Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had the old wow mouse for around 7 months, then the mouse wheel broke. I've had two steelseries headsets, one was broken since I got it shipped, the other one held for around 4 months. Moral of the story; steel series products have shitty quality (in my experience).

I would recommend either getting Razer naga original or molten edition. They're virtually exactly the same, depends on what looks get you off the most. Razer Naga epic is a big step forward with the detachable left side of the mouse for customizable comfort, but the downside with it is that the two side buttons that are on the original naga are moved to a really awkward position, smack down the middle of the mouse. You'll accommodate to the extra buttons in no time, if you can handle having a week or maybe two where you suck ass, just to learn it. It will all be worth it.

The steel series mouse won't change your game, the naga will.

I stick with Logitech for my mice and keyboards and I've never been wronged.

Quote Originally Posted by Vane View Post
    How about a regular mouse with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. If you need more advanced hardware than that to not suck, then well, you suck.
    Bad statement is bad. It has nothing to do with skill, it has to do something with the whole experience. If you wanna play with a crappy mouse, then fine, i won't stop you, but don't come crying when you found out after 4 years the other mouse indeed was much nicer to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei_Sin View Post
    Because WoW requires the same levels of concentration, dedication, skill and technology as driving a formula 1 car....
    It's exactly the same principle tho.

I'm pretty sure Michael Schumacher can still drive like a pro on a regular car
    That was my point.

Deleted
    Hmm, just checked out the "the right mouse for the right hand" at Razer: http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide...rightmouse.php
    It seems that the Naga and the Deathadder are in the same grip section, which is setting off some cow bells in my head.

How about a regular mouse with 2 buttons and a scrollwheel. If you need more advanced hardware than that to not suck, then well, you suck.
    So using equipment to get better is bad? Even if you're the best you still want to play with the best gear there is. This applies to sports and a lot of other things in life too. Stop trying to be a smartass when you're not smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayEighty View Post
    ... except for the low high pitch noise.
    well smack my ass and call me judy!

would you believe i had never noticed that until you said it?!

you can bet its gonna annoy me from now on!

One thing you should know about that Razor is the fact that it's smaller than most mice. I had that mouse at one time ad it's definitely smaller than any mouse I have ever owned. So much so that I returned it a week later. If you have larger hands like me, then I wouldn't bother wasting your money.

razer all the way, their products are just awesome.

Zanno: really? well the first time i switched from some crappy m$ mouse to razer copperhead was just "what the heck? HUUUUUUGE :O".. or maybe it's just because i have small skinny hands.. well, i'm female :b
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayEighty View Post
    Hmm, just checked out the "the right mouse for the right hand" at Razer: http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide...rightmouse.php
    It seems that the Naga and the Deathadder are in the same grip section, which is setting off some cow bells in my head.
    I changed from claw to palm when I got my naga, without thinking about it. The Naga is definitely a palm grip mouse. It just fits perfectly into your hands.

Get yourself Logitech G9x Laser mouse, absolutely brilliant (maybe apart of the middle button which is too hard to press compared to other models)...

and if you don't want the Logitech for some reason, then get the Razor, don't whatever you do buy the SteelSeries... I had the original, got rid of it becouse after just 2 weeks of use paint started to wear off, it looked nice at first, but it had plasticky feel and it didn't automaticaly change profiles, it was complicated in setup too, the SS is sh*t... maybe if they were actually made of STEEL then it would be worth it...

All those teams at MLG are terrible for using multi-button mice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iPriest View Post
    well smack my ass and call me judy!

would you believe i had never noticed that until you said it?!

you can bet its gonna annoy me from now on!
    To be perfectly honest. This is the main reason why I am looking for a new mouse.
    Now when you're actually in a game, doing something, you don't hear it.
    But when you're just surfing around, that's when it starts getting annoying.

I had a razer naga for a long time, then i went back to a old Logitech mx518 because i didn't use half the buttons, hell i only used about 3 on the naga :P They were too dificult to press to be reactive in pvp.

Great mouse for PvE tho.

P.S. The Scroll Wheel on my mouse got squeaky already after a few days of use. Was pissing me the hell off :<

MY dream mouse tho is the Razer Mamba
    Last edited by Alienmonkey; 2010-11-20 at 12:46 PM.
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

I personally would say neither.
    I use a G500 and love it. Might look into that.

If you must pick one, I would go with the Razer. I dislike both products, but my personal experience with the first WoW mouse Steel Series made make it so I can't really suggest it at all. I have held and toyed around on a Naga for a bit, I didn't like it much. Found it too small when compared to my G500.

Oh and what do you mean by "except for the low high pitch noise."?

Deleted
    As I am a bit concerned about the grip, I have thought about going to a store that sells the Razor Naga and trying it out.
    But I'm a bit of a germophobe, don't know who has had their hands on all those mice.

I'm pretty sure Michael Schumacher can still drive like a pro on a regular car.
    No he can't ;]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4zZEAOkNM

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    kayboard bindings are much faster to press than lateral mouse binds, so i'm running with a Razer Lachesis
    nothing is faster than mousebinds . Next step is automatic response provided by some sort of bots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer Naga is game changing.
    Can;t wate till Razer bring out the Onza for xbox <3
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
    Oh and what do you mean by "except for the low high pitch noise."?
    You're not going to like me after I tell you this, but hold up your mouse to your ear, near the scrollwheel.