Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Here comes everyone getting a watered down version of The Insane. Oh and thanks for making me waste 40k and more than 10hours of pure grinding on some Shen'dralar Feat that probably wont be worth it.

To those who ay this is a compromise.....really? Removing a faction you were too lazy to get to exalted for 5 years without foricng you to level another hard reputation is a compromise? I'll call that a nerf to serve lazy unmotivated people who waitied till the last second.

The original feat of strenth was around for 2 years, and the faction itself for 5. If you dont have it by now you shouldn't have it.

I feel even worse for the very few people who have had bloodsail exalted before this, as the guy above me said.

Bottom line I will simply ask everyone who calims to be the insane to link Shendralar, same way I tell every so called Battlemaster to link Justicar.

Blizzard was right to remove it in the first place. I would LOVE to have Scarab Lord, but it can't be had anymore and so be it. I missed out. I didnt put in the time back when it was current content. Same should be said to those who did not complete the Insane on time.

15+ Year Old Account
    well im really happy this achievement is staying in gives me a chance to get it once i hit lvl 85 of course

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    oh god guys buying librams is hard work

You poor bastards that did the Bloodsail to exalted have my sympathies... couldn't bring myself to do that one. You should get something as well.
    You mean like the unique title they already have?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is utter bullshit, I demand the gold and time back for the Pristine Black Diamonds. Or at least the fact that these new scrubs get a downgraded title like "the Crazy", oh well maybe I can get a SECOND Insane without this massive money sink.

The only reason I personally haven't considered doing the Insane during this pre-cataclysm rush is because everyone else on my server is trying for it as well. Pristine Black Diamonds are going for 750-1500g each. I don't feel like dropping potentially 140k gold on a simple title that I know my friends got for a fraction of the price months ago. I'm glad they're removing Shen'dralar personally. It sucks huge balls to the people who got their librams, bloods, aboms and PBDs and dropped a lot of gold. It's unfortunate PBD's are so rare and expensive.

Good news ever... oh well, for some!
    I´m happy to hear this, past week(s) i gave away/sold the few things i had saved up randomly for Shen'dralar since
    i realised i would never have time to finish it in the time that was left. Atleast i´ll be able to do "... the Insane" it in Cata, when i get
    the time and feel like it, and can mix it up with all the new stuff the expansion brings.
    And hurray for new Darkmoon cards, my herbers gonna work those green fingers and paws alot when leveling!

I only have to say that the level of unfounded self-entitlement in this threat is really utterly amazing. And there I thought the Anzu-change was bad.

Jesus… are you twits really this petty?

I've done Shen'Dralar, and I've got to say, it's way easier and far less time-consuming than the Goblin Grind (Bloodsail up then the Trade Factions).

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a special title for having done it, I'm a title whore, and "Keristrazja of the Shen'Dralar" is one I'd wear proudly just to annoy people who waited and waited.

Shit happens, deal with it. I can't get Scarab Lord, or any of the PvP ranks on my main (Draenei from the beginning of BC), or the old Arena titles, but that's the way it works.

Remember one important truth about WoW– you are entitled to pay $15/mo (or whatever it is in your currency) to get whatever the hell Blizz gives you, and that's IT. If at the end of the day Blizz chooses to make bows shoot with fart sounds and give lv1 critters GodMode, that's what you'll get, and you'll keep right on playing like good little sheep.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Um so i have to do this grind all over again?

So, If i decide i want to get exalted with bloodsail after having completed the insane title, I need to go back to bootybay and kill 880 goblins for 22,000 rep. Then that will decrease my booty rep by 110,000 putting me back all the way to hated again. So since I took the time to do all this before cata, I get to do the worst part of the whole feat of strength again... and farm dire maul for 50 hrs... seriously? This is my reward, that and a crappy feat of strength? TY blizz

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how i feel about this change, personaly I had done the hard shen rep and was easily making a coupla thousand tarot cards... but i spent close to 15k buying 70 diamonds fore my brother who was doing this as a last ditch effort... that 15k cost me a mount... I'm realy realy... mixed up atm..

You've got to be kidding?

No, this is not another "let-me-whine-because-I-just-wasted-50k-gold-on-an-achievement" post...I received my "the Insane" title almost 2 years ago. I didn't buy a single libram or diamond and leveled up a rogue to 60 just to farm junkboxes. And yes, all you "well goodie for you, just be happy you have it" trolls, I indeed was very happy with my title...only a handful of us even had it on one of the most populated realms. What actually kind of made me laugh was how every Tom, Dick and Harry started complaining about libram/diamond/DMF prices and how it was unfair because "it was something I always wanted to do, but kept putting it off". When were you going to start? When you weren't pressured for content? Oh wait....

I was even fine with people scrambling to finish Shen'dralar and completing the rest of the FoS when Cata came out/when they had time (as I understand everyone's play times are different).

But to completely take it out of the requirement? It is indeed a slap in the face to everyone who has 1) completed it 2) those who just spent anywhere from 20k-50k gold trying to finish it...based on Blizz's statements of it's changes and 3) those who sold all the mats they had been hanging onto for who knows how long because they figured they'd never be able to finish it in time...based on Blizz's statements of it's changes...

The ironic part? Shen'dralar was basically what even made it "the Insane", lol. The rest is rather a joke.

Whelp, to those have/are about to complete it, cheer up mates! We get our very own FoS (supposedly )!! ...without a title (for the moment) or anything to distinguish the "real" Insanes. Yep, "sounds like a good compromise" indeed

Fake edit: to the trolls who will post about "epeens" and "it's just a game, nobody is unique" etc, I acknowledge and even agree with you...but this has nothing to do with either. The achievement neither awarded nerd points, nor made me "one-of-a-kind"...but "nerfing" a FoS is rather ridiculous, considering they're intended to not always be achievable.

Just my 2c...flame away
    Agree

I hate u guys I really do...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball View Post
    To those who ay this is a compromise.....really? Removing a faction you were too lazy to get to exalted for 5 years without foricng you to level another hard reputation is a compromise? I'll call that a nerf to serve lazy unmotivated people who waitied till the last second.

The original feat of strenth was around for 2 years, and the faction itself for 5. If you dont have it by now you shouldn't have it.

I feel even worse for the very few people who have had bloodsail exalted before this, as the guy above me said.

Bottom line I will simply ask everyone who calims to be the insane to link Shendralar, same way I tell every so called Battlemaster to link Justicar.

Blizzard was right to remove it in the first place. I would LOVE to have Scarab Lord, but it can't be had anymore and so be it. I missed out. I didnt put in the time back when it was current content. Same should be said to those who did not complete the Insane on time.
    Agree on every point !

Oh, all the nerd rage tears are sooo delicious...

Good for me, now I can get the achievement done in Cata at my own pace, big ol' casual that I am.

Major slap in the face for every1 who worked so hard for it ... i personally don`t have it but i know lots of guys on my server who spent tons of gold and hours getting this.
    You`re happy to announce the changes ... omg thannksss!!! Keep at it ... take away just about everything that makes you unique in this game just cause some slackers couldn`t bother to get this when they should have. Some1 here had a good point ... can we get Scarab Lord next mr blizz ? Pretty please with sugar on top ? You know i`ll just whine until you do otherwise....

I'm crying laughing at the people demanding a special trade in for rare, unobtainable mounts for this rep grind. A feat of strength is nice for you guys, Blizzard may even be nice and give you "of the Shen'dralar" which isn't as cool as "the insane" but oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    in what world was shendralar exalted hard to get? yep the last few weeks it was terrible with the pbd prices going up like "insane" ... the books drop like runecloth, goblins hated to friendly i got more than enough books, about 110 or so... phhsh ravenholdt was more of a pain and dont forget dmf pfahahaa

Who else heard the funky beat of "Insane in the Brain" while reading this?

Also, to you guys that already have exalted:

It's the same principle when you buy a new car. If you've really struggled to save up money to finally buy the car you want, and some weeks after you've gotten it, the car company decides to give that model a 20% discount. What are you gonna do about it? Go back and demand that you get 20% of the money you spent back? When you agree to do something that is entirely optional, and when Blizzard nerfs it(Nerfing optional content lol) YOU are in no way entitled to the same "benefits" or whatever, if you've already completed the deal/event/grind or something else of the same principle.
    Last edited by Nekhetyo; 2010-11-11 at 08:20 AM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

They should have just stayed the course and removed it. Only a very small percentage were upset. Hell 95% of the WoW population don't/didn't even care to begin with. I mean it wasn't like this was a boss that most people couldn't down and everyone was complaining to nerf it. It was a title that maybe 5% of the WoW population even cared about. Why they catered to such a small percentage is beyond me. Leave it out and that would have been that. People would have forgotten about it the week after Cata.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2010-11-11 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekhetyo View Post
    Who else heard the funky beat of "Insane in the Brain" while reading this?

Also, to you guys that already have exalted:

It's the same principle when you buy a new car. If you've really struggled to save up money to finally buy the car you want, and some weeks after you've gotten it, the car company decides to give that model a 20% discount. What are you gonna do about it? Go back and demand that you get 20% of the money you spent back? When you agree to do something that is entirely optional, and when Blizzard nerfs it(Nerfing optional content lol) YOU are in no way entitled to the same "benefits" or whatever, if you've already completed the deal/event/grind or something else of the same principle.
    Yeah, you can make all the cutesy analogies youd like, but the fact remains that this was extremely poorly handled, and made Blizzard look really wishy-washy.

They came out with a blue post that said Insane would be fine, then people relaxed. They said it would not be obtainable, and people spent a bunch of gold and time in a panic. Then they folded to the pressure of people, and nerfed it, screwing over those who had scrambled.

I understand that they have the option to change content at will, but dicking us around on something so costly and time consuming, was pretty unprofessional and very inconsiderate.