Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

TERA Online [new] in-game footage

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/g-...07705?type=flv

*In game graphics, not pre-rendered or something

Enjoy.
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2010-11-20 at 04:40 PM.

It looks great. That isn't a very good thing for MMOs though. It's going to require top pc specs, which are a minority in the MMO community.

Anyways, this seems to be another Asian grind MMO. Not my style.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treston323 View Post
    It looks great. That isn't a very good thing for MMOs though. It's going to require top pc specs, which are a minority in the MMO community.
    +What are the minimum system requirements to run TERA?

TERA will be playable on any gaming computer assembled in the last four years. Although not finalized, here are TERA's minimum system requirements:

- Intel Core Duo 2 Processor
    - 2 GB RAM
    - NVidia GeForce 7600 or ATI Radeon X1800 GTO

Anyways, this seems to be another Asian grind MMO. Not my style.
    +How will I level up in TERA?

Our goal is to make every action involved in leveling up organic to the overall story and the individual player and group/guild goals. Quests are the primary method for gaining experience. The pacing of the game and the leveling-up process is something we're constantly refining through our focus group tests and ongoing beta tests. Our production team is working very closely with the development team in Korea to ensure that the game feels good to Western audiences.

This time around I'll ask the WoW community not to instantly mark asian games as "grind-fest".

Please read: TERA Online FAQ

And:

+Who is En Masse Entertainment? (TERA publisher in NA)

En Masse Entertainment is a US-based game publishing company spearheading all aspects of TERA's release in North America. It is comprised of industry veterans who share a passion for gaming.

Our mission statement:

"En Masse is dedicated to bringing players the best massively multiplayer online games in the world. Every game we make meets or exceeds the highest standards of production quality while providing a secure, well-supported, and enjoyable gameplay environment and a gamer-centric approach to community that engages players worldwide."

Visit www.enmasse.com for more information.

They are either bullshitting with those minimum requirements, or the game must look pretty shitty on low settings lol.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted
    They are either bullshitting with those minimum requirements, or the game must look pretty shitty on low settings lol.
    Eh, no. I quoted you something from the official websites FAQ ... I even backed this up with informations about who En Masse actually is... :<

The game looks too much like Aion for my taste. I just recently quit WoW, so I'm not going to go play another fantasy MMO. I'm waiting for SW:TOR for a nice change.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted
    The game looks too much like Aion for my taste. I just recently quit WoW, so I'm not going to go play another fantasy MMO. I'm waiting for SW:TOR for a nice change.
    SW: TOR is "another fantasy game". ^_^ But have fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Epsi View Post
    SW: TOR is "another fantasy game". ^_^ But have fun..
    It's Sci-FI. Not a dungeon and dragon type fantasy.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

well

Lineage 2(made by pretty much the same company)didnt look all that great eather.but imo,it was faaaaaar better then world of warcraft.the games dead now though

Deleted
    It's Sci-FI. Not a dungeon and dragon type fantasy.
    Eh, "ok".

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    well

Lineage 2(made by pretty much the same company)didnt look all that great eather.but imo,it was faaaaaar better then world of warcraft.the games dead now though
    And the westernization the game is getting from a company which consists of people who took part in the development of all games so far (including all Blizzard titles and GW).

Don't really like the graphic style. :/

Deleted
    Changed the trailer with full HD english voice-acting version...

It looks great, but I'm skeptical to new MMO's - I'll probably try out every major MMO games scheduled for a release, but I doubt they would beat WoW.

Deleted
    Yay, more anime style asian grind fests.

Deleted
    Your sig speaks for your IQ. :>

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 08:27 PM ----------

TERA Fans G*Star 2010 Coverage

A lot of informations! :>

It looks nice but is the gameplay good as well?

15+ Year Old Account

TERA will be playable on any gaming computer assembled in the last four years. Although not finalized, here are TERA's minimum system requirements:

- 2 GB RAM

Our goal is to make every action involved in leveling up organic to the overall story and the individual player and group/guild goals. Quests are the primary method for gaining experience. The pacing of the game and the leveling-up process is something we're constantly refining through our focus group tests and ongoing beta tests. Our production team is working very closely with the development team in Korea to ensure that the game feels good to Western audiences.

This time around I'll ask the WoW community not to instantly mark asian games as "grind-fest".

And:

En Masse Entertainment is a US-based game publishing company spearheading all aspects of TERA's release in North America. It is comprised of industry veterans who share a passion for gaming.

Our mission statement:

"En Masse is dedicated to bringing players the best massively multiplayer online games in the world. Every game we make meets or exceeds the highest standards of production quality while providing a secure, well-supported, and enjoyable gameplay environment and a gamer-centric approach to community that engages players worldwide."

It is another Korean grind fest that En Masse is doing localization work for. Here is the real producers of the game.

About Bluehole Studio
    Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, Bluehole Studio, Inc. aspires to become the preeminent global MMORPG developer through its unwavering belief in its people and its core values. Bluehole formed in 2007 with an intense focus on attracting pioneers and innovators with a shared vision to create the next flagship MMORPG for the global market. The studio’s inaugural title, TERA, is scheduled to launch in Korea in 2010 and features a dynamic battle system, next-generation graphics and a gamer-centric community experience. For more information, visit Bluehole.net/eng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    It is another Korean grind fest that En Masse is doing localization work for. Here is the real producers of the game.

About Bluehole Studio
    Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, Bluehole Studio, Inc. aspires to become the preeminent global MMORPG developer through its unwavering belief in its people and its core values. Bluehole formed in 2007 with an intense focus on attracting pioneers and innovators with a shared vision to create the next flagship MMORPG for the global market. The studio’s inaugural title, TERA, is scheduled to launch in Korea in 2010 and features a dynamic battle system, next-generation graphics and a gamer-centric community experience. For more information, visit Bluehole.net/eng.
    Silence! He will insult your IQ!

Deleted
    When will people stop with their idiotic prejudices? If you wouldnt lack on common sense, and spent atleast 2 minutes reading the FAQ, you'd realize how useless your post is.

1.) En Masse is not only localization TERA in the NA, they completly westernizise the client for us

+What does Westernization mean, exactly? Are you just translating the Korean version?

Westernization means taking the core Korean version of TERA and making it appeal to a more Western - specifically North American and European - audience. Audiences have different expectations of games in different parts of the world, and playing MMOs in Korea is a different kind of experience than playing them in the West. We have a team of writers who are fashioning the game's lore and plot, writing dialogue, and creating quests and story from the ground up. The game that will launch in North America will have significant differences from the Korean version.

1b) It wont be a "grind fest"

2) I never said that En Masse is the producer. Bluehole Studios is. There are several different publishers around the world for TERA.

EU (France, Germany, England) - Frogster (using the westernized client of En Masse)
    NA - En Masse
    Korea - NHN

About Bluehole Studio
    Exactly.

They work hand in hand with the 3 producers - like the newest client at G*Star and the client before showed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Silence! He will insult your IQ!
    I'll always question peoples IQ, whenever someone lacks to express himselves in a more intelligent way than "Yay, more anime style asian grind fests." = Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by quiz View Post
    It looks nice but is the gameplay good as well?
    TERA Fans G*Star 2010 Coverage

If you didnt check this out yet, you should now. :>
    Last edited by mmoce04a3b2ccc; 2010-11-22 at 02:22 PM.

- 2 GB RAM

And:

Our mission statement:

This is PRETTY much what NCSoft said about Aion and look how that turned out.

the leveling in aion was fine 1 -> 35 then the grind of doom started.
    Example: 49 -> 50 200 million EXP, while mobs where granting you 15k, or 120k if you where a ranger (killing elites, you where lucky if you had maybe 3 - 4 quests that gained you 150k EXP HURRDIDURR)

Those specs are bullshit there is no way in hell a machine like that would be able to handle anything else then the most basic questing, no world wide pvp at all (where there is a lot of characters to render).

In the end: TERA is just another Korean game, and i fear it will end up just like AION, a lot of promises and nothing more then that.
    Oh hi