Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Deathwing, what stopped him?

I've been watching whats going to happen in cataclysm with great interest but theres on thing that doesnt quite make sense to me,

Deathwing whos been away in deepholme recovering from his last beating bursts back into azeroth and reaks absolute havoc accross the entire world, including a direct attack on stormwind and orgrimmar, but one thing to me doesn't make sense,

Why did he stop? he just attacked the two major capitals was he driven off or wounded? as hes now just annoyed a load of people and left them to rebuild and then launch an attack on his liuetennants and try to foil his plans, why didnt he just do another lap of azeroth and set fire to teldrassil, or stomp all over thunderbluff?

I know he has a fight with alexstaza at some point but from what i've seen he gets off relatively unscathed and is more than capable of taking out the red dragon rear guard action whilst the red aspect flees.

So in short, what stops him from getting it over and done with in one swift move?

Besides being extremely powerfull, he is also quite insane...don't try to understand his actions

Deleted
    The same reason james bond is never executed on the spot when he's captured. It wouldn't make a very good story.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's insane, he's old. He has his motives. We do not know them to a full extent yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuetea View Post
    The same reason james bond is never executed on the spot when he's captured. It wouldn't make a very good story.
    Also, this :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuetea View Post
    we meet again... Mr Bond...

If he was going to stick around in Stormwind and destroy it he would have had to listen to trade chat

Thats what stopped him.

He might want some challenge instead just going "WTFLol Pwn'd, own'd your biggest capitals and now im just gonna smash the barrens, k?"

I rather want some resistance, instead of just conquering the world because i can stand on two towers and trash some houses.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBL1N View Post
    He's insane, he's old. He has his motives. We do not know them to a full extent yet.

Also, this :P
    We know Deathwing's plan perfectly well.

1. Kill everybody
    2. Reforge world in molten flame
    3. Bang Alexstrasza and Ysera
    4. Dance on Malygos' grave
    5. Do lines of coke and have a bitchin' party for next ten thousand years

Deleted
    at smaaen, i guess u picked the wrong thread xD this is about deathwing.

also OT: he is very old so he had to take his nap...

@ Smaaen, wrong thread methinks?

And @OP, it would make a terribad storyline if Deathwing torched the crap out of everything and we all died... wouldn't be too enjoyable.

He doesn't attack Org, the zep above the flight tower explodes causing the fires there. And I was always under the impression that he attacked SW to get the heads of his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post

1. Kill everybody
    bender, is that you? hookers and blackjack too?

He is insane, his job is to slow down and intimidate while his master can set up some sort of plan. sure he could destroy the world, but in deathwing/his masters eyes, where is the fun in that?

its no fun having a destroyed world if no one is afraid for their life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brocky View Post
    bender, is that you? hookers and blackjack too?
    i lolled

im pretty sure DW stopped cause a dwarf punched him in the face.

thats how I remember it.

btw .. is he more powerfull then before .. or has he alway been OP
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted
    he wants to tell us his masterplan!

ultra lasers and pewpew

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post

1. Kill everybody
    pure win xD

Quote Originally Posted by banans View Post
    pure win xD
    If this is true then he is indeed the protagonist.

Sadly I imagine the answer will just be "He's just that arrogant".

I would be overjoyed if we get an ingame event of a massive Alliance military defence driving him off, maybe with Varian luring him into a trap full of siege engines or something similiar. (Deathwing would almost certainly want the head of the guy who killed his daughter to begin with.) Horde equivelent could be helping Baine retake Thunder Bluff after Magathas takeover attempt.

Would certainly make for two extremely dynamic events to kick off Cataclysm.