Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Social Network

I just wanted to express how much i really enjoyed this movie. i thought it was very good and the way it was told was very interesting.

here is a link to the trailer:

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 02:16 AM ----------

here

I really cant bring myself to care about this movie. The subject just isnt that interesting.(imo of course)

But each to his own.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

the way the story was told, each step up the climatic ladder, and the overall conflict was just really enjoyable to me

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    I really cant bring myself to care about this movie. The subject just isnt that interesting.(imo of course)

But each to his own.
    I was really skeptical about this movie, but I have to admit it was really well done.

I think the deeper message of the movie was friendship and not really Facebook as a whole, although the movie does give a good background on the website.

Superb script, cast and overall execution.

I never understood why facebook became so popular. Its just a copy of myspace. With myspace being a copy of something else. The thing is though if myspace hadn't become popular then facebook probably would have failed. Businesses that use FB annoy the fuck out of me though. I see on commercials sometime saying go to facebook.com/whatever the product is and I just always sit there saying to myself, why the fuck would I go to facebook if I want to find out about a product? I would just go to the website of whatever the product is.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    I never understood why facebook became so popular. Its just a copy of myspace. With myspace being a copy of something else. The thing is though if myspace hadn't become popular then facebook probably would have failed. Businesses that use FB annoy the fuck out of me though. I see on commercials sometime saying go to facebook.com/whatever the product is and I just always sit there saying to myself, why the fuck would I go to facebook if I want to find out about a product? I would just go to the website of whatever the product is.
    i think the exact same thing, my girlfriend always gets annoyed when i complain about that

the movie was pretty good though, but at the end i felt like it just shouldn't have ended when it did, almost like they didn't finish telling the story

Quote Originally Posted by Loopert View Post
    i think the exact same thing, my girlfriend always gets annoyed when i complain about that

the movie was pretty good though, but at the end i felt like it just shouldn't have ended when it did, almost like they didn't finish telling the story
    I'm honestly going to laugh when facebook loses popularity and fades into oblivion like myspace has. So many people will feel like they have wasted their lives then. Not to mention all the stupid companies telling us to go to facebook instead of their own website. I mean really? The whole point of telling people to go to your website is to make money from the ad revenue. Thats why the 'win a free coke' and other such games from bottle caps has been dead for years now. Its all 'go enter this 20 digit long code on our website to see if you won'.

The movie explains why Facebook became what it has, albeit it doesnt tell you directly.
    Last edited by Xevan; 2010-10-18 at 06:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Facebook is popular because of the relationship status. It was, as explained in the trailer, a way to see the relationships of people in college without looking awkward and walking up to someone or someone else asking if they're single or have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

As for the movie, this movie was great, and by far my favorite movie of the year. The acting was the best I've seen, the dialog was great. If you love movies, then see this movie. The movie itself is not about Facebook, it's about the ironic tale of how someone with no friends and no relationship created something to bring people together. It is also about how money and greed can make you loose the best and closet friends, the ones that helped you with the idea. Facebook and it's court cases was just a way to tell this story. Club scene btw, best club scene in movie history, they got the environment just right, almost started dancing in the theater...

Great movie if you dont get it then i dont know what to say its clear as day light its just those types of movies that are looked at from different angles, times and different steps at a time.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly going to laugh when facebook loses popularity and fades into oblivion like myspace has. So many people will feel like they have wasted their lives then. Not to mention all the stupid companies telling us to go to facebook instead of their own website. I mean really?

I wont feel the same way with WoW. :| My life was well spent on this game, I'm sure their life was well spent on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I wont feel the same way with WoW. :| My life was well spent on this game, I'm sure their life was well spent on Facebook.
    That. I've met some of my best friends on WoW, people I plan to know for the rest of my life. I don't regret a moment of it. On topic, I really enjoyed the film. Probably not something I'd ever buy, or see a second time, but an enlightening and amusing look into the site's history, and most of the actors wee fantastic (even Timberlake. I was a bit hesitant about seeing him in this, but I just saw him as his character, not as himself. Pleasantly surprised).
    Imagine a perfect, cloudless midnight, cold as winter ice and shrouded in shadow. That is Sithis.
    Tarhiel Raniss Garuk Azurra Vaermina Cemetrygates

Deleted
    Aaron Sorkin who wrote the screenplay doesn't know a thing about Facebook, and doesn't care about it. The film is about Mark Zuckerberg and the two lawsuits against him, not Facebook.

It's unfortunate that so many people are going to ignore this film because of what they think it's going to be about, just as so many stupid teenagers who are addicted to Facebook will probably see it and not understand a thing.

It's a really well made film, with great acting and a superb script.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopert View Post

All that immediately happened after what we saw was that he settled both cases out of court, nothing even Sorkin & Fincher could've made interesting to watch. From an artistic point of view, it ended exactly as it should, in a terrific juxtapose of the opening scene.

Because if you go to the Facebook page of that product and "like" it, chances are your friends will be inclined to see what it's about. It's a way to spread around the message to people who may not have the commercial.

It looks like an overrated piece of crap based on an internet fad.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    It looks like an overrated piece of crap based on an internet fad.
    If you watch it you will see that the movie has very little to do with Facebook really... The evolution of Facebook was added into the story line so you could see the different emotions each character portrayed in a sequential manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    If you watch it you will see that the movie has very little to do with Facebook really... The evolution of Facebook was added into the story line so you could see the different emotions each character portrayed in a sequential manner.
    how does it have little to do with facebook when it is about the guy who invented facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    how does it have little to do with facebook when it is about the guy who invented facebook?

It's about his friendships and his need for acceptance along with the characters around him. The evolution of Facebook was a story driver.

It's really hard to explain without getting into spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    It's about his friendships and his need for acceptance along with the characters around him. The evolution of Facebook was a story driver.

It's really hard to explain without getting into spoilers.
    -1000 for avatar, and who cares about spoilers? Just make a warning in BIG RED TEXT

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    -1000 for avatar, and who cares about spoilers? Just make a warning in BIG RED TEXT
    Ahh, I'm new here and didn't see the spoilers button so I decided not too.

-1001 for avatar