Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why are people so focused on the PVP aspects of running wild? An extra speed boost isn't game-breaking for FC's anyways.

Having an extra speed boost in the PVE world is very powerful. Imagine an alliance guild with a good portion of their raiders having this speed boost. They can get out dangerous mechanics like defile/void zones/fire that much quicker and get back to DPSing/healing. When everyone has a speed boost, mechanics such as defile become a lot less dangerous. Also, I believe Paragon complained about the OPness of this racial in the beta forums and said they were considering switching to alliance just for this.

Alliance and Horde alike will feel this nerf. It was probably the best pvp racial for the alliance, and now its nerfed, well, there is less draw for horde players to reroll/race change. So, yeah, shitty worgen racial, 30 min horde queues. Bon apetite

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Alliance and Horde alike will feel this nerf. It was probably the best pvp racial for the alliance, and now its nerfed, well, there is less draw for horde players to reroll/race change. So, yeah, shitty worgen racial, 30 min horde queues. Bon apetite
    Maybe if they would make alliance racials not so terrible, more people would play them and the queues would be shorter. OMG THAT WAS SO HARD TO COME UP WITH.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Now you know how Tauren bear druids love their "War Stomp" that they can't actually use in bear form.
    OMG, I have to shapeshift which doesn't take a gcd just to use a racial cc. My diamond shoes are too tight and my wallet won't fit in my pocket from all the $100 bills inside.

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun View Post

It might have been helpful before. But 40% is such a pathetic amount for a 3 min cd, you won't notice it much.
    You will notice when you are chasing someone very close to you who is kiting you, both walking at the same speed and you activate it...

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    Anybody that has been around for a while saw the nerf coming.

I don't rightly know why, but Blizzard never thinks anything through before announcing it and sometimes doesn't test much before implementing. I'm not exaggerating (just a few examples):

WotLK:
    1) Pilotable aircraft in Wintergrasp on the WotLK box.
    2) DKs at WotLK launch.
    3) Wintergrasp being imbalanced on almost all servers for 95% of the expansion it was released for.

Cata:
    1) Path of Titans removed.
    2) "We didn't initially think Reforging would be so game-changing."
    3) Announced racials.

...etc.
    You forgot to add in there: New dances / dance Studio :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kilani View Post
    Rocket Jump - 2 Min CD - The Goblin Racial nearly instantaneously propels you forward, and for the duration of the effect it does not take into account any slowing effects, you will almost always jump forward nearly the same amount so long as you're not jumping uphill. In addition it will nearly instantly yank you out of range of a ranged assailant.

Darkflight - 3 Min CD - The Worgen Racial will get you about that same distance over 10 seconds, however during that time you are subject to roots, snares and other immobilizing/speed reduction abilities. In addition if you are fleeing, you will likely remain in range of your enemy for far longer than a "Blink" type ability, giving them ample time to kill you or slow you.
    rocket jump is also a fixed distance lets say its 30 yards your opponent (or their hitbox atleast) is 31 yards away your still out of range if they are only 15 yards away its useless since all you would do is end up on the opposite side of them
    also some classes do have the ability to make themself immune to slows/snares or atleast remove them darkflight would be best used when you have them available

and the worgen one will send u alot further then that in its time...i could probably walk (not run) the rocket jump distance in 10 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlkodlak View Post
    Combined with dash + speed buff in BG, ye a bit OP...
    Dont stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitex View Post
    I also agree its a real shame it was nerfed. Worgen have it bad enough with racials compared to goblins, now they are just salting the wound.
    Then don't roll a worgen, simple.

I for one like the idea of becoming my own mount and being able to xchange my toons form from Human and Worgen when i am in town.

Deleted
    You obviously have some serious issues.. also you do realize that "War Stop" isn't instant, so no sane tank would ever use it.
    Luckily. AoE instant stun? It's already a fantastic ability.

You can still travel a much farther distance with the worgen 40% sprint than you can with the goblin rocket jump. Except you can steer the worgen one. And like others said, it'll probably lose the shared cooldown with other sprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    You will notice when you are chasing someone very close to you who is kiting you, both walking at the same speed and you activate it...
    And then you get snared and it's worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Changes made in beta are not nerfs. The reason for beta is to test and balance shit, ya know?

It's still better than most racials.
    This^

Although why was the goblin racial not re-balanced at the same time? It is pretty insane in the current incarnation.

And then you get snared and it's worthless.
    Like you can't get snared otherwise, stop being ignorant.

You obviously have some serious issues.. also you do realize that "War Stop" isn't instant, so no sane druid tank would ever use it.
    We were talking about tanking? I meant pvp. It's only a half second cast time anyway.

Now... My question is this. If a Goblin and Worgen ran along side by side on a flat surface and used both their racials. Are they going to end up at the same point in a set time? Let's give them 15 seconds.

How about on a downward slope? Since Goblins can take advantage of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Like you can't get snared otherwise, stop being ignorant.
    You can, but if you were goblin and not worgen, you could pop rocket jump and get away since you can't slow someone in the air. So, goblins are better, blizzard is biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    They don't stack. A Druid sprinting and then taking the speed boots in WSG would not be moving at a combined Dash+WSG boots speed - the higher of the two overwrites.
    not what hes talking about most likely. think he means using the speed boots, then the druid sprint after that wears off, then darkflight, and youd practically be back in your flag room already.

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    Now... My question is this. If a Goblin and Worgen ran along side by side on a flat surface and used both their racials. Are they going to end up at the same point in a set time? Let's give them 15 seconds.

How about on a downward slope? Since Goblins can take advantage of that.
    Flat surface, worgen would probably win, but that's with no one trying to stop you. If you have someone snaring you left and right, it would take you a much longer time to even reach where the goblin landed.

Lol at the people saying it's still a good racial. Any long cd sprint ability needs to be at least 50% or it's extremely weak. Certain classes can move at 40% indefinitely. It didn't need to be nerfed. Goblins already have incredible racials that aren't being touched. They just have to make sure their precious little horde babies get ez mode.
    You do realize that the Goblin rocket jump was nerfed already early on in Beta right? Blizzard is not just picking on Worgen, give me a break, they are just balancing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    It's still better than most racials.
    Nerfed or not, the above is true.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥