's not just broken at 10, it's broken at all levels because there is no effected hard cap or diminishing returns to resilience. While it's impossible to get to in available gear, if a player could achieve 2357 resilience they would be 100% immune to player-generated damage before any talent reductions. A feral druid specced into Natural Reaction would only needs to achieve 2074 to be damage-immune in bear form.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Well Blizzard really needs to fix this oppness!

Quote Originally Posted by wowcast View Post
    Well, you could just get more resilience yourself - sounds like you have oppness envy ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    But...The abilities you have is like, so basic it requires no brain at all.
    This is just the tip of the 19 bracket iceberg. It's really the worst PvP on earth in pretty much every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowcast View Post
    wait for the cataclysm..

Its all in the scaling, when people start hitting 85 it should even out.

I thought the video was hilarious; 2 rogues and like 4 other people all against the priest, and they don't even make a dent. And then he heals for 1/2 his health with one crit, hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    I caught on to the "stack resil lolol" train yesterday, and I cannot seem to stack more than 1400 resil as a Mage. Full wrathful + wrath staff, 6-7 +20 resil gems, alliance +153 resil trinket...wrath rings, resil enchants...I have absolutely no clue how people are managing to reach 1700 or even 1800 (resilience is broken on armory and always shows 0).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I caught on to the "stack resil lolol" train yesterday, and I cannot seem to stack more than 1400 resil as a Mage. Full wrathful + wrath staff, 6-7 +20 resil gems, alliance +153 resil trinket...wrath rings, resil enchants...I have absolutely no clue how people are managing to reach 1700 or even 1800 (resilience is broken on armory and always shows 0).
    I'm in full wrathful (264 staff) except for relentless shoulders and gloves. Resilience enchants on chest, helm, and shoulders, using the 153 res trinket and 95 res platinum disk of swiftness. All gems are 20 resilience except for a nightmare tear in the helm (+9 res socket bonus) to trigger the 1% spell reflect meta. The only other thing I've done that's boosted my resilience more than you would be able to is mix the shadow and holy tier sets to get 2x 2pc bonus for an extra 100 resilience. This has me at 1848, and then 1898 with lesser flask of toughness, so you'd be at 1748 and 1798 in similar gearing. If you went that route in full wrathful including shoulders and gloves, you should be able to pick up an additional 28 res iirc from those two pieces, and a bit more again if you have the 277 weapon. Of course, as a priest I have far fewer devices at my disposal to escape or buy time than you as a mage, and being a key target to enemies ("KILL THE HEALER OMG") it made sense for me to do this. It might gimp your throughput as dps too much to make it worthwhile.

For me, definitely worth it. Earlier today kited a warrior, two rogues, a DK, and a mage from their flag room in WSG all the way to mid field with no support before they finally wore me down. Worth noting though that while I was slowed, silenced and stunned at nearly every turn, if the mage had been constantly spell stealing I'd never have made it that far.

On a side note, I absolutely love the Destructive Skyflare Diamond. Made my day today when not once, but twice in the span of about a minute a mage managed to sheep himself! Even better than imagining the face on ele shaman when they crit me with a lava burst for 1200...

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh the old Platinum Disks! Yeah, I spent almost 30k buying my DFO early into ICC25's, there's no way I'm replacing it with Disks as a Mage >_<
    And that 2x 2pc Priest thing sounds like...it needs fixing o_O
    I suppose Druids are capable of doing something similar? Mix Moonkin & Resto sets?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    You've been able to grab 2 pieces from each set since the tier pvp gear was introduced.
    You sacrifice the 4pc bonus (which for healing priests is awesome) for some extra resi and spellpower. Thsi was not worth it before, but now damage is ridiculously high and resiliance has been temporarily buffed, it makes a huge difference.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's sick, but I wonder how much survivability you have at level 19 then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.