... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thud View Post
    so... we're still using 4/5, aye?

Another question... ehh..
    The same target, the same lvl..
    When I use on it Revenge from Stampede - I do around 8-10k with Crit
    When I use Revenge with the normal mode, a.k.a Stealth+Behind it, I am doing around 14-16k?
    ugh?
    Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Apparently Blizzard forgot to increase the damage modifier to the Stampede Ravage when they buffed normal Ravage (and the rest of the Kitty moves). Or at least that's the theory. But others have noticed the discrepancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medloh View Post
    WTB: AOE'ing for Dummies without Swipe.

If you're not worried about squeezing every last bit of DPS out of AOE situations, whats a good simple rule of thumb? New AOE section looks great but very complicated.

What about a special situation like pulling both groups of whelps in front of Sindragosa? I assume swipe spam would still win out at some point when the number targets gets very high, right?
    Keep Rake up on targets that already got mangle (by another feral/arms warrior/hunter pet/sub rogue).
    Do mangle-rake-(shred to 4CP if needed)-rip on the ones without mangle.
    If all targets got mangle and rake, either save up energy for when rake runs out on one of them, swipe, or get 4CP rips up on one of them.
    (only go for rip if it will tick at least once)

Long time reader.. first time poster.

When it comes to pvp, are you guys finding you are critin'g enough if you reforge all your crit to mastery on your pvp gear? (World pvp, battlegrounds)

Does your percent chance to crit affect the bleeds chance to crit also?

I had reforged all crit to mastery, 50% extra to bleed damage was the result I think, but I can't recall seeing a lot of crits. I think my crit chance went down to 40% or so after reforging.

When i undid my reforging, my crit went back up to 52% or higher in cat form (can't remember at the moment exact numbers, and I started noticing a lot more crits in my bleeds (only because my new scrolling battle text has huge crit stickies and i never noticed them before! haha)

With the changesto resilience and critin'g happening more often (at least that's what I've been reading), I figured I'd want my crit as high as I can get it, but I don't know anymore.

I know the jury is still out on a lot of stuff, but just curious what other people have found. Also, I know pve is a lot different too, I reforged all my hit, etc to mastery.. for obvious reasons. Still have not touched that expertise thing yet though.. for pve or pvp.. yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaure View Post
    Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread. Apparently Blizzard forgot to increase the damage modifier to the Stampede Ravage when they buffed normal Ravage (and the rest of the Kitty moves). Or at least that's the theory. But others have noticed the discrepancy.
    Okey, posting it on the forums, maybe they'll change it soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by elbrouk View Post
    Long time reader.. first time poster.

When it comes to pvp, are you guys finding you are critin'g enough if you reforge all your crit to mastery on your pvp gear? (World pvp, battlegrounds)

Does your percent chance to crit affect the bleeds chance to crit also?

I had reforged all crit to mastery, 50% extra to bleed damage was the result I think, but I can't recall seeing a lot of crits. I think my crit chance went down to 40% or so after reforging.

When i undid my reforging, my crit went back up to 52% or higher in cat form (can't remember at the moment exact numbers, and I started noticing a lot more crits in my bleeds (only because my new scrolling battle text has huge crit stickies and i never noticed them before! haha)

With the changesto resilience and critin'g happening more often (at least that's what I've been reading), I figured I'd want my crit as high as I can get it, but I don't know anymore.

I know the jury is still out on a lot of stuff, but just curious what other people have found. Also, I know pve is a lot different too, I reforged all my hit, etc to mastery.. for obvious reasons. Still have not touched that expertise thing yet though.. for pve or pvp.. yet.
    I haven't reforged critical strike to mastery on my PvP set. I like having the flexibility to mangle spam if necessary although this may change with the higher health pools in Cataclysm. I also like building combo points as fast as possible as well to get my Rip on the target because you can pretty much ignore the target (except for healers) once a Rip is on them. This isn't a conclusive report regarding what you should do I am only stating what I did (or didn't do).

Critical strike does effect bleeds.

Deleted
    Again, an awesome noob-friendly guide to the *hard* cat dps. Sticky!!

Deleted
    its already sticky :P

Mihir is a legend, this has and will help me out immensely come the expansion, thanks for your time

Hey Mihir,

awesome work for which I'd really like to thank you. You're ins-purr-ational! (en Nederlands :P)

Two things that caught my eye:
    - Expertise dodge cap has now been confirmed to be 23 (177 rating) (see frontpage post mmo-champion 28-10-10)
    - The Tiger's Fury buff seems no longer to drop off when using berserk. Of course you loose 1 GCD of the extra damage, but can you really use abilities for 4 GCD's in a row (bar OoC proc or stampede). Is that something I've been seeing wrong, or is it just not usefull enough?

If these things are completely stupid ignore them, otherwise thanks for your guide

Fijne dag,
    Utter - Turalyon EU

Nice thread, very well made, and accurate. I've been looking around at all the different opinions and the one thing I can't find is a new BIS for, even though it won't matter in a month. I saw a few pages back you were working on one. Any plans to have that up soon?

Cower still feels very worthless After waiting 6 or 7 seconds before dpsing, I put on a set of bleeds, boom, pull aggro. Cower, a second later after not attacking, boom. Aggro again. Dead
    Last edited by yzzami; 2010-10-30 at 02:24 AM.
    “what are you doing with my little sister?!” Arthas yelled as he revved the engine on his Harley motorcycle.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yzzami View Post
    Cower still feels very worthless After waiting 6 or 7 seconds before dpsing, I put on a set of bleeds, boom, pull aggro. Cower, a second later after not attacking, boom. Aggro again. Dead
    I'm seriously considering making a compilation video of Fraps clips where I've pulled aggro and had my brains smashed. 80% VoA bosses attempts.

assuming the voa are pugs?
    but ya even in main runs... well geared tank i can out aggro the initial threat a tank can generate
    u have to keep in mind... are mds and trix given to the tank?
    also, the tank's threat cannot be maximize due to vengence not fully stacked
    but ya ... i feel ur pain on the aggro... there is a reason a 277 geared cat has 50% + dodge
    DODGE DODGE like 5x in a row b4 a taunt ftw

I want feign death =P Cower not work? BAM! FEIGN!
    “what are you doing with my little sister?!” Arthas yelled as he revved the engine on his Harley motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by yzzami View Post
    I want feign death =P Cower not work? BAM! FEIGN!
    Sinfonia casts Play Dead.

hitty cappy

Hey Im still abit nervous about not gemming for hit cap. was doing some testing last night ie. with hit cap / without *gemming for max agi and agi/crit*
    also, reforging all my haste to mastery also my crit to mastery. ASWELL as regemming my yellow slots to agi/crit or agi/haste. Ran mew a few times aswell.
    So im pretty much stuck at a road block, Should i be gemming/chanting for some hit to meet caps?
    What is more viable in yellow sockets, agi/crit or agi/haste?

Im using 4p teir-10 with Gloves of secerecy (277), (chest piece for the teir is 277 heroic). Would it be viable to use sack of awesome (277) and teir gloves or stick with my current set up.

Toons name: Exploit
    Server: Frostmourne

gems might be a litty funny, as i was playing around with regemming, currently im gemmed not to meet hit cap, but to maximize agi, and agi/crit in yellow gems.

I pulled threat once in a pug, and came close in another pug situation(both voa25). I was thinking it was a bad tank, since I was up there with the few other 10k range dpsers that were in the group. We don't have a kittie in my 25m, but threat isn't even close to a problem when I'm beartanking, I'm spiking up to 35k TPS and holding 25% leads on dpsers in many cases. I would chalk it up to tanks relearning their class.

I have a question that hopefully isn't answered in the 9 pages, I didn't see it in the guide post. I haven't followed kittie close, but I saw someone do math that said it wasn't worth getting range to charge for the haste. However I think I saw something about the haste being buffed to double what is was. Is it worth it to strafe out 8 yrds to charge in for haste and ravage mid fight? Likely when energy is low and TF is on CD...that'd be 3 yards of not being in range I believe. Either way, some mention of the tactic should be put in the guide (and I hope I didn't somehow miss said mention).

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
    Sinfonia casts Play Dead.
    This.

On the threat point it's kind of annoying doing less damage than some classes but more threat, riding the tank's threat while someone else is able to put out more dps is very very frustrating.

We can't have nice things. Like the Dark Iron Brew, or the Darkspear Pride

At least I got chicken
    Last edited by yzzami; 2010-10-31 at 06:18 AM.