10+ Year Old Account

Patching WoW again .. need help

Hi,

Last night i recieved a nasty virus which killed my comp dead within 30 secdonds flat, long story short i've had to do a full re-install. I sorted most of my stuff last night and the comp is back to full working order. The problem is now patching WoW. I left it downloading patch -> wow-3.3.x-to-4.0.0-patch-eu last night, 8 hours later i wake to find it's still only at 25% download, i know this is a big 5.29 gig but i figure there must be a faster way to download this patch than going thought the Blizz updater.

I've seached for mirror sites but tbh i wouldn't know what files to download or even how to convert them once i got the zipped versions. Would anyone mind lending a hand and walking me through a quicker version to download and update this patch ?
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries !

Disable p2p from the downloader. It will speed up things for most people.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

what is p2p and how would you disable it?

Not trolling just not very good with computers, having similar issue.

In the launcher program go to options menu and downloader preferences. Turn off the checkbox for peer to peer transfers. Blizzard's p2p is steaming pile of shit and if you have fast ADSL or wireless connection, turning p2p off will almost always increase your download speed significantly. Mine goes up from 200-300k/s to 4300k/s capping the 40mbit cable modem.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    In the launcher program go to options menu and downloader preferences. Turn off the checkbox for peer to peer transfers. Blizzard's p2p is steaming pile of shit and if you have fast ADSL or wireless connection, turning p2p off will almost always increase your download speed significantly. Mine goes up from 200-300k/s to 4300k/s capping the 40mbit cable modem.
    Thank you