Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    I am going to be annoying now because I am just a HUGE fan of well made stuff (Manga, Anime and just Art), and I would like to see it in the best quality possible, but if you don't want to watch it at its highest quality, I can still advice you to at least watch it in 480p.
    The sound from the video will be doubled in quality that way, and it will not ask too much from your PC/Internet connection
    Hah, tell that to my mother "hey it doesnt make it alot slower if i improve the quality of my videos, just like twice as much" when she gets cranky that she died from lagg

I do enjoy good art and quality, i wouldnt have as much music and pictures saved on my computer, sadly im running on a low connection and a gaming mother aint always as big plus as people might think

by the way its just "usually", stuff like TSFH, Audiomachine and X-ray dog deserves nothing less than the best (eg Gothicus,Flameheart, Dethroned) along with some AMVs and the like, but really just for viewing once i dont balst up to the highest quality
    Last edited by Deamoneyes; 2010-11-18 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I watched the whole thing. I just think most people liked it due to the nudity & Bloody Violence, rather then the story development. And I think the creators decided to go towards that fan-base as well.
    hmm, may be true. but i don't remember it getting even worse nearing the end (has been a while since i last watched it though).
    Really? What site do you read this on?
    anisearch.de
    probably the best and most professional german site for anime ratings and comments. there are a lot of very experienced anime fans who post very long and detailed high-class comments, although some unpopular animes have only a few comments.
    Also: It might be personal appreciation
    of course^^
    I do not mind some Echi Anime, although I dislike it when its overused.
    same here.
    Every character had his/her own story line which was explained throughout the Anime and also explained why they had bonds to "The Demon King".
    It might be my lack of Anime Experience, but I for one found this a very good Anime, and enjoyed watching it.
    it's normal for this kind of animes to have arcs for most of the female characters, but i read that they become more or less shallow harem girls over the course of the story.
    Lot (not claiming all) of the Music contained in OP's and ED's are created just for that Anime, and I consider them to be a piece of art worth watching once in a while.
    i agree, but the quality isn't really important to me in this case, since i watch them mostly for memories anyway (and those memories are in hd anyway xD).
    Everything except for Kanon & Wolf's Rain
    if you've seen all of the drama/romance animes i've listed, you totally need to watch Kanon 2006!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deamoneyes View Post
    I do enjoy good art and quality, i wouldnt have as much music and pictures saved on my computer, sadly im running on a low connection and a gaming mother aint always as big plus as people might think
    xD

well i watch the videos in the highest resolution most of the time, but many don't even have a higher one than 320.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    /facepalm
    muuuuuuu T, T

don't facepalm me... it makes me feel like a teen girl...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    don't facepalm me... it makes me feel like a teen girl...
    gao :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    That girl looks like a girl from Kanon
    she's the leading character of Air, and there isn't really a girl that looks like her (childlike, blond, long ponytail) in Kanon.
    but Kanon, Air and Clannad are from the same studio so the style is very similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have such a wide spectrum, but here's what I'd definately recommend:
    Full Metal Alchemist (Brotherhood and Vanilla, great starters with overall high quality)
    Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann (Lots of fun, action, and a little tragedy in the mix)
    The World God Only Knows (Sort of romantic comedy from a gamer nerd perspective)
    Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute, very strange but quite entertaining)
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Deleted
    Sy, i've gotta admid its rather difficult to keep watching Kanon 2006 and i'm going to keep my statement of most random anime ever, i mean its not like its in a fantasy world but still all this otherworldy stuff happens. Is in my opinion very random. :/ Going to try finish this anime tough but its gonna take longer.
    Last edited by mmocbf88f2f1d0; 2010-11-20 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Removed spoilers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by futomara View Post
    Sy, i've gotta admid its rather difficult to keep watching Kanon 2006 and i'm going to keep my statement of most random anime ever
    actually Kanon is partly fantasy, it's supposed to be a modern fairy-tale. it's not a fantasy world where everything is easily explained by "lol magic", but that isn't necessary to make it very fairy-tale-ish
    and the demonhunter story isn't "out of nothing" if you watch the whole story, it's explained quite well. of course it's not explained at the beginning, that would be completely boring for everyone who likes a good story.

proves my point though: more mature, complex and deep stories aren't for every person and age, as many people simply won't understand them or be overwhelmed if not every part of the story is explained in detail as soon as it shows up.

again, i'm not trying to offend anyone and i know that may sound arrogant. but what i'm trying to say is just that there are animes for kids and animes for adults. both have their audience and both aren't really suited for the other.
    now i don't know how old you are of course, but i probably wouldn't have liked (and understood) Kanon with, for example, 13 years either.

on a sidenote, please don't put spoilers in your posts, many people here have not seen Kanon yet and will maybe want to watch it one time.
    please edit your post and delete the spoilers. it's totally enough to say "the fantasy things of [insert girls names here] story don't fit and are totally random" (for example), without telling people what the stories are about...
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-20 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    Sy, i edited my post and i didn't know it was a fairy tale the anime makes a bit more sense now.

ps: Added Ironman to my collection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one on the list that i knew was lucky star

10+ Year Old Account
    Sy, i edited my post and i didn't know it was a fairy tale the anime makes a bit more sense now.
    thanks for editing. and many of the drama/romance animes i like are a little fantastic and/or can be seen as modern fairy tale

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Only one on the list that i knew was lucky star
    well if you're interested in good animes aside the mainstream/teen ones, you should take a look at some of them
    i could give you more specific advice if you tell me what kind of series/story/anime you like.

oh and Lucky Star ftw xD

(i love the subs)
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-11-20 at 07:13 PM.

Deleted
    Well I finished watchin kanon 2006, I have to admit I liked it tough I still find it the most random anime I'ff ever seen :P.

Well I finished watchin kanon 2006, I have to admit I liked it tough I still find it the most random anime I'ff ever seen :P.
    Excel Saga would like to have a talk with you about that statement ..or actually Dai Mahou Touge might jsut be even more random...

*goes back to patient waiting for sy to look over the last few animes i posted* or not... sleep :x
    Last edited by Deamoneyes; 2010-11-20 at 09:43 PM.

I had a long list to suggest but Sy named most of them.. so instead, here are two shows. Xp

- School Rumble
    I really love this anime. School Rumble is "A romance comedy centering on relationships between Japanese high school students, School Rumble focuses on a love triangle involving the series' two protagonists, Kenji Harima and Tenma Tsukamoto, and one of their classmates, Oji Karasuma. The series often discards realism in favor of comedic effect." It's about 52 episodes long with about 4 or 7 (I can't recall) OVAs. I've watched all of them at the beginning of this year and plan to watch it all again this or next month. Said by some to be similar to Ouran High School Host Club. Season 1 - Season 2

- Shikabane Hime (Corpse Princess)
    Lots of action, some romance I suppose, and some drama. I finished 25/26 of Shikabane Hime two weeks ago. I would have watched 26 but it's DVD only and I can't seem to find it on the Internet. T.T Plot: "After being murdered, Makina Hoshimura turns into a "living corpse". Armed with dual MAC-11 submachine guns, she must kill 108 other corpses in order to gain entry into heaven. She is assisted in this task by Keisei Tagami, a Buddhist priest with links to an anti-corpse group known as the Kougun Sect. Her ultimate goal is to avenge the death of her family, by destroying the corpses known as the Seven Stars." So far, everyone I recommended this anime to has loved it. Seasons 1 & 2

Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.
    All hail Garrosh Hellscream!
    I've fallen for a woman... without a pulse. -- Forsaken afficionado. <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    At first I thought that's the subs when they talk but it's still funny
    she's playing a mmo and chatting with her game friends

it's not! :P
    it's just more complex than the ones you probably knew before.

anyway, glad you liked it in the end

*goes back to patient waiting for sy to look over the last few animes i posted* or not... sleep :x
    waah, i totally forgot about them, sorry

looks like it's just a worse Shuffle. many very cute girls, not so much of everything else
    those two look good, may give them a try

Quote Originally Posted by Cathaenia View Post
    looks good and i would probably already have watched it, if it weren't for the many episodes.
    may watch it some time in the future when there aren't so many animes i'd still like to see.

Deleted
    Excel Saga would like to have a talk with you about that statement ..or actually Dai Mahou Touge might jsut be even more random...

Well random stuff is just Japan i gues, I just love that country ^^

Mitsudomoe (Humor)
    Arakawa Under the bridge (and bridge x bridge) (Comedy)
    Highschool of the dead (Action)
    Ookami-San (comedy)
    To aru mahotsu no index(Action)
    To aru kagaku no railgun(Action)
    And one of my favorite, kannazuki no miko <3 (romance, yuri (?), 1minute of giant robot battle per ep)

Deleted
    Btw you say you whant to watch more mature animes, so i'm just here to say that naruto, bleach, one piece and fairy tail also have some serious drama moments they do it very well you can see the love and what they stand for. just saying you should give one of them a try. I woulrd recomend One Piece tbh.
    Last edited by mmocbf88f2f1d0; 2010-11-21 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw you say you whant to watch more mature animes, so i'm just here to say that naruto, bleach, one piece and fairy tail also have some serious drama moments they do it very well you can see the love and what they stand for. just saying you should give one of them a try. I woulrd recomend One Piece tbh.
    drama and romance doesn't equal "for a mature audience".
    and all for of them have 50+ episodes, so not gonna watch them anytime soon at least^^

although you do have a point: Naruto, Bleach and One Piece sure are popular for a reason, so i may try them (or One Piece at least) one time.

I am disappointed that you haven't watched Ghibli stuff yet =[