Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Guide: How to Kill Me

Hey I thought it would be a fun idea for different classes to post tips for how to help a warrior beat them. Things you wish an opposing warrior wouldn't do. I'll do tips for warriors against my main, a spriest, for example.

1. Time your interrupts, when play against a good warrior I know I can not cast a shadow spell when he is in melee range. Therefore I try to use horror, fear and kiting to get off any non-instant spell.

2. Trinket Horror, I generally try to get off a VT and/or MB during the fear. This is a great time to use pummel to build up some pressure.

3. Berserker out of Fear immediately. Some warriors wait until they move into charge/intercept range before using berserker and then charge in. This wastes your charge, lets my fear CD be shorter than your zerker CD and prevents you from keep up pressure.

4. If I pop out of Shadow Form to heal, interrupt and apply as much pressure as you can. If you can keep the priest from feeling secure enough to shift back into shadow form, you'll keep him playing defensively, leaving you to play offensively.

Lets hear your posts/tips for how to beat your spec! Keep it positive.

EDIT: Please keep things constructive, posts saying that x class is impossible to beat or insanely OP is not helping anyone get better at PvP, which was the point of this thread. Thank you.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2010-11-02 at 02:06 PM.

Deleted
    I'm a Warrior, I -really- hate being Disarmed, from Defias in Westfall to Rogues in Eye of The Storm I hate it.

Hmm. Anyone for a guide on how to kill paladins as ANY class in the lower brackets? :P

Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    When an spriest has full dots up + horror. Its game over for the warrior if he doesn't have titanium chain. 10seconds of rape while the Warrior, tickles you with his fingers.

The only way I can beat a good spriest is either I reflect their Horror back at them or I burst them early in the game. Otherwise, the longer the fight goes, the shorter I live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.
    HAHA Love this post!

Im a druid, and my Thorns kills warriors/rogues/dks all the time bc they are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    Im a druid, and my Thorns kills warriors/rogues/dks all the time bc they are stupid
    Remember folks, it's smart to only attack druid 5 seconds out of every 25. Because that glyph and that skill aren't OP at all. It's just that you're stupid to attack druids.

At all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi I'm an ele sham and an arcane mage. You need to learn what an interrupt is and you get a free HK.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still faceroll druids.

Ferals are a problem. Switch to bear to stack vengeance and then knock off half your hp.

L a m e.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Hi I'm an ele sham and an arcane mage. You need to learn what an interrupt is and you get a free HK.
    Clearly uv never heard of PVP gear.. or classes with interupts on long CDs...

Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    Hmm. Anyone for a guide on how to kill paladins as ANY class in the lower brackets? :P
    Hunter: Kite it.

As for Warriors beating Hunters?
    Hug them. Only intercept after they disengage, keep up hamstring, save fear for when you are disarmed.

And now we know....And knowing is half the battle!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    Hunter: Kite.

As for Warriors beating Hunters?
    Hug them. Only intercept after they disengage, keep up hamstring, save fear for when you are disarmed.
    You can hardly hug them via the charge -> hamstring way cause they normally put a trap up infront of them before the duel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a warlock, but i'm PvE geared and kinda suck in PvP environments. I am a easy kill nearly all the time, unless I get range on you - then you are dead ^_^

Tips ? hmm, lock out my shadow spells. That should freak me out enough to make me die instantly.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I'm a warlock, but i'm PvE geared and kinda suck in PvP environments. I am a easy kill nearly all the time, unless I get range on you - then you are dead ^_^

Tips ? hmm, lock out my shadow spells. That should freak me out enough to make me die instantly.
    You my friend, will likely die after an intercept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter: Charge, Disarm, Hug, Profit.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You my friend, will likely die after an intercept.
    Hell yeah I do, atleast I'm not affraid to admit it :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Hell yeah I do, atleast I'm not affraid to admit it :P
    <3

As an arms warrior, the most difficult class to PvP atm are,

1)Mage (ANY form)
    2)Priest (ANY form) <--- Shadowfiend's dmg is lame
    3)Feral Druids
    4)Prot Pally
    5)DKs (ANY form)

Quote Originally Posted by lousysuxor View Post
    You can hardly hug them via the charge -> hamstring way cause they normally put a trap up infront of them before the duel.
    Depends if they use the trap properly. In any case, the trap is no better than Hamstring, which means they wont really get away.