Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Audréy View Post
    since curse took over mmo champion the site got more ads and runs slower, glad they didnt took over wowwiki instead just made a new site
    If you use Firefox (which most people do) just download the addon Adblock Plus. Idk what other browsers use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Ads? good thing i have ad blocker.
    dont know why people are proud of it, if everyone would use one you would pay for every site, then happy?

Deleted
    i REALLY hope they'll be fixing that addon sound bug...

Quote Originally Posted by Audréy View Post
    since curse took over mmo champion the site got more ads and runs slower, glad they didnt took over wowwiki instead just made a new site
    Runs slower? Really? The site runs like 10times faster now for me. The ad problem I don't notice. Just download Adblock Plus for Firefox and Adthwart for Chrome. Ad problem solved.

dont know why people are proud of it, if everyone would use one you would pay for every site, then happy?
    Make it simple:
    - For people who want to block ads (because they find them annoying as hell), they can.
    - For people who have a "Meh"-attitude to ads (because they don't care or like to have updates on mmo-champion or WoWpedia), they also can.

Think about that one...

Do you even fight the Avatar of Hakkar anymore? Doesnt seem like it. Wasnt that the whole point of the Sunken Temple?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    If you watched/attended Blizzcon you probably heard that the size of the Sunken Temple/Temple of Atal'hakkar is greatly reduced now that the top portion of the instance is gone.
    They actually removed the bottom part from the instance, and nothing but the top is left on it anymore :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeemeerman2 View Post
    Make it simple:
    - For people who want to block ads (because they find them annoying as hell), they can.
    - For people who have a "Meh"-attitude to ads (because they don't care or like to have updates on mmo-champion or WoWpedia), they also can.

Think about that one...
    oh yeah really simple, you can go into a shop too and just steal your stuff, because you find the prices annoying

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually did a full clear of Sunken Temple a few months back on an alt. From top to bottom. It took about an hour and a half, but I fully enjoyed it.

And I'm going to guess that you no longer need the quest item to summon the Avatar of Hakkar anymore and it will just be a regular boss encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Torahn View Post
    And I'm going to guess that you no longer need the quest item to summon the Avatar of Hakkar anymore and it will just be a regular boss encounter.
    Haven't had a run in months where I have done avatar of Hakkar since no one has the damn egg.

Based on what happened to Anzu, gonna go with Avatar of Hakkar is just there regardless. (quest might still be there but you do not have to do it to fight the Avatar)
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Shen'dralar for sure and it sounds like something to do with the bloodsail rep, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm half way through Shen'dralar which I can complete before Cata . I really hope they don't remove Darkmoon Faire or I will be pretty bummed. I've been working on this for awhile and was going to relax and just make darkmoon cards here and there to complete the last faction.
    I'm pretty sure they said Bloodsail is being removed at BlizzCon. Don't know about the others, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xavius View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said Bloodsail is being removed at BlizzCon. Don't know about the others, though.
    So Shen'dralar and Bloodsail rep will be removed for sure, but everything else will still be in tact?
    Last edited by KCguy; 2010-10-26 at 09:25 AM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it's the same website only a bunch of admins (likely theives) stole content from the original site to post as their own.
    Probably some in-house dispute, wowwiki domain name owner said "F-You" and so the others had a cry and left.

It's the same website and no different to the last.

New news over-hyped and pointless. Moving on..

By the way..I love how mmo-champion was taken over by curse yet if you look at curse's footer menu down the bottom..mmo-champion isn't even mentioned. GG
    Main: Tehblùe Alts: Clareical, Tehbangin
    Co-GM <Glory After Death> | Moderator for #trancefamily. Come join the family :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    What exactly alows wowpedia to just copy paste all wowwiki articles?
    The Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license, which all the content is licensed under, allow that. Furthermore, I'm not fully sure about the ownership of a wiki - Wikia administrate wowwiki as in provide servers etc and they own the domain name, but I don't think they can claim ownership of the content. From what I understand, a very large portion of the material on wowwiki is provided by 30-40 key contributors, and a vast majority of those are moving over to wowpedia.

In fact, Wikia doesn't seem to have ANY control over the content - the news on the main page simply reads "WoWWiki has moved! Please join us at our new site, Wowpedia". From what I can tell it isn't a copy-paste job either - all the history on the articles is intact, correctly attributed. Even the user database is moved. That quoted sentence seem to be a good description of what happened - the site isn't copied, it's moved.

WoWwiki doesn't have ads if you are logged in.

WoWpedia doesn't have ads... but knowing Curse and seeing the nice ads on MMO-Champion, in the Curse addon client, etc... you can expect some annoying ads on WoWpedia soon.
    But that's ok... people gotta make a living. If everyone used adblock, many of the sites you love would go get closed.

Deleted
    I hope the new Wiki doesn't use the stupid RPG books for all its articles. I understand that they add depth, but some of the sections for characters (fighting style...) are totally stupid, as well as some of the content that comes out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by blondie View Post
    Do you even fight the Avatar of Hakkar anymore? Doesnt seem like it. Wasnt that the whole point of the Sunken Temple?
    Blizzard doesn't care about the story. Go and fight your polygon monsters, now.

Thanks for the heads up about wowpedia I updated some stuff on wowwiki in the past and over the past few months the site has gotten so unwieldy. The new layout is so unintuitive for anyone wanting to track change history and just about "everything" that makes a wiki good was hidden in some web 2.0 rounded ajax menu window good lord.

Deleted
    is it me or am i the only 1 seeing there is a new raid test :clap:

Anyone able to find the 4.0.1a patch notes? I only see 4.0.1 notes.