Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Finally. Blizz patches all this glitchy BS. Fuck you, cogwheel/flower/mining pick of death!
    Shhh dont jinx it, now the notes will be "fixed various typos, no gameplay fixes SUCKERS."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumps View Post
    wowwiki looked like shit. Light colored letters on a dark background? What idiot did that.
    You mean just like the white letters on black background on wowpedia?

The design between the two pages is almost identical - The difference is incredible small at best and once Curse starts to plaster the site with adds then it won't be any better than wowwiki at all - Judging by how things usually go when Curse acquires a new site, it will probably be even worse.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    If people lose their jobs because of lack of advertising revenue...so much the better.
    You get to keep that small-minded attitude until people no longer get a revenue from making TV programs, websites like mmo-champion etc. and then you start to whine like a little girl when you start to see your favorite things slowly disappearing around you cause you couldn't handle having a few adds showing on a website.

Fact is that Curse and many of the other companies earn their living by having adds on their websites - If they didn't have that income they would either have to charge a membership fee(Which 99% of people would rather die than pay for) or stop providing websites that people love to use. It goes for Curse and most other content providers online.

Deleted
    Sunken Temple was together with BRD my most favorite instance ingame *cry*
    Just loved the feeling and size of this awesome instances.

Make them [the ads] relevant and I might look at them.
    See, ads are a funny thing really. Cookies track what your web browsing habits are, and then by using heuristics are able to determine what ads would attract your attention the most. Every so often, ads appear that do not apply, due to some fault of the tags the ad programmers embedded. However, a solid 90-95%+ of the time the ads apply some way based on your browsing habits.

I can assure you that if someone took an in-depth look at your cookies, they could tell beyond a doubt what your likes/dislikes were along with your hobbies, gender and approximate age. In the end, the ads you were seeing appeared for a reason. Read that as you will.

Also, I've a burning question. Seeing as though you are so vehemently opposed to entertainment-centred advertisements, I suppose you don't:
    a.) Attend sporting events of any kind
    b.) Purchase/read newspapers and magazines
    c.) View any movies
    d.) Drive with your eyes open
    e.) I could go on and on... but I think I made my point.

P.S. I work in marketing & graphic arts - you just told me that my job didn't count/matter. I'd love to know what you do for a living that gives you such a smug outlook on everyone's career choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcrash512 View Post
    Hmmm, Ive been using the internet for 15 years, I cant recall ever clicking on an ad, ever, anywhere.... so im not really sure how much advertising revenue I was generating in the first place.
    Yeah we have heard that one so many times before and fact is that you have clicked on adds and you have done so more than once - You might not do it often, but it still happens every once in a while.
    I've been using the internet for 15+ years myself and I'm also one of those "i never click", but fact is that just once in a while it happens.

But even if you don't click you actually generate revenue - Online advertising is not just paid by clicks, but also just by sheer exposure. That form of advertising is actually very popular with branding.

I am proud I use add blocker, for the same reason I DVR everything I watch on TV. So I do not have to see companies begging for money, be that General Motors or curse.com, or whatever advertisers are on mmo-champ. (I couldn't tell you who they are since i found an actual add-blocker for Safari directly from Apple. I do not wish to see any advertising in my entertainment, and therefore take steps to prevent that. If people lose their jobs because of lack of advertising revenue...so much the better.
    Maybe it's your company advertising, or maybe it's your company who runs the TV network and can't make anything good because of no ad revenue.

Maybe it's your site that goes down because of lack of funding. Enjoy it while it lasts, before you have to pay to use anything you want to read on the internet or watch on TV.

It has to come from somewhere, no-one does much for free, including presumably yourself. Or do you think that if enough people lose their jobs, they will rise up and take over the government and create an anarcho-communist society? In which case the word "Russia" might be unfamiliar to you.

EDIT: I do have a premium Curse membership - for the update all function it's actually not that bad a price - but yeah, most of the reason the internet is so vast and content is mostly available for free is because of ads.

On another topic...shame about ST, I enjoyed it, big and meaty. I do sympathise with people who got lost, but I have more trouble finding BRD or LBRS than I have finding the way in to ST.
    Last edited by Panjandrum; 2010-10-26 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by g0urra View Post
    That's the thing about a wiki: if you feel that some information is wrong, then edit it.
    The problem is it's not wrong per se, it's just totally irrelevant and most often nonsensical.

the changes to sunken temple are just a microcosm of what blizzard's mentality has morphed into. Instead of letting their fanbase figure out the dungeon on their own, blizz decides to cater to the xbox live crowd who want to do a 15 minute dungeon and then hop on halo reach. Another concern is that it looks like they have left the old dungeons intact, with only subtractions being made. So we'll be wandering around a brand new vanilla world but with old, stale dungeons?

I don't understand what the difference between wowpedia and wowwiki will be... Anyone care to explain?

Also... NO SWEDISH FOR WOWPEDIA? C'mon now swebois!

Deleted
    favorite part of ST is that you pull the last boss all mobs come
    thought they probaly left that in there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobbas View Post
    I don't understand what the difference between wowpedia and wowwiki will be... Anyone care to explain?
    Everyone from wowwiki moved to wowpedia because they were dissatisfied with wikia (their host).

They wanted to keep the wowwiki domain, but wikia wouldn't sell it back.

To put it simply, wowpedia is the new wowwiki.

10+ Year Old Account
    "We are updating World of Warcraft with a minor bug fix patch."

Minor... there are loads of bugs. Took their time to get the fix patch out.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    the changes to sunken temple are just a microcosm of what blizzard's mentality has morphed into. Instead of letting their fanbase figure out the dungeon on their own, blizz decides to cater to the xbox live crowd who want to do a 15 minute dungeon and then hop on halo reach. Another concern is that it looks like they have left the old dungeons intact, with only subtractions being made. So we'll be wandering around a brand new vanilla world but with old, stale dungeons?
    Yeesh, you do understand those dungeons are out-leveled in hours right? They are leveling content now and those levels go by in hours today. (I personally know 3 people that leveled to 80 in 3 days played.) As one of the designers pointed out, they simply got rid of some of the suck in those zones.

The content was mind numbingly boring, if you need mind numbingly boring content you can go fishing.

You want a challenge? The new Cata dungeons will certainly take more then 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobbas View Post
    Wowpedia will continue to be updated, WoWWiki will slowly become outdated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Hey Boubouille, you there? Can we get an update on this mythical 4.0.1a patch? Checked the NA and EU forums...nothing there. MMOC's Blue Tracker is not showing anything relating to said patch. Or is this just another one of your guesses masquerading as a supposedly official blue post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBlunder View Post
    mhm i smell a traitor that copied all wowwiki files to his hard disk...
    thought the same ^

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Am I the only slightly annoyed that there are no new patch notes for what's being fixed and/or changed?
    I'm very annoyed. I'm hoping they fix the disappearing honor points.

I'm also kinda tired of Curse eating up websites. They killed a good site, and I'm sure they're not done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Boubouille, you there? Can we get an update on this mythical 4.0.1a patch? Checked the NA and EU forums...nothing there. MMOC's Blue Tracker is not showing anything relating to said patch. Or is this just another one of your guesses masquerading as a supposedly official blue post?
    There is nothing "supposedly official blue" about something that isn't specifically noted as being supposedly official blue. Stop being a troll and go get a hobby, there's a whole world out there you're missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    There is nothing "supposedly official blue" about something that isn't specifically noted as being supposedly official blue. Stop being a troll and go get a hobby, there's a whole world out there you're missing.
    What? Did you not read the top of the page? It says "originally posted by Blizzard Entertainment" (in blue I might add). But it seems Blizzard has no idea about said posting. That was my point. There is no source link, there is no evidence that this patch is coming. Just a post that LOOKS like it's official. If Boub is going to post info, maybe he should get it correct...with links we can click to verify. How is my question trolling again?
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

I never have blocked ads. Sometimes they're more entertaining than the actual site. I have clicked on many and found some very good things by doing so. I also do not and will not use any other browser than IE8. Tried the others, they all stink.

As for the patch, where is it? I'm not getting it yet when I try to log in. It should be up by now if it's going to happen today.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD