Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun View Post
    Plenty of classes have sprints and whatnot to reach friends quicker. How does one more sprint change that?
    Because a race having a sprint gives the sprint to classes that don't have one.

Compared to the goblin rocket jump I don't think it is all that powerful just because of the CD. The goblin jump is over in a flash sure, but I am willing to wager that you got to where you needed to go in about the same time a worgen could with speed boost. There are situations where it could trump rocket boots I suppose, but I can't think of any that stand out right now. Maybe going up hill? I just tried them both out and goblin jump actually carries you a good distance on a level surface, especially if you time it with a jump.

Worgen 3min cd
    Goblin 2 min cd

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Ataris View Post
    I don't get it either. So now Worgen have 1% extra crit and a 40% speed increase every 3 mins. The rest is flavor stuff(Two Forms and Running Wild).

Meanwhile Goblins have their personal bank, best possible discounts with all factions, rocket belt, rocket gloves and 1% extra haste.

Though I guess it'll make less people roll Worgen. That's always something.
    How is that 'something'? You should not design a race's racials with the goal to make it so less people play it. That's just ridiculous, and frankly, hardly fair. The Worgen racials have already received multiple nerfs or "balances". I don't see why this is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Kinda hard to stop a flag carrier if he pops darkflight to get to his mates asap before the other faction can get him. Once he's being healed and his mates are stopping the enemies, CC becomes pretty pointless.
    because rogue flag carriers are among the hardest to kill too, right? and by hardest i mean easiest
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by FrostWyvern View Post
    They have a rocket that does 6k damage at 85, from 100k hp. They have a 2 minute disengage, Who cares for the bank if you weren't so poor you'd have made Jeeves now if you're an engineer, I know I did to prepare me for cata levelling.
    It may only be 6k, but free damage is free damage. If I weren't so poor? Lol, I forgot everyone is an engineer so everyone should have jeeves. It's not just that having a bank with you at all times is useful, but having it as a racial from level 1 is crazy. Do you understand how useful that is while leveling?

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Because a race having a sprint gives the sprint to classes that don't have one.
    No duh. I was referring to the person saying that it was op because it lets you reach friends quicker, when just about every class already has a way to do that.

Well, that rules out Worgen Feral, as basically the racial will do absolutely nothing for Cat Form - ferals run faster than this "sprint" lets you run anyway.

Extremely underwhelming.

What is there to discuss?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostWyvern View Post
    And for most of the classes 1% crit is better than 1% haste.
    I don't know where you heard that, but no.

Deleted
    We need more pointless crying! Bring out the crying! Let's cry about how easy heroics will be in tier 13 while we're at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine Mages might be the reason. Being able to blink and then use a 70% speed increase as a Frost Mage....... deadly

a nerf is a nerf even if it's not on live -.- do you people get the concept of "words"?

if you get snared (all classes can snare) goblin blink is almost infinitely better than increasing running speed, especially in pvp most of the time it will get you out of dmg range instantly and be harder to get slowed again.

1% haste is guaranteed dps increase unlike crit which is RNG based -.-

It may only be 6k, but free damage is free damage. If I weren't so poor? Lol, I forgot everyone is an engineer so everyone should have jeeves. It's not just that having a bank with you at all times is useful, but having it as a racial from level 1 is crazy. Do you understand how useful that is while leveling?[COLOR="red"]
    you can get a portable bank from the argent tourny and a mobile bank isnt that useful while leveling get some 18 slot bags on my server they are like 10g each and youll have enough bag slots to hold more then what u need while leveling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    How is that 'something'? You should not design a race's racials with the goal to make it so less people play it. That's just ridiculous, and frankly, hardly fair. The Worgen racials have already received multiple nerfs or "balances". I don't see why this is necessary.

It was more of a joke. :3

But if this is going to stay this way I'd at least like to see it reduced to 2 mins. I don't see why it needs to be 3 now.

Please don't say you didn't see this one coming. I mean cmon, even from day 1, you knew it was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    you can get a portable bank from the argent tourny and a mobile bank isnt that useful while leveling get some 18 slot bags on my server they are like 10g each and youll have enough bag slots to hold more then what u need while leveling
    You can't get the argent tourney bank at lvl 1. It doesn't matter how big your bags are. Getting rid of things that are taking up bag space that you aren't using is extremely useful while leveling.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Please don't say you didn't see this one coming. I mean cmon, even from day 1, you knew it was OP.
    Compared to goblin and all the other horde racials? It was just about right if not still a little underpowered.

You can't get the argent tourney bank at lvl 1. It doesn't matter how big your bags are. Getting rid of things that are taking up bag space that you aren't using is extremely useful while leveling.[COLOR="red"]
    vendor junk when u are in town handing in quests...ive leveled alot of alts and their bags never fill up and half the time when im in town i forget to clear their bags even herb/miner alts dont come close to filling up 88 bags slots

Rocket Jump - 2 Min CD - The Goblin Racial nearly instantaneously propels you forward, and for the duration of the effect it does not take into account any slowing effects, you will almost always jump forward nearly the same amount so long as you're not jumping uphill. In addition it will nearly instantly yank you out of range of a ranged assailant.

Darkflight - 3 Min CD - The Worgen Racial will get you about that same distance over 10 seconds, however during that time you are subject to roots, snares and other immobilizing/speed reduction abilities. In addition if you are fleeing, you will likely remain in range of your enemy for far longer than a "Blink" type ability, giving them ample time to kill you or slow you.

Still the best pvp racial for priests in a pvp scenario imo, can't kite a priest to avoid the fear as he can catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    SHARED COOLDOWN WITH SPRINT

I mean, c'mon. If Sprint was sooooooo overpowered, don't you think there'd be more rogues?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    vendor junk when u are in town handing in quests...ive leveled alot of alts and their bags never fill up and half the time when im in town i forget to clear their bags even herb/miner alts dont come close to filling up 88 bags slots
    Not everyone gets frostweave bags for every character at lvl 1. Some people, believe it or not, are new or inexperienced, and it's incredible for them.

Let's look at it this way. You get something that someone normally would have to give up a profession slot a decent amount of gold and time leveling it to 450, at lvl 1 as soon as you spawn into the game.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Still the best pvp racial for priests in a pvp scenario imo, can't kite a priest to avoid the fear as he can catch up.
    It might have been helpful before. But 40% is such a pathetic amount for a 3 min cd, you won't notice it much.