Deleted

Blood Elves eye color

I have read alot about the color of the blood elves eyes are green. Also that they would probally be green forever. I disagree

First lets look at how blood elves/high elves get their eye color. According to wowwiki, they get their eye color from the nature of the magic they absorb. So when they used the arcane magic from the Sunwell, they got blue-ish eyes. When they then turned for Fel-magic, they turned green.

So thereason blood elves have green eyes, is because they fed on fel-energy, wich corrupted them. Now that the Sunwell is up and running again, shouldnt they change back( if they stop using felmagic, ofc). They should turn blue-ish again, and/or more light colored, cause of the sunwell be 50% light-magic and 50% arcane-magic.

Then some ppl say "look at the orcs! They r still green!". Well, yes, but the orcs was also exsposed for it, for much longer. Besides, they just stopped with it, and didnt turn for anything else. Where the blood elves will turn for the sunwell. And, since the sunwell is now 50% light-magic, shouldnt it be able to "purify" the blood elves from the fel-magic?

Let me hear what u think

RPG and Lore wise? Yes, maybe they'll have their eyes change back to normal. Gameplay wise? No, Blizzard won't change their eye color back. It's the only thing that distinctly shows the difference between them and High Elves, and it's doubtful they'd put in the time to make it a reality, at least not until all the characters models get a well needed update.

theoretically they'd now get bright yellow eyes, for light energy from the sunwell. they'll probably keep their old eye color as a scar of sorts from using fel magic, like the orc's green skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Fel taint seems to be permanent.
    It can even be transmitted to children. It's kinda like a broken gene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    theoretically they'd now get bright yellow eyes, for light energy from the sunwell. they'll probably keep their old eye color as a scar of sorts from using fel magic, like the orc's green skin.
    Well, as I said, the blood elves turn to the Sunwell, after being exsposed to Fel-magic. So they replaced it. And the Light part of the Sunwell should be able to "heal" them. And since their eye color depend on the nature of the magic they absorb, they should turn something between Bright Yellow and Blue

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I think, that the light part of the Sunwell, should be able to "repair" that gene.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elves4everr View Post
    I think, that the light part of the Sunwell, should be able to "repair" that gene.
    There is no proof for that, so you can only assume.

this

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Something between Yellow and Blue? Like... Green?
    Haha it almost makes sense....

But I feel like the Green eyes are more of a scar to remind them of their past than something that can be remedied

Deleted
    There is no proof for that, so you can only assume.
    Well you can also turn that around. There is no proof that it is permanent. And dont throw the orc card here :P. The orcs were exsposed for decades as far as I know, where the Blood Elves only used it a cople of years. Also the orcs absorbed it, where the Blood Elves used it, channeled it if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Elves4everr View Post
    Well, as I said, the blood elves turn to the Sunwell, after being exsposed to Fel-magic. So they replaced it. And the Light part of the Sunwell should be able to "heal" them. And since their eye color depend on the nature of the magic they absorb, they should turn something between Bright Yellow and Blue
    Considering what you have said, Green clearly shouldn't be the color of blood elves eyes anymore as cause of fel-magic. From the sounds of it, it seems that Blood elves eyes should be a combination of the colors yellow and blue. Too bad blizz is too lazy to properly mix the colors, though most likely for game play reasons. Some people are just too attached to the old. I mean why would blizz have people complain about not changing the eye color when they can leave it as is? It's the same thing in the end.

The proof is Valeera Sanguinar. Purple eyes because she absorbed some purple trident magic. If all they feed on is Sunwell magic it is likely their eyes will change colour.. even if ever elf child is born with green eyes.

Also eye colour through magic probably would be mixed via the light spectrum.. and not like paint.. so White + Blue = White. And yellow + blue = Whitish yellow blue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouts View Post
    The proof is Valeera Sanguinar. Purple eyes because she absorbed some purple trident magic. If all they feed on is Sunwell magic it is likely their eyes will change colour.. even if ever elf child is born with green eyes.

Also eye colour through magic probably would be mixed via the light spectrum.. and not like paint.. so White + Blue = White. And yellow + blue = Whitish yellow blue.
    This

Omg! The people that keep saying it should be a combination of yellow and blue, are you thinking straight??? That's basically green, which is the color they have now!

Quote Originally Posted by Killerjam View Post
    Omg! The people that keep saying it should be a combination of yellow and blue, are you thinking straight??? That's basically green, which is the color they have now!
    WHEN YOU MIX FINGERPAINT ITS GREEN. When you mix light you get something that isn't Green! Its a whitish yellow-blue. This is why the primary colours for light and paint are not the same. Light always gets brighter when you add more. You can add dark purple to yellow and you get a brighter colour.
    Im sure the internet can help you find a picture of this.

http://www.normankoren.com/light_color.html there is a picture of this on the right of this page. Subtractive colours (Paint/ink) vs Additive colours (Light)
    Last edited by Sprouts; 2010-10-20 at 12:16 AM.