Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gold transfer limit

is there a gold transfer limit when u faction change and if so how much is it?

this its 20k for a lvl 80

Any word if this limit is being raised for level 85 characters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii View Post
    When you faction change, there is no limit to what you take. Transfer limits only apply to realm changing.
    false, I couldn't xfer to horde because I had more then 20k for level 80
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikko View Post
    false, I couldn't xfer to horde because I had more then 20k for level 80
    Sorry, you're right. Too tired to think straight!

For the OP:
    Level 10 to 30: 300 gold
    Level 31 to 50: 1000 gold
    Level 51 to 69: 5000 gold
    Level 70 to 80: 20000 gold

If you have over 20K, buy gems etc and sell them when you change to get the gold back
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii View Post
    Sorry, you're right. Too tired to think straight!

For the OP:
    Level 10 to 30: 300 gold
    Level 31 to 50: 1000 gold
    Level 51 to 69: 5000 gold
    Level 70 to 80: 20000 gold

If you have over 20K, buy gems etc and sell them when you change to get the gold back
    thats actually a good idea, i wish i though of that I just gave my gold to my bf to take over for me / left some on my ally alt lol
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

20k is rediculous with a 1.000.000 Goldcap...

thats actually a good idea, i wish i though of that I just gave my gold to my bf to take over for me / left some on my ally alt lol
    That's a horrible idea right before a new expantion, no one will buy gems or old stuff!
    Last edited by Had; 2010-11-26 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Had View Post
    20k is rediculous with a 1.000.000 Goldcap...
    Totally agree, i had to leave 80k gold behind when i xfered because of that, and especially with faction change it shouldn't even be cap.

Quote Originally Posted by pelley View Post
    is there a gold transfer limit when u faction change and if so how much is it?
    Was that so hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's 50k for 81-85's

10+ Year Old Account
    :O i thought 20k wsa a bit ott, how do you guys get over 20k gold? xD dotnt hink i have ever had over 6k.... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygersaf View Post
    :O i thought 20k wsa a bit ott, how do you guys get over 20k gold? xD dotnt hink i have ever had over 6k.... :P
    Actually, just doing a few dailies at the circus tent gives me over 1k gold / week, so how can you not ever had over 6k? :s

Deleted
    play play the auction house game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
    Actually, just doing a few dailies at the circus tent gives me over 1k gold / week, so how can you not ever had over 6k? :s
    circus tent? i asume tahts teh argetn tornament one? :P

and i spose i buy pets whenever i save you like 2k xD and tbh i dont often do dailys to get gold...but i might now xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

Deleted
    20k is ridiculous, I would bet that at least 40-50% of the playerbase have at least that much gold. Personally I'm closer to 50k.

If you do all 25 dailies a day (hardly anyone does) including the Argent Tournament ones, thats around 350g per day just from the rewards, not counting any loot you got from killing the mobs. Most of the gold I have "made" has been from occasionally getting the urge to do dailies. Since 3.3 I have made roughly 40k from selling loot I've won (Mainly 3 Battered Hilts and Reins of the Azure Drake)

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    20k is ridiculous, I would bet that at least 40-50% of the playerbase have at least that much gold. Personally I'm closer to 50k.
    You'd be surprised how many people cannot afford an epic flyer. (or even dual-spec back when it was 1k gold)

OT:
    Yes, 20k is the limit for lvl80s, but as someone already pointed out you can invest the rest of your gold into buying items that can be sold for the same price on your new realm, or even make some nice profit out of it.
    It's a little risky to do at the end of an expansion, so be very careful what you spend your money on.

Here is pic to give you an idea about how your inventory should look like.
    (Picture was taken back in september 2009, 3 months prior to 3.3.)

Source: http://greedygoblin.blogspot.com/200...oad-again.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I transfered 3 days ago on my DK, but i bought couple choppers before i left. Bad thing is i need to get them sold now

I am fairly sure the limit is there to stop the surge of goldsellers and hackers moving about so easily. Just like the £15 fee for moving your toon. It's otherwise a simple database change. Blizz probably have a 14 year old kid on work experience doing it. As you say, transfer some commodities with you then sell at the other end, where there is a will there is a way.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 04:16 PM ----------

@Cortenzo whats with the 28 slot bags?
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    I transfered 3 days ago on my DK, but i bought couple choppers before i left. Bad thing is i need to get them sold now
    Do this. The value of the chopper is not changing in Cataclysm.

Buy the chopper parts though, not the bike itself. The bike will NOT change faction with you, but the parts will. Get all the parts you need, switch faction, craft all the bikes, sell them all for the same price you bought them (12.5k or even 12k if you want it in a hurry) and BOOM, you're rich again.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    gl with selling choopers now that you can get goblin bike for 10 gold