Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Would there be any interest in a BM-specific in-depth 4.0.1 @80 guide? I've been playing with theory-craft for it a lot recently and feel like I have a really good handle on how it works best in 4.0.l at 80 (obviously it will be different at 85, if it's even useful then).

Or rather, would people like to see one of these/do people generally agree it would be a good thing to have? I've been thinking about writing one up, but if no one wants it for 4.0.1 @80 then it'd be a waste of time xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Would there be any interest in a BM-specific in-depth 4.0.1 @80 guide? I've been playing with theory-craft for it a lot recently and feel like I have a really good handle on how it works best in 4.0.l at 80 (obviously it will be different at 85, if it's even useful then).

Or rather, would people like to see one of these/do people generally agree it would be a good thing to have? I've been thinking about writing one up, but if no one wants it for 4.0.1 @80 then it'd be a waste of time xD
    I think it's a good idea. I'd be interested in, since I kind of feel missing something on BM. Its like 2 k less dps on my hunter than MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post

I for one would be very inersted in a BM guide - I think there is alot of intrest currently in the community regarding what spec to take and hopefully you can open up peoples mind so that we dont revert back to the WoLK Cookie Cutter or GTFO system.

Well that's good enough for me. I'll work on it tonight while watching the GSL Ro64!

Especially with the recent buff to Kill Command. Delicious.

Surv and BM are going to be weaker than MM right now simply due to lack of Cobra Shot. Wasting Arcane Shot GCDs on Serpent Sting seriously gimps both specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moyotoshi View Post
    Surv and BM are going to be weaker than MM right now simply due to lack of Cobra Shot. Wasting Arcane Shot GCDs on Serpent Sting seriously gimps both specs.
    It's true. But BM can stay fairly competitive all the same, and sometimes you need it for Ferocious Inspiration.

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 03:29 AM ----------

Alright, the first run of my 4.0.1 BM guide is up in the forum now. Read it! Comment it! Let me know if there's anything that's unclear, or just wrong, or that you disagree with, or that you think should be changed, etc.

With the recent buffs to KC(amongst the other shots), has anyone tried putting a point in Resistance is Futile?

Deleted
    i was curious for SV should i be using Arcane Shot glyph coz i seem to rly struggle for focus a lot of the time, but i don't rly use AS too much, so would ES glyph be better instead?

Best glyphs for SV right now are KS,ES and SS due to the fact were firing alot of steady shots..thx to the current focus starvation aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullblast View Post
    Best glyphs for SV right now are KS,ES and SS due to the fact were firing alot of steady shots..thx to the current focus starvation aspect.
    You're going to be pressing Steady or Cobra shot a hell of a lot as a hunter. Focus will never regen as fast as we can use it (well, maybe with Bloodlust, Rapid Fire, and TBW).
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh-mzsyrNhE

Kripparrian's 4.0 Hunter Guide, this guide shall be updated with info provided by Kripparrian within the hour.

Update:
    - Added Kripparrian's Approx. Stat Value
    - Added Reforging Section
    - Updated Gemming section with info provided by Kripparrian
    - Update Shot Priority section with info provided by Kripparrian
    Last edited by Asuras; 2010-10-22 at 09:56 PM.

RE Kripp's guide, he's killed HLK 22 times more than I have, so he must know his stuff.
    But I'm curious about two things:

1) Is it true that Explosive Trap from multiple hunters don't stack? I'm confused because our logs show damage being done from two hunters' overlapping Explosive Traps.

2) His stat conversion numbers-- are they correct? Can anyone corroborate them?

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is regarding when I should use Arcane shot in BM, I did a 6 min parse on a heroic training dummy and I still don't have my rotation perfected but I was wondering what other BM hunters were doing. I usually get nervous around 40ish focus to cast arcane shot so my best guess would be > 60. Normally I BW-KC-AS-AS-SS-AS-KC, rinse repeat and make sure that I don't focus starve myself, but I always do. For some reason I think im making bad decisions on when to AS and SS. I just want to know what everyone else is doing and maybe it can help me with my focus problem.

See the "Ultimate Guide to BM 4.0.1" for your answers.

Deleted
    @3clipse:

Explosive Shot-Arcane Shot-Explosive Shot-Arcane Shot-Explosive Shot
    I think you just confused some names here because on my char LNL does not have 4 charges

You might want to say something about the usage of firetraps on stationary fights instead of BA since it's a pretty nice dps increase on live. It might not stay but for the moment it's worth mentioning.

Glancing over the guides you messed up a bit copying stuff from one guide to the other. You might want to double check if the terms used are accurate.
    Last edited by mmoc019c19adc5; 2010-10-22 at 11:08 PM.

Yeah I noticed that right after chelate started putting it together :X

I'll throw that in there.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 07:17 PM ----------

SV guide has been updated.

Deleted
    Some more comments on SV:

Major Glyphs:
    Disengage is at least a reasonable possibility of a damage increase on movement fights. Wouldn't go without it.
    Trap launcher is a damage increase in case you use it.

Cunning pet spec:
    Cornered 2/2 can be considered instead of great stamina since it's a potential damage increase and with the bug of the pet not healing after scaling is applied it's actually not even that bad.

Rotation:
    Using the two Kill Shots from the glyph back-to-back is a problem since the the check if the target died applies after hitting which means that travel time and client->server coordination will mess that up quite some time. Using a GCD ability between the KS's was a damage increase for me when shooting at long range.
    Using AS in the rotation as an SV really depends on TotH procs. It's a good point to start using AS there.
    The term priority list is quite debatable to be honest. It's more of an anticipation list since your priority is it to have enough focus to execute the spells that are coming from cooldown properly. This means that sometime it makes sense to delay BA or SeS to use a Steady which will allow you to use ES. Especially with the lack of AotFox this is a major problem in movement heavy phases.
    KC during LnL is something that has proven very dangerous for me. You should only do that (as an additional constraint) when you are in danger of getting focus capped AND your next BA is further than 5-8 seconds away.

That would be it for the moment.

I've never had an issue with KS/KS only taking 2 GCDs, although I supposed if you have > 500 ms of ping you might have an issue.

Cornered almost never actually occurs in a raid situation. Your pet takes 90% less damage from AoE and gets a lot of AoE heals. I've never had mine drop into cornered range.

Like I said, if you have > 80 focus is when Kill Command is a viable choice, but that's the only time.

Deleted
    And I think that those 80 focus are misleading. It's not about the focus you have it's about what will have to be refreshed/comes off cooldown shortly after the LnL. You will starve (i.e. delay the next ES) if you use KC during LnL, ES directly after and BA shortly after LnL no matter how much focus you have. It would be very nice if someone would math this out (and I'd be glad if I was wrong).

Actually Sun Scope(+40 Haste Rating) is better for us right now than the previous best Heartseeker. And I am not some crazy hag if you go to Kripp's armory he has it too. So its has some more value to it and it actually works if Kripp is able to get a World first PP parse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsereaver
    Barani you are the only Hunter for me. <3