Thread: /played 80-85

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

/played 80-85

Hey,

for those in the beta, how long will it approximately take to level from 80 to 85? In hours preferrably?

Just to get an idea and if server first would be doable without sleep :P

I doubt it will be doable if you sleep between the time Cataclysm becomes active and you hit 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    One hundred hours!

omslemming
    wow man your actully thinking of going without sleep just to get an achivement in this game? you do know once you log off you havnt achieved squat dont you? lol not trolling but the obbsessiveness of some people towards there epeens is disturbing in this community....is it really worth it? how many people now do you think even know who got the realm firsts for tbc/wotlk etc? its like those people who shoot at reality tv shows because there convinced its a ticket to fame.......only on a LOT lower level then even that because even those who make say gratz in the gameworld wont give a shit in a few months....and it is just the gameworld not the realworld lol.

i dont envy those who go for realm firsts etc i pity them....for a game to become so much your forsake basic human needs,,,,that needs professional help lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess 2-3 Weeks of playing everyday.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually missed out on server first dwarf/pally on ravenholdt for wotlk because i did go get some sleep... dang pudge stayed up ><

I heard that 80-82 takes about 6ish hours (only 1.8 million exp per level same as WotLK). Then 82-85 takes about 2 days'ish with about 6 million exp per level. Not 100% just what I've heard.

Diesel 1/7H

Quote Originally Posted by omslemming View Post
    wow man your actully thinking of going without sleep just to get an achivement in this game? you do know once you log off you havnt achieved squat dont you? lol not trolling but the obbsessiveness of some people towards there epeens is disturbing in this community....is it really worth it? how many people now do you think even know who got the realm firsts for tbc/wotlk etc? its like those people who shoot at reality tv shows because there convinced its a ticket to fame.......only on a LOT lower level then even that lol
    It's called a hobby. People like you that take the label of a stereotypically overweight or anorexic gamer really do piss me off. What is so bad about having a hobby? It's fine to hav eone, it's how he enjoys his life. If I told you one of my hobbies was bodybuilding, you'd assume I was a normal person. If I told you I played WoW as one of my hobbies, you'd think I was socially inept.

i dont envy those who go for realm firsts etc i pity them....for a game to become so much your forsake basic human needs,,,,that needs professional help lol

We care that you care.

Quote Originally Posted by Reucht View Post
    Hey,

for those in the beta, how long will it approximately take to level from 80 to 85? In hours preferrably?

Just to get an idea and if server first would be doable without sleep :P
    Impossible to really say. Depends on if you are questing, running instances, grinding mobs, etc.

Anyways the other factor that makes it hard is that leveling from 80-82(83?) the xp is shortened on the beta for the time being. While 83-85 seem to be roughly right in terms of xp needed.

As it is now in beta it's:

80-81 1.6 million XP
    81-82 2 million
    82-83 4 million
    83-84 5 million
    84-85 6.5 million

After leveling 5 toons from 80-85 way back from when it was 6.5 million xp from 83 and up per level, I still think it's way faster than it was to get from 70 to 80.

4-5 days with moderate play. Nothing extreme.

IIRC, leveling in beta is currently sped up. Expect it to take as long as 70-80 took you.

Personally I think the achievements should be about /played time. Let them come naturally. Shortest /played to get from 80-85 gets them. Then everyone can be equally as competitive and have fun with it. Achievements for which unemployed, basement dweller can redbull his way to 85 first are sad.

That said.. still interested in seeing how much time it'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirash View Post
    IIRC, leveling in beta is currently sped up. Expect it to take as long as 70-80 took you.
    Hope you're wearing asbestos boxers. Everyone else who's said that in the dozens of other threads got flamed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirash View Post
    Stop going on with that. It's simple wrong. The leveling speed is tied very close to the time you take for a zone to complete.
    Hyjal puts you through level 80 to 82 - it takes 4-5 hours to complete
    Deepholm puts your a bit over 83 - it takes ~5 hours to complete
    Ulum puts you over level 84 - it takes you 4-5 hours to complete
    TH puts you a lot over 85 - it takes roughly 4 hours to get 85.

So it's somewhere between 16-20 hours if you know how to play. If you did a full log of prequesting, you'll reach level 81 in about 45 mins.

i actually missed out on server first dwarf/pally on ravenholdt for wotlk because i did go get some sleep... Dang pudge stayed up ><
    effing pudge

Deleted
    find a friend and do shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    Achievements for which unemployed, basement dweller can redbull his way to 85 first are sad.
    I have to say, I pity people who think that because someone wants to achieve X in a video game they must live in a basement. Likely posted from Mom's garage, IMO.

Knew a guy once, when I was playing more simulations, who wanted to play Silent Hunter III in "real time" - This meant that a mission that would take a "normal" person 1 hour to accomplish was likely going to take him 2-3 weeks. So he kept a journal ongoing on the Silent Hunter III forums of each mission he did, and every time someone would invariably post something like "OMFG u l00zer! Get a life! lolololololololol" which he, to his credit, mostly ignored while the "rest" of us argued over whether or not we thought this was awesome, insane, or a combination of the two.

Eventually we learned that this guy was independently wealthy, a bachelor, enormous apartment, surround sound strung through every room of his house... This guy was definitely NOT sucking down redbulls in his tattered boxers in his Mom's basement. In fact, he probably "played" the game less than any one of us who was arguing about his achievements on the forums: Most of the time he was doing something else, working out, acting as a consultant for tech companies, whatever he wanted. When the klaxon went out over his surround sound, that's really all he did aside from checking in on his navigator from time to time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is (TLDR Version): QFT.
    Last edited by Hadrin; 2010-11-03 at 08:06 PM.

Took a little less than a week once they fixed Hyjal and Vashj'ir so that you could actually go more than 2 quests in, so about as long as it takes to go 70-80 without going crazy about it. I'd guess a person could do it in 72 hours if they had previous knowledge of the quests and was lucky enough to not have a lot of competition from normal players, not to mention other people going for server firsts.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbykig View Post
    find a friend and do shifts.
    You don't need that. It's less than 24 hour playtime to reach 85.