Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    What if you get hurt? Is that not possible? Not so good then, hm? But everyone thinks it will be someone else.
    I completed all of this on the beta months ago.

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 06:12 PM ----------

Thanks for the random insult tho. lol

Ty for the awsome post! I would like to add.. CLICK THE LIGHTWELL! when ur down health atleast lol.

i still cant believe how many people are "liking", "approving", etc this post... are you really that bad that you found ANY of this post useful? Or do you REALLY surround yourself with people who need to read this??

Nothing is REALLY going to be different in cata, compared with every other expansion. Goods are going to get shit done and bads are going to wait until blizzard spoon feed them everything they need to succeed.

You know i was leading a raid recently were a shadowmourne warrior was doing sub 10k dps.....

Blizzard is designing the game to allow anyone to make any mistake and still get rewards. Thats the way it is now, so if you honestly think any of the bads are going to start caring now, after 6 months of not caring, then i believe you need a reality check.

Thanks Brie for the sig.
    Accession Kill Videos - 7/7HM 25

nice job, quite informative for beginners and advanced players

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

One word - Vanilla!

Red face

I think its adorable that people don't think all of the Cata content isn't going to get nerfed into the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaa View Post
    i still cant believe how many people are "liking", "approving", etc this post... are you really that bad that you found ANY of this post useful? Or do you REALLY surround yourself with people who need to read this??

Nothing is REALLY going to be different in cata, compared with every other expansion. Goods are going to get shit done and bads are going to wait until blizzard spoon feed them everything they need to succeed.

You know i was leading a raid recently were a shadowmourne warrior was doing sub 10k dps.....

Blizzard is designing the game to allow anyone to make any mistake and still get rewards. Thats the way it is now, so if you honestly think any of the bads are going to start caring now, after 6 months of not caring, then i believe you need a reality check.
    This is what I was saying in an earlier post. This thread has pretty much become baddies calling other baddies bad.

But when I played wow, I had to farm uphill both ways, and had to raid in the SNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnaa View Post

Where does this type of player appear from on our horizon? This new and exciting individual. That says it will be the same as every release, even though every release has been utterly different. They predict the expac will fail even though its not even released. Its like they want wow to fail yet continue to play. I just... cant... Oh wait its an elitist, nvm.

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 06:22 PM ----------

They will nerf after the waves of people have completed the content on the intended difficulty level (possibly). So what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Where does this type of player appear from on our horizon? This new and exciting individual. That says it will be the same as every release, even though every release has been utterly different. They predict the expac will fail even though its not even released. Its like they want wow to fail yet continue to play. I just... cant... Oh wait its an elitist, nvm.
    He isn't predicting the expac will fail. He expects it will be the same as WoW has always has been. Baddies will be bad, goodies will be good, and everyone will eventually get the same gear in the end. Or at least almost the same gear.

It doesn't make financial sense for Blizz to alienate the "casuals." Thus there will be NERFS and over-geared content. That is reality.

Nice post OP.

I came back to the game about a month ago having raided (as a heal priest) vanilla all the way through Vashj in TBC. MC, BWL, Naxx 40, SSC....

I found the style of play drastically different. For example mana conservation was non existent; healing consisted of pushing out as much HP/s as possible. I'm happy they are returning to a bit of the "old" style where encounters relied more on execution of fight mechanics and resource conservation/proper user of abilities then just a dps race with a few small tricks.

With regards to the "old raids" vs the "new raids" I only did ICC 10 twice as nobody wanted to go the third week booo. Anyhow, we rolled through 11/12 in essentially a group of alts/returning players with a few straight up pugs (who were #$%#) in 2 weeks and about <8 hours of play. Difficulty wise I cannot compare to previous content since we had the 30% buff (eg: easy mode) however one thing I did notice is that the fight mechanics in ICC were generally a lot simpler then BC and Vanilla raids. The fact we could even do the encounters with half the players in the raid being completely green to the mechanics indicates as much.

Let's hope Cata beckons the return technical and efficient play.

Daetur... you are a GOD.

o.O

Ok ppl start changing the subject from the first post to GS/xp/pass fight.

Grats you play in vanila.

Grats you have a Hardcore guild.

Grats you did all content in beta.

Grats to anything you want... i give you my special hug =D (really i give it to you, i like hugs ^.^)

This post is not "You are noob, look this is the first step" or "WoW!! i dont know nothing about this" or even "Trash, trash and trash, i dont know why i spend my time reading this..."

WoW have OVER 12k actived acc. do you think that every acc have a good player ? A LOT of players in wow never played before (NOT EVEN PS or xBox or wii!!) and everyone charge in yelling "omg learn it learn that" this is a game, and we cant forget to have some fun ( i dont said a lot, just a bit is fine )

i know ppl that spend ALL the time collencting herbs, ores and leather... and they are happy. i also know ppl that spend 26h doing the same boss, over and over until get it down and repeat next week.

This is WoW, but also, this is the world of REALITY! Every one in YOUR HOUSE is the same profession, like the same cartoons or movies, and have the same tasty as you ?

you friends are so smart or dummy as you ?

well, it not happens with me at least. i have smart and dummy friends, but they are my friends, and they (like me) dont born with Albert Einstein mind in our first day on earth...

Everyone learn something at some point.

Sinnnaa, do you start wow knowing EVERYTHING that you know now ?

and you that is reading it right now, do you start know all fights cuz you are a good player and even before the download finish do you find mmo-champs, wowhead, alakazhan, thott, tankspot.... and read and LEARN all fights, about all roles, and all strat ??

Well, i dont. i start play this game cuz my friend invite me. and i like it. i played pvp pve RP, horde and ally sides. High end, hardcore guilds for fun guild. casual guilds and even random/pug.

you played with it ? you play all roles in the game ?? (i'm not talking about heal, tank and dps. i'm talking about what i said early)

do you know your guildies ? at least one real name ??

this is a game, each one want something like the REAL LIFE. you CAN'T push your will or your wisdom to someone else.

For ME, this is what is about this topic, teaching things that for some is basic and for others is the first step to be a excelent raider.

Good luck guys that want keep talking about "i did it and you dont", "i'm better then you", "you are a noob and i kill HLK before the release to beta", "it's my ball, and if i dont play, no one will!"

EDIT: sorry about the WALL TEXT OF DOOM =X

Like in Vanilla and BC... In BC they nerfed so hard 80% of the server never saw the inside of sunwell or BT for that matter. You may be a bit less cynical and say it makes sense for blizzard to make an engaging long playing fun game. If all the serious players left what would be left? Do you think developers make games easy to please the public? The beat in a day flopper games with no challenge are the ones that lose financially. There are alot of players barely hanging on to any sense of interest after the last xpac, they can either go back a bit to a Vanilla/BC model or become a cartoon game suited for 5 year olds. Having played beta for several months and cleared all the 80-85 available on my copied main gearing up etc, and having leveled 2 alts to level 60, ally and horde, comparing this with my out of the box wotlk experience this is much harder content than even BC had on release. Yea, after X amount of time they will nerf it, towards the end of the xpac... Big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post

7.) You are more than just “big numbers!” Simply because your role or spec is “dps” doesn’t mean you can’t throw out a heal, a dispel, or a cleanse, or even pick up a stray add. Did the healer just die? Does your class have some healing spells? Well, you’d BETTER have those on your bar, because it’s time to show what you’re made of. Pick up the healing and save your group!
    ^ This! It should be a loading screen Tip

Quote Originally Posted by glebluk View Post
    ^ This! It should be a loading screen Tip
    This^ +1
    85 Manabrødx Main
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B8dx/simple
    85 Gethax Alt
    I am dave ! yognaught
    /salute

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    Actually, I find that such players are just confused about what "good" and "bad" are. "Good" players are the ones who know what to expect. They're the ones who can look at a warrior doing low dps and say, "I need you to to get off the keyboard and start using your mouse and strafing keys for movement because you're OOR for 43% of your white damage swings. If you don't have that all set up, do it now and we'll go duel outside so you can test it out, because these other 23 people would rather wait 10 minutes than wipe again." The "bad" players are the ones who say, "WTF low dps fail!!"

The good players in cataclysm are going to be the people who can coach the people who forgot what CC was in Wrath. I can't count the number of LFD groups doing Flamelash for the pre-Cata event had at least one death if not a wipe because not standing in the fire was a new concept to them. They expected the healer to just push through it because they were so used to so completely out-gearing everything that that was a reasonable response. In some cases, they're not even bad players, just players who have forgotten that the environment can pose a challenge.
    WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles

Quote Originally Posted by Nymos View Post
    o.O

this is a game, each one want something like the REAL LIFE. you CAN'T push your will or your wisdom to someone else.

For ME, this is what is about this topic, teaching things that for some is basic and for others is the first step to be a excelent raider.

Good luck guys that want keep talking about "i did it and you dont", "i'm better then you", "you are a noob and i kill HLK before the release to beta", "it's my ball, and if i dont play, no one will!"

EDIT: sorry about the WALL TEXT OF DOOM =X
    I agree with this guy entirely. Any comment made becomes and excuse to throw poop. Needless to say I will enjoy this unfolding immensely over the next months, alot of ppls artificially inflated epeen is going to get snapped off. The OP had alot of insight into the issues that will affect players in cata, it would do well to not ignore, unless you want to be floorsauce. As for people overpowering the heroic dungeon level content even, at the last stages of beta they gave premades full t11 and they still were wiping all over the heroics and the raids arent easier than the heroic btw, so I wonder when we will get this game changing OP gear (over a year will be my guess).

10+ Year Old Account
    People forget that the majority of the player-base aren't hardcore raiders. Like my sister, who farms herbs all day and levels alts. The hardcore raiders may get the gear and the glory, but the casuals, baddies, and questers keep the servers running. You can believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    6.) You are NOT the master of the group. Many tanks in WotLK have become rude and overconfident due largely to their short queue times. I can be guilty of this as well. Many have a tendency to treat the other members of their groups with the expectation that whatever THEY says goes, because the group cannon function without them. Please, I beg of you, if you are one of these tanks, remember that you cannot solo this content. You need your group as much as they need you.
    This.

People are (IMO) misinterpreting this part here. Read this as: YOU ARE NOT GOD'S GIFT TO THE GROUP. Yes, the role of the tank is to traditionally handle pulling, rest breaks, marking, deciding what mobs you want CC'd, etc... That's fine. It was even mentioned above. That's not what this comment is referring to. Do all that, it'll help make the group run smoother.

This one is to not act all high and mighty and elitist because you are the tank. Saying whatever you want to everyone and generally being a dick. Rolling Need on everything because "Fuck it, I'm the tank and I do what I want." Personally, I *will* be voting off tanks who act like dickheads. You can perform your role as a tank without acting like a douchebag. Tanks who pull 10 groups without the healer, die, and then bitch. Or don't wait for healer mana. It's primarily saying that you are NOT the king of those in your group. You are replaceable like anyone else. And, just because you are the tank, it doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want and act like a child.

There's the opposite to this too, the healer who pulls mobs because they don't like the tank's pace. The pally who bubbles and charges into a room to pull so the tank has to scramble and pick up the mobs off them. The hunters with misdirect pulls onto the tank before the tank is ready.

I'm sick of people that act like tools in groups, and with the new dungeons, I can see a lot of people used to the current situation nerdraging.

TL;DR - Above Quote = You don't have to be *nice*, just don't be an asshole, not that you're not in control of your group in regards to pulling/marking/deciding cc.

Quote Originally Posted by champ3000 View Post
    People forget that the majority of the player-base aren't hardcore raiders. Like my sister, who farms herbs all day and levels alts. The hardcore raiders may get the gear and the glory, but the casuals, baddies, and questers keep the servers running. You can believe that.
    And they always will, as long as wow is online. They always have, some dont even care about end game just want to quest as a boredom killer. Making the game easier doesnt help blizzard, making the game so it has content for people looking for a challenge and also for people just looking for a light diversion is the hard part. If either side were to quit playing it would cripple wow.