Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrypt911 View Post
    wow... SO much hatred going on holy shit people... I don't know what games you guys are playing or how you feel about them but DoTA, demon hunter, and d3 pvp are f*cking amazing announcements -_-
    One can only imagine your level of excitement if they had announced Warcraft themed socks. I mean ZOMG WARCRAFT SOCKS!

If this is all they had to announce, then fine, that's all they had to announce. I'm not saying they should make stuff up or that they have an obligation to drop my jaw, but still these announcements are pretty weak.

What else did you all expect exactly? Besides something about either the WoW movie or their new MMO?
    Nah, I don't give a crap about the WoW movie, and I don't care too much about their unannounced MMO until there's some gameplay to look at, which given their glacial pace of development in general, we probably can't expect to see for another few years. Regardless of what any one expected, it's still a weak bunch of announcements, mostly because they're all easily predictable or just kind of lame (DOTA map is a big deal, really?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    The new Demon hunter in D3 is basically Sylvanas.
    idd... :P

Deleted
    So whats with midnight play in Europe? I mean... with WotLK: I bought it at midnight sale, came home, installed, played; thats it. Also about blizzcon: What did you expect for them to announce? We knew pretty much everything before Blizzcon (WoW, SC2).

So, nothing about the new mmo... this is so disappointing.

lol@people whining about the digital download not being 'fair' for every single person in every single time zone around the world. You're still more than welcome to go stand in line for your game. If blizzard gives this 'gift' to make things easier for a LOT of people, you have no right to complain.

So I can go buy it at midnight EST but can't play it till 3am???

So... much... whining in here. Take a step back from the computer. Breathe in deep. It's going to be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Just a simple question, does that timetable in the beginning of this topic show the events starting times accordingly in the timezone where I'm in?

For example, if I'm browsing the site in Finland does the timetable show what time the events happen in my local time (GMT+2 that is)?.
    To quote the main page, which if you scrolled down slightly you could see this for yourself...

All times are converted to local time automatically, and you have a countdown anyway.
    Yes, the times are converted to YOUR time. If you read the time table you could see that it shows "11:00 to 23:30" at the top, and then immediately under in that column, it shows a completely different time; those are the equivalent times in your time zone..

jesus people just wait a few more hours to play the expansion, is it really that big of a deal? were not talking weeks here...

i was really expecting something with their new IP i was pretty sure they were going to release info on this blizzcon

so where are the pictures they said would be posted "in a few minutes?"

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    We all start playing at the same time anyway. lol at people with the "PST gets it earlier" attitude. Digital pre-order is great for me, i can go straight home after work (midnight) and play. Without having to stop on the way home to pick the game up. It's the only way to do it fair. Otherwise east coast will be playing 3 hours before anyone on the west coast can legally sell the game. midnight PST is the only way to do it so that everyone can play at the same time. If you're that mad that you have to raid a few hours, you're the type that's going to play all night anyway. You were going to be up at 3am anyway that day.

Because of sites like the one we're on right now, there is nothing new to announce as far as WoW. That's not a negative comment, but between data mining and BlizzCon falling only 6 weeks before release, we couldn't have expected too much. BlizzCon is for the fans, they aren't required to make major announcements. I'm sure we'll get some info on our games. Funny that after an hour, all the "omg cool!" we could expect is done. Without any "omg cool!".

If you don't want pvp in Diablo...don't play it. They're not taking people off the regular game to develop pvp, it's seperate teams. There's no reason not to want pvp. Since when are extra features a bad thing?
    Last edited by Demik; 2010-10-22 at 08:07 PM.

With 17 billion different builds in D3 and having a pvp environment ... that is going to be super-duper-easy to balance, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Joha View Post
    So whats with midnight play in Europe? I mean... with WotLK: I bought it at midnight sale, came home, installed, played; thats it. Also about blizzcon: What did you expect for them to announce? We knew pretty much everything before Blizzcon (WoW, SC2).
    I'm guessing it'll be 12:00 CEST in Europe.

"I know it's a WoW website but hey! DoTA!"

I thought that this was supposed to also contain info about other games? I remember a while back where Boub wrote something regarding a different mmo because someone pointed out the fact that the website's name was MMO-champion and not wow... Not that I care, I am here for wow only, but I just wanted to point it out, and perhaps get an answer as to whether or not it is correct to call this a wow website?

But darn, I'd like to be there for the Demon Hunter! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    lol@people whining about the digital download not being 'fair' for every single person in every single time zone around the world. You're still more than welcome to go stand in line for your game. If blizzard gives this 'gift' to make things easier for a LOT of people, you have no right to complain.
    lol gift? WE PAY, THEY PROVIDE. It's more like a money making strategy.

LOL, will the server even be up at 3AM or down for maintenance until later in the day?

A worldwide synchronized start at 8am UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
    That's the fairest thing possible.
    Midnight sales will obviously not exist anymore (at least in most parts of the world).

Blizzard's digital downloads are usually more expensive than physical copies in shops while being cheaper in "production"; plus the revenue is not shared with any other (trading) company. So a very smart move profitwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Holy crap yay!

DoTA is amazing, Starcraft is amazing... Stardota is a mind melting idea.
    LOL stardota SUX, ihate that stupid map lots of people think about how PRO are in that l4me sh%t. hope gamingcommunities doesn't support dota in sc2 cuz is so lame&retarded map-game. Compare Dota pro VS sc or wc progamers.

for latinoamerica is sad news, dota kill the new proplayers in latinamerica cuz is so easy to play and think uare good(compare with sc,wc,ra3,etc).

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Holy crap yay!

DoTA is amazing, Starcraft is amazing... Stardota is a mind melting idea.

LOL stardota SUX, ihate that stupid map lots of people think about how PRO are in that l4me sh%t. hope gamingcommunities doesn't support dota in sc2 cuz is so lame&retarded map-game. Compare Dota pro VS sc or wc progamers.

for latinoamerica is sad news, dota kill the new proplayers in latinamerica cuz is so easy to play and think uare good(compare with sc,wc,ra3,etc).

IS Riot helping with this?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by STFU noob View Post

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 05:48 PM ----------

Simpliest reply ever: lol wut?