Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Class/Race Combos in Cata

for leveling purposes.. what are the best class/race combos in cata? Your help is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc/Mage - Orc cause well their green and badass, mage cause they have the best looking tier 11.

I meant like, what is the best race for each class. Not just one in particular... but id think any mage would be bad ass enough.

if you're looking for best performance roll any class goblin :P their racials are OP
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

[Insert personal opinion here.]

Seriously, I have played every class from 1-60 in beta and they are all fun and efficient.

Pick which one you want to play and play it, and stop being a tool.

Why would i be a tool? If i want the best possible outcome from my character, wouldnt that make me a nerd?

Quote Originally Posted by JiB View Post
    Why would i be a tool? If i want the best possible outcome from my character, wouldnt that make me a nerd?
    The race and class doesn't make you any better at playing the game.

What I'm saying, is that there are some players who have picked the "wrong race" for their class and still trump others with skill.

It's not the race or the class, it's how you use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    for leveling purposes.. what are the best class/race combos in cata? Your help is appreciated.
    as far as i'm aware the choice of race still has a marginal impact on levelling ease, or speed. Such decisions matter more for endgame. Nobody really cares about min-maxing at low level unless they're a twink or have a specific goal in mind - do you?

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 03:23 AM ----------

oh and also as for best race for each class, well it depends on your goals. for pvp for example i'd tell a mage human is a great choice. For PvE i'd say they were better off with a gnome for the intellect (or gnome pvp as well for escape artist!) Horde wise i'd say a troll priest would be better for PvE for its berserking haste CD. but for pvp it might not be as useful depending on your playstyle.

you need to be clearer on what your playstyle is, do you want dps boosting racials or utility/mobility ones? With regards to levelling this stuff BARELY matters, choose based on preference as there is no 'best', there's just 'your style'
    Last edited by Will; 2010-11-11 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    as far as i'm aware the choice of race still has a marginal impact on levelling ease, or speed. Such decisions matter more for endgame. Nobody really cares about min-maxing at low level unless they're a twink or have a specific goal in mind - do you?
    This. If you are just talking about leveling, there isn't a best race/class combo. A gnome mage isn't going to level any faster than a human mage. Race only really effects end game and even then only by a percentage or 2. Just choose a race/class you like and go with that.

Female Dwarf Shamans

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    if you're looking for best performance roll any class goblin :P
    or worgen, same shit
    to OP: hmm, there are no best race for each class actually, instead there are obviously good races for each role (tank, heal, dd) For example, Tauren tank, Troll dd, Dranei heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Haté View Post
    The race and class doesn't make you any better at playing the game.

What I'm saying, is that there are some players who have picked the "wrong race" for their class and still trump others with skill.

A die-hard min/maxer tends to only have one or two choices when it comes to race. You're correct though, the benefits are small, and you should never choose a race you don't like just because you think it'll give you an edge.

You're wrong. Certain race/class/profession combos always yield higher max performance. A good example would be "troll" for the race, and "jewelcrafting", "blacksmithing", "engineering" for professions.

You can always get better results by min-maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by chogally View Post
    Female Dwarf Anything
    I like this a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    ummm read the racials and its pretty obvious. if ya cant figure that out on ure own /delete account and go play Hello Kitty Adventure Island
    To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women, that is what is best in life.

I'd pick the class you want to use at 85. Don't choose the best class for leveling. Leveling is easy no matter the class, but at levle 85 you start to notice the racial differences. My shaman use to be Tauren but i switched him to troll because 20% haste is awesome.

If you really want to pick a class/race for leveling speed:

I don't know if it's still true but Hunters are, traditionally, the fastest levelers.
    And so, I would say troll hunter is your best bet as just a general synopsis.

Now to break it down:

For Horde-

Trolls have +5% damage to beasts, increase crit chance with a bow equipped by 1%, and 20% attack speed on use ability.
    Orcs have +5% pet damage, and an on use AP ability(and stun reduction)
    Forsaken can cannabalize for 35% of their maximum health over 10 seconds every 2 minutes(fear, charm, and sleep trinket)
    Tauren have a aoe castable stun that can be nifty but won't really increase leveling speed
    Blood Elves have a small boost of Focus every 2 minutes with Arcane Torrent
    Goblins can leap forward or shoot a rocket every 2 mins, get portable bank access every 20 mins(nice for emptying bags), and a flat 1% haste bonus.

Alliance-

Dwarves get +1% crit with guns, and stoneform
    Humans get a pvp trinket every 3 minutes
    Night Elves can get out of combat with Shadowmeld, your pet has to die first. Can run back to their bodies faster if you die.
    Draenai can heal themselves every 3 minutes, and have a +1% hit chance
    Worgen can sprint, are their own mount, and have a flat 1% increased crit chance.

So those are all the hunter class/race combos. You can decide if you like something better than the classic Troll hunter but I think Troll Hunters are probably still the fastest.

I would still recommend picking the race/class combo you want to play at 85 though, unless you just like speed leveling to see how fast you can get a character from 1-85.

Sorry for being so inspecific; When i meant leveling, i meant the fact that i plan on leveling a few new toons.

The reason I asked was because i suggested a few race/class combos in which i planned on leveling when cata hits, and some people like some, and some said there were better options.. I dont really care what race to play.. i dont have any preference to begin with, i hope you get what i mean.

The race choice has nothing to do with leveling, its more endgame/pvp. Theres obviously some buffs better for pvp than raiding, but what you focus on is clearly player based and what they want that toon to do at 85.
    Last edited by JiB; 2010-11-11 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    orc/mage - orc cause well their green and badass, mage cause they have the best looking tier 11.
    but the neck-nuts! They don't go away!

D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

I like this a lot more.
    indeed