Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm Collectors / Digital DL

I have ordered a collectors Ed from my local EB, so what I'm wondering is if I go and buy the digital DL will I still be able to use my collectors to get mini deathwing etc, the reason I would do this is I'm Australian so if I wait for the collectors I will be a good 2 hours behind the americans on my server :/

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Alynnea

No that wont work. You can only have one CDkey per account.

What you can do though is edit your Launcher file so you can download the files early and then when you get the CDkey from your collectors edition, you are ready to go.

Also, does it really matter if you don't play right at midnight?
    My advice is to go to bed and wake up early and then play all day

Deleted
    yeah it will work, u can upgrade ur account again and u will also get the old cataclysm key back, so that u can use it again.
    did the same with Wotlk. right now if u have a normal wotlk account u can upgrade it to a wotlk collectors edition account in ur account management

Actually I think you can do that, you'd be "wasting" a CD key though.
    People buy old Vanilla, BC, and WotLK collector's editions all the time nowadays and use them to upgrade their accounts.

You can upgrade the CD Key on your account at any time from regular to Collector's edition for any title you own, even original WoW.

Yeah you can do that because technically speaking, the Cataclysm Collector's Edition is an upgrade to the digital download.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithan View Post
    Also, does it really matter if you don't play right at midnight?
    My advice is to go to bed and wake up early and then play all day
    technically you only get to play at midnight if your in pacific time zone. im in Central so i have to wait until 2am. i believe many in central and east will be doing just that.

Also, you have to have the cd key on your account, so modifying the launcher wont let you into cataclysm early, it just means you dont have to pop the CD in when you get home. you can install and repatch later when you want the cinematics.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    You can upgrade the CD Key on your account at any time from regular to Collector's edition for any title you own, even original WoW.
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by Mithan View Post
    What you can do though is edit your Launcher file so you can download the files early and then when you get the CDkey from your collectors edition, you are ready to go.
    /curious

Ok, sounds like it should work then , also to the guy who responded first, I won't be up at midnight, cause in Australia cata goes live at 5pm, but our stores don't sell it till 6, then you have to count travel home, install times etc x3

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Alynnea

Quote Originally Posted by Alynnea View Post
    Ok, sounds like it should work then , also to the guy who responded first, I won't be up at midnight, cause in Australia cata goes live at 5pm, but our stores don't sell it till 6, then you have to count travel home, install times etc x3
    Are you sure about this? I went to EB yesterday and they said the servers go up at 7pm on tuesday (eastern time) and the game will be available most likely at a midnight launch on monday night. And even if there isn't a midnight launch it will be available as soon as stores open. If anything we are better off cause we have heaps of time to get the game before the servers go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitz View Post
    Are you sure about this? I went to EB yesterday and they said the servers go up at 7pm on tuesday (eastern time)
    Servers go live 6pm EST 7th December in Australia ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Servers go live 6pm EST 7th December in Australia ...
    Er no its 6pm PST right now and 1pm EST. That makes it 6 hours until midnight PST time, which is 7pm EST.

EDIT: Unless you are in a state that doesn't have daylight savings, ie QLD.
    Last edited by Frostbitz; 2010-11-22 at 02:04 AM.

Er no its 6pm PST right now and 1pm EST. That makes it 6 hours until midnight PST time, which is 7pm EST.

You are incorrect ... it goes live 6PM EST ... which is the time in eastern states without daylight savings.

What you are confusing with is 7PM EDT ... which is the same time as 6PM EST.

Get your facts right before confusing people next time Mr Frosty.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2010-11-22 at 02:44 AM.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Is a couple of extra hours of play worth the $40 USD? I won't play for at least a week because of exams so I think a few hours shouldn't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alynnea View Post
    I have ordered a collectors Ed from my local EB, so what I'm wondering is if I go and buy the digital DL will I still be able to use my collectors to get mini deathwing etc, the reason I would do this is I'm Australian so if I wait for the collectors I will be a good 2 hours behind the americans on my server :/
    why would you be behind an extra 2 hours? all the servers are launching cataclysm at the same time (not 4.0.3a, the actual game) reguardless of timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    why would you be behind an extra 2 hours? all the servers are launching cataclysm at the same time (not 4.0.3a, the actual game) reguardless of timezone
    Digital = start at exactly 12:01PST
    Boxed = buy at some time, drive home, install, configure - start some time after.

Unless you are in Australia - where we get to buy it on the 7th, and have it installed ready to go for launch time.

lolz its a 3 hour difference, not 6. and you have it backwards. 6 pst is 9 est.

Depends if you feel 2 hours of levelling is worth the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    lolz its a 3 hour difference, not 6. and you have it backwards. 6 pst is 9 est.
    Jeez - don't add to the confusion with extra information.

12:01PST == 6:01pm AEST == 7:01PM AEDT