Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild rep/ranks " recruit"

Whenever i see one of the many beta videos out there, there seems to always be someone who is a Recruit of guild name here
    This has me a bit worried, I've been in my guild for 4+ years and am second only to my GM in rank, and in cataclysm because of guild rep im going to be labeled as a recruit? This seems meesed up to me... help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well its guild rep, Help the guild more and you get +rep.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman/Cataclysmus View Post
    Well its guild rep, Help the guild more and you get +rep.
    I know that, but it doesn't seem right that someone who joins say Dec. 8th would be equal to my rep, thanks though

If the guild itself recognizes your seniority then why would it matter what some random thinks?

the "recruit" is the guild rank, not the reputation.

So if your rank is "guild master", there should be "guild master of Paragon" under your name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

You shouldn't worry about what title your wearing or how everyone in the world of warcraft sees your name and title together, especially if it says "Recruit of <guild>" hovering above your head. If everyone knows you've been in the guild for so long and have contributed more than anybody else then you need not worry. Do not ponder what people outside of your guild think, they aren't as close to you as those who are in your guild, the people who know where your standing is.

Maybe guild rep and rank might not be the same thing simply.. For example,
    if the guild leader should give someone else permission to invite ppl to the guild it would be stupid
    if he gave that based on guild rep considering even the biggest noob in the guild should eventually get highest rep. That would make alot more sense if the ranks and rep where 2 separate things then, but they still just show the rep in the interface, and u would have to actually look at the specific guild members info to see what rank he/she have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    the "recruit" is the guild rank, not the reputation.

So if your rank is "guild master", there should be "guild master of Paragon" under your name.
    You've got it the wrong way about, the "guild title" is based on guild reputation rather than rank. It changes as you gather more reputation. Even the guildmaster will start out as a "recruit".

I wouldn't be particularly worried about that - it's not like people who log in on December 7th are going to think youre a noob because you're only a "recruit", when everyone in the entire game will be sporting the same title. It won't take long to get your rep up - currently on beta, a couple of hours levelling will push you up against the weekly cap already. Of course, if you're not active in your guild, but like to feel superior due high "status" and past glories, it won't go up as fast, but then you don't deserve it either, so it all works out

Quote Originally Posted by Elgar View Post
    You've got it the wrong way about, the "guild title" is based on guild reputation rather than rank. It changes as you gather more reputation. Even the guildmaster will start out as a "recruit".

I wouldn't be particularly worried about that - it's not like people who log in on December 7th are going to think youre a noob because you're only a "recruit", when everyone in the entire game will be sporting the same title. It won't take long to get your rep up - currently on beta, a couple of hours levelling will push you up against the weekly cap already. Of course, if you're not active in your guild, but like to feel superior due high "status" and past glories, it won't go up as fast, but then you don't deserve it either, so it all works out
    sorry, but I can't believe this until I see a screenshot.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION! well maybe this will help the people who actually put people ahead that matter in the guild rather than the friend of the gm being an officer that doesn't know how to play their class. I've been in a few guilds like that in the past. Or now in one of my alts guilds which they wont be there much longer i have noticed that they are like forest gump literally they even sound like it (not just the accent) and couldn't believe that people were actually following this person that wanted to still use DRW glyph as frost spec now.

although not sure myself how this works but i don't think it will have any effect on the gm

This'll only be an issue early on. There's a cap on the amount of guild reputation you can earn per day, and it resets to 0 every time you join a new guild (Leaving/getting kicked from and rejoining the same guild will not reset your reputation). So in a few months after the system has launched, you'll be properly marked as whatever the spiffy title is for being exalted while anyone new to your guild will be properly marked as "Recruit".

Any additional recognition of seniority within your guild is something you'll have to work out with your guild master.

sorry, but I can't believe this until I see a screenshot.
    http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...010_113833.jpg

As you can see, im a Champion Rank, at revered my guild title is Veteran
    Honored was Guardian

why would you say he doesn't deserve it? his 4 years of devoted service are nothing compared to the month that some new guy has been extra active while he has to give his aging grandmother sponge baths and make her meals each day to show his apprication for her 18 years of care for him as a child. Is that what your saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    VIVA LA REVOLUTION! well maybe this will help the people who actually put people ahead that matter in the guild rather than the friend of the gm being an officer that doesn't know how to play their class. I've been in a few guilds like that in the past. Or now in one of my alts guilds which they wont be there much longer i have noticed that they are like forest gump literally they even sound like it (not just the accent) and couldn't believe that people were actually following this person that wanted to still use DRW glyph as frost spec now.

although not sure myself how this works but i don't think it will have any effect on the gm
    It probably won't. Just because you can gain guild reputation faster than the officer just because he knows the GM doesn't mean the GM would instantly promote you. Been through that myself.
    « DOr shar'adore da shando! » ♥

« Vladka | Ryska | Radka »

Quote Originally Posted by Zeilek View Post
    http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...010_113833.jpg

As you can see, im a Champion Rank, at revered my guild title is Veteran
    Honored was Guardian
    awww.. that sucks. Thanks for posting anyway, I would've checked it myself.. but actually I'm not in a guild in beta xD

and there goes the Idea of changing Guild Ranks into something ridiculously awesome, like "MissHannahMinx"

oh, zeliek, just out of curiosity, does the GM really start with "recruit" ? Would make sense to at least change it for the GM..

awww.. that sucks. Thanks for posting anyway, I would've checked it myself.. but actually I'm not in a guild in beta xD

and there goes the Idea of changing Guild Ranks into something ridiculously awesome, like "MissHannahMinx"

oh, zeliek, just out of curiosity, does the GM really start with "recruit" ? Would make sense to at least change it for the GM..
    Couldn't tell ya on that, not even sure who the GM is, nor was I in the guild when it started =/

If it's actually rep based then it does make sense for them to be a recruit. It's nothing more than an indication of how much that person has done since the guild leveling system was put into effect. That title isn't going to be around long if you're a dedicated player and it will never effect your guild rank or the value that your guild places on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixon View Post
    why would you say he doesn't deserve it? his 4 years of devoted service are nothing compared to the month that some new guy has been extra active while he has to give his aging grandmother sponge baths and make her meals each day to show his apprication for her 18 years of care for him as a child. Is that what your saying?
    Yup, thats actually exactly what I'm saying. Well, minus all the obviously emotive rubbish (you might as well have called the new guy Hitler and the old hand Gandhi in this example). I'm all for the idea of there being lasting marks that you have achieved certain milestones in WoW (such as Hand of A'dal or amani war bear). However, as a guildmaster, I have no time for people who are not active in the guild, and care even less for people who think their previous contributions to the guild entitle them to something when they are no longer active (usually in the form of guaranteed raid spots whenever they can be bothered to log in, even when the guild is full with ACTIVE regulars).

Guild reputation and guild titles are a feature of Cataclysm. If you are not active in Cataclysm, I don't think you are entitled to some sort of free ride to the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to all who replied, your right shouldn't be worried about what other people think

---------- Post added 2010-11-01 at 01:51 AM ----------

Yup, thats actually exactly what I'm saying. Well, minus all the obviously emotive rubbish (you might as well have called the new guy Hitler and the old hand Gandhi in this example). I'm all for the idea of there being lasting marks that you have achieved certain milestones in WoW (such as Hand of A'dal or amani war bear). However, as a guildmaster, I have no time for people who are not active in the guild, and care even less for people who think their previous contributions to the guild entitle them to something when they are no longer active (usually in the form of guaranteed raid spots whenever they can be bothered to log in, even when the guild is full with ACTIVE regulars).

Guild reputation and guild titles are a feature of Cataclysm. If you are not active in Cataclysm, I don't think you are entitled to some sort of free ride to the top.
    Are you the GM of a big raiding / high end PvP guild with a bunch load of officers? , do you also go in trade and spam for people to go to your website and "Apply"? or have you ever? Imo, a guildmaster should honor peoples past contributions, not shaft them for losing interest

im just wondering - what happens to the old ranks? since there are some features only GMs/Officers should be allowed to how does that work out?