Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    So many paladin questions... and the druid questiosn...sigh.
    6 paladin questions
    3 priest
    3 rogue
    2 druid questions.
    2 hunter questions
    etcetc

0 shaman
    0 mage

O'well, we got used to paladin flood of blue responses and it just continues here. Now even the most stubborn naysayers shall see the nasty favoritism here.

10+ Year Old Account
    did i read they numbed warrior threat last week? i feel bad for the new people who start a warrior tank and hit 85. they will be like, this sucks.

Someone needs to ask about extra character slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pilch View Post
    Oh like extra damage on fire dots? Extra damage on bleed dots? Extra frost damage? Extra disease damage? Extra damage in eclipse (that isn't worth shit compared to other stats)? Random wild quiver procs? Extra pet damage? Extra elemental damage? Extra block chance? Extra absorb strength? Random hots on direct heals? Extra poison damage?
    OK you get the point 90% of masteries do NOTHING to gameplay..
    The response was to an actual shadow priest question but of course you're right. For spriests though the only thing mastery changes is it lowers your overall damage output because haste in crit is still vastly superior since mind blast is just a small part of our damage. The way to go with mastery in line with their reasoning would not be as a passive boost to your strongest abilites / worst abilites as they seem to do now but to give procs etc to stuff that really changes the way you play. now it's just a boring gimmick stat. Given how much of the damn stuff theyre putting on the end game gear it's discouraging to say the least for us shadow priests

Q: Why did you add Holy Power? Where did it come from to give Paladins combo points?
    We decided mana feels good until it runs out. It's dependable over short periods of time then it goes away. The idea was "Oh the mana bar constantly goes down, then it gets filled again." You were playing off of cooldowns, playing whack-a-mole.
    What a total and utter disgrace of an answer. IT'S NOT PALADINS THAT ARE DESIGNING THE SPEC WITH 30 SEC COOLDOWNS ON HEALING SPELLS !!!!

Fucking BLIzzard asholes - I almost broke my pc when that ashole said this.

"Some people claim it's not a dps increase at all, but we're confused by that." Really?.. Really? ugh...

Q: Zealotry clashes with Ret's mastery and the Divine Purpose talents. It's sort of reducing how many Crusader Strikes we can generate (wat?). Do you feel it's clashing, or that you'll reevaluate it as a talent?

A: We're looking at it. Some people claim it's not a dps increase at all, but we're confused by that. We might change it so Divine Purpose procs 3 Holy Power while Zealotry is up.

It's not a DPS increase, because due to the cooldowns and the new shitty (it is) queue system we can't literally use everything we have let alone using zealotry which you need 3 holy power to use, just is useless at the moment in DPS terms. As any retribution paladin will have seen in the new changes (which i like bar Zealotry but i said that in the PTR) is 5-10 seconds into the fight the entire action bar lights up like the christmas tree once the procs start coming in.

we literally can't get our the DPS fast enough with the current mechanics with Zealotry. If they had combined it with Avenging Wrath then yeah i'd see it.. but it's just ugh, i don't even need to use it for heroics or anything, because holy power wise i'm proc'ing like crazy and can't do enough. just poorly worked out (much like the certain numbers this patch... still can't believe the fix they did with our hammer of righteousness and avenging wrath lol just madness. We can pretty much get 60k+ of damage out with 4 button presses, and 3 of those are the same button, works best with divine shield up and /dance)

what scares me, my DPS is usually measure on - hammer of righteousness, crusader strike, exorcism and templars verdict a 4th spot. At the moment exorcism feels more like a caster spell than well a paladin "EXORCISM" spell.

rather than fix the broken retribution (it is, even complaints coming in at level 85), they're hotfixing issues as they come up. We're not the only class having issues along these lines though... as always the warrior is not far behind us (they have major dps issues)
    Last edited by deplorable; 2010-10-23 at 09:04 PM.

ahhaha this guy thinks he is a rappa.

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 10:07 PM ----------

w00t account bound mounts in the future. finally.

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 10:08 PM ----------

Oh another feature they wanted to put into Cataclysm but it's now "at some point". Growing into quite a big list of features.

guess mages must be perfect since there are no posted questions

WTF???

Anyone else notice the number of complete bullshit/sarcastic answers that in no way answer the question being asked?

I guess I don't really understand the minimum range answer for hunters either... Is he referring to auto shot while moving? Afaik any range class is free to cast instants while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    This. People are bitching at the biggest event of the year for WoW instead of asking questions on different possibilities for the future of classes like "any plans to add an "X" type of move or let this melee class equip polearms?"

The whiniest MMO community shows up to their own event and whines, who would have thought. Just disappointing that people find it in themselves to bitch at the expense of other people's opportunities to as legitimate questions.
    And how do you expect them to answer all that? Read GS. He tries hard to be a politician when commenting on very specific aspects of the game and after couple months... half of what he says appears to be a complete bu****it despite his tries. Imagine them talking about some crazy ideas people deliver to them in questions. We have cata coming in a month and people are interested in their classes. People are realistic and don't expect blizzard to think about rocketjumps as "X" type moves for paladins with cata at the door.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    Okay then, since you apparently know more than the game's creators, how would YOU respond?

Well he is right

Well is there something to be done to give us an advantage for that?
    You can shoot while moving for one, mages can't do that. Rogues can't really do anything while running from spot a to spot b, but you can. Different classes, different situations.
    Ice lance and scorch would both like to say hi. Did he honestly just compare a melee class to a ranged dps class. Sure rogues can't do much, they aren't in melee range. Guess what, most melee can't do melee damage while not in melee range? Do you see a pattern?

I don't think these people actually know what is going on in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Anyone else notice the number of complete bullshit/sarcastic answers that in no way answer the question being asked?

I guess I don't really understand the minimum range answer for hunters either... Is he referring to auto shot while moving? Afaik any range class is free to cast instants while moving.
    Hey there, honestly I am glad after reading this thread to see that no one is really bashing the question. I'd be a little upset (lol) since it was me that asked it.

I think what GC was referencing was the fact that at 83 we get aspect of the fox, allowing us to autoshot and (I think) steady shot while moving.

This takes us out of aspect of the hawk losing us both the added AP and the focus regen of the shot.

My question wasn't really answered, I asked the followup because honestly it's not a class feature, it's a limitation and it's an antiquated one that serves no purpose. It's arbitrary and limiting and the hunter gains NO benefit to balance the limitation.

I asked if they could explain WHY it still exists and was told it's a class uniqueness thing.
    I asked what benefit was given (or would be given) to balance out the negative it inflicts and was told that we can shoot while moving and we have things to get out of melee, neither which pertained to my question. He also mentioned being hit in the face which would make sense in PVP but I specifically referenced PVE raiding and fights like Lord Marrowgar... If Marrowgar is TARGETING me I'm dead, range or not. I don't see how distance to target makes any difference if I am shooting him in the back. No more so than a warlock casting a shadow bolt or a mage casting scorch

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Well he is right

Ice lance and scorch would both like to say hi. Did he honestly just compare a melee class to a ranged dps class. Sure rogues can't do much, they aren't in melee range. Guess what, most melee can't do melee damage while not in melee range? Do you see a pattern?

I don't think these people actually know what is going on in their game.
    Ice Lance, Scorch, Every instant cast DoT, Shamans new spell

Hunters can cast their instant attacks while moving, can't auto shot or steady shot without aspect of the fox and that's a dps loss.

*sigh* I just hope maybe they will reconsider the melee limitation of hunters at some point

Q: Why do we have to take PvP talents now to reach the 31 point talent? Like the Shaman talent to take less magic damage?

What? This guy obviously doesn't play a Shaman.....

Quote Originally Posted by kolixela View Post
    Hey there, honestly I am glad after reading this thread to see that no one is really bashing the question. I'd be a little upset (lol) since it was me that asked it.

I think what GC was referencing was the fact that at 83 we get aspect of the fox, allowing us to autoshot and (I think) steady shot while moving.

This takes us out of aspect of the hawk losing us both the added AP and the focus regen of the shot.

My question wasn't really answered, I asked the followup because honestly it's not a class feature, it's a limitation and it's an antiquated one that serves no purpose. It's arbitrary and limiting and the hunter gains NO benefit to balance the limitation.

I asked if they could explain WHY it still exists and was told it's a class uniqueness thing.
    I asked what benefit was given (or would be given) to balance out the negative it inflicts and was told that we can shoot while moving and we have things to get out of melee, neither which pertained to my question. He also mentioned being hit in the face which would make sense in PVP but I specifically referenced PVE raiding and fights like Lord Marrowgar... If Marrowgar is TARGETING me I'm dead, range or not. I don't see how distance to target makes any difference if I am shooting him in the back. No more so than a warlock casting a shadow bolt or a mage casting scorch

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 07:32 AM ----------

Ice Lance, Scorch, Every instant cast DoT, Shamans new spell

Hunters can cast their instant attacks while moving, can't auto shot or steady shot without aspect of the fox and that's a dps loss.

*sigh* I just hope maybe they will reconsider the melee limitation of hunters at some point
    All I'm hearing is hunter tears, you kids need your deadzone back so that good hunters don't absolutely faceroll every class as is. Ridiculous damage coupled with a ton of ezmode abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    All I'm hearing is hunter tears, you kids need your deadzone back so that good hunters don't absolutely faceroll every class as is. Ridiculous damage coupled with a ton of ezmode abilities.
    So we should keep a useless and antiquated mechanic that negatively impacts the class design itself because without it people can't beat hunters in PVP?

If your losing to hunters in PVP I highly doubt that small change is going to have any effect on it.

Heres a question no one asked.

When are we going to see a new class? Its been 6 years and we only seen 1 new class which was deathknights.

Also why didnt they make Worgen and Goblins a neutral race?

Are we going to see tauka skins when we create taurens?

Are we going to play as the Walrus Race from Northrend?

Why can't we command our elementals like hunters do with pets?

When are we going to see combo abilities used? ex: A mage, warlock and priest can combine there attacks for a awesome powerful one. This can also apply to dps, tanks healers etc.

Why cant we customize our capes with our guild name and logo?

What about tattoos?

Quote Originally Posted by Bastige View Post
    Minimum range for a hunter has got to be dumbest idea theoretically in the whole game. I can shoot you easier if you were closer to me than if you were farther away... Way to avoid common sense. And don't act like you're "giving" us the ability to shoot while moving. Back to theory. A person with a gun can shoot while moving, captain obvious.
    Minimum range for a hunter makes perfect sense, you cant use a 'real' (x)bow in melee range, you'd need at least a few inches of traveltime on an arrow or bolt or there'd be no momentum in the projectile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastige View Post
    Minimum range for a hunter has got to be dumbest idea theoretically in the whole game. I can shoot you easier if you were closer to me than if you were farther away... Way to avoid common sense. And don't act like you're "giving" us the ability to shoot while moving. Back to theory. A person with a gun can shoot while moving, captain obvious.

Well, we could make it like this simply to make it happy.
    When you move, you get a lingering debuff that reduces your chance to hit by 75%, you regain 25% of those every second, so if you want to run and hit every attack you need 18+75% hit bonus.
    If you stand still for 1 second, you can attack again, as you regain your aim.
    That would be logical.

As for melee range shooting, every held a rifle? or a bow?, what you're speaking of is a gun, yes with a gun you would be able to hit more easily in melee, however using a bow or a rifle the turnspeed would be so much higher, your flexibility would be less meaning once they are to close to you, you would be unable to attack.
    However this could also be changed, just that the area of "Your target has to be in front" would be allot more narrow.
    So instead of like now having a 90 degree area where you are facing your opponent, you would have a 10 degree.
    So once they get close you would effectively get the same effect, unless they stand completely still.

Happy now?

Or, you could just have it as it is because that's in theory how one would likely seem to have it in a game such as world of warcraft.

Blizzard fullfill their promisses, yes they do!
    It just takes them one and a half expansion. So expect this to happen in a near future, somewhere around expansion 5.

Right now Demon Soul seems like a trinket, and doesn't feel fun, why did you think warlocks needed an ability like that?

Are you SERIOUS?????? Who will ask a question Like that? I tell you, It can't be a warlock because If you was a warlock you will be like> O Woohooo that's a boost in my Dps Thank you Blizzard, not QQ about it being similar to a Trinket!!!!!!! WTF... So obviously the person that ask this question about Warlock's do not play one and just want blizzard to either nerf it or remove it completely. Lame/Hater Question for real

---------- Post added 2010-10-25 at 10:30 AM ----------

Wow really they change the Worgen 1% damage racial, Because it was Overpower??????????. But here you got Orc's with an Mini Heroism and if you roll a troll Mage you technically got two Heroism's???